Week 11 GDT - Dolphins at Broncos

jolly red giant

3 hours ago, AKRNA said:

I'm looking forward to watching a bit. The entire OL has been improving in the last few games after a horrendous start. Last week I thought they actually played pretty well.

Did Anderson start again?  Did Cush stay off skates today?

I thought Cush looked like a different guy today. That + an NFL caliber RT made a difference. 

2 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

I think people just hate the way he looks, confidence, brash arrogance at times. But they fail to realize that may be the very thing that helps him weather this storm.

If you think he's the worst starter to play today or in the league you must have missed jake Luton today 

You really think this is what people have a problem with, not his poor play? I know you’re a big fan of his and want him to work (we all do) but that’s not true at all. 

Luton was never meant to be a starter. And good lord are we really comparing Drew Lock to Jake Luton to make a point 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

There appears to be a contingent of the fanbase that is hell bent against Lock.

I’ve seen it for my whole life, I saw it against Cutler, against Plummer, against Griese, against Tebow, and, believe it or not for the kids around here, against Elway. 

It’s fans and it’s the media. Snap judgments are made and then heels get dug in and it’s the end of the story as far as rational, evidence-based decisions get made. It was hot takes before hot takes became the basis of sports opinion-making. 

I think the opposite is true. People so badly wanted Drew to work out that they jumped the gun on him being “the guy” after a few games. That goodwill ended because he’s been so bad. 

2 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

You really think this is what people have a problem with, not his poor play? I know you’re a big fan of his and want him to work (we all do) but that’s not true at all. 

Luton was never meant to be a starter. And good lord are we really comparing Drew Lock to Jake Luton to make a point 

Dude he's been as good or better than Josh Allen in his first 12 games of his career. And I think he has had a new OC the past 4 or 5 years as a player that's insane.

Denver as an organization

2017 Mike McCoy

2018 Bill Musgrave

2019 Rich Scangrello

2020 Pay Shurmer

No continuity and other than yesterday he really hasn't been helped out at all by the run game.r

He's shown more as a player and qb than Lynch, Siemian, Osweiler combined.

Yes I do think my statement is accurate heck you have people ommitimg everything he' did last year just bc of this year that's totally not fair.

2 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

I thought Cush looked like a different guy today. That + an NFL caliber RT made a difference. 

I'm looking forward to watching tomorrow. Last week I think the entire OL turned a corner. They actually looked pretty good, lots fewer mental errors and really played like a unit.

Really glad both Cush and Anderson are stepping up. That would pay great dividends for the next few years.

3 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Dude he's been as good or better than Josh Allen in his first 12 games of his career. And I think he has had a new OC the past 4 or 5 years as a player that's insane.

2017 Mike McCoy

2018 Bill Musgrave

2019 Rich Scangrello

2020 Pay Shurmer

No continuity and other than yesterday he really hasn't been helped out at all by the run game.r

Yes I do think my statement is accurate heck you have people ommitimg everything he' did last year just bc of this year that's totally not fair.

Keep in mind, he's been in the NFL for a year and a half so OC changes prior to last year mean nothing. 

4 hours ago, rcpbawler said:

Being better than a 6th round rookie playing for one of the least talented teams in the NFL is hardly anything to brag about.

Lock has been so bad this season that looking like a league average player today (after those first couple of really awful drives) gives people optimism. I'm genuinely rooting for Lock, but unless he shows absolutely drastic improvements to finish the season, I don't trust him to be qbotf.

Oh I'm sorry Wentz is called the worst starter all over the east coast. Hmmmm where's Dwayne haskins at . Him being the worst starter is wayyy over dramaticiszed.

Serious question other than Lawrence is there anyone you'd trust as a qb? 

This franchise has become a joke ripping off band aid after bandaid at qb since Manning. 

Oc after OC has had a volitile running game this year.

Let me be clear on this if Drew Lock fails I don't wanna go Qb until this organization is changed at the top. Bc I don't see any young guy succeeding for this volitile situation

6 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

2017 Mike McCoy

2018 Bill Musgrave

2019 Rich Scangrello

2020 Pay Shurmer

Take a look at the guys you’ve compared him to in this thread. Jake Luton, rookie Josh Allen (shouldn’t forget what a weapon he was as a runner even then; Drew will never be that), Trevor Siemian, Paxton Lynch and Brock Osweiler. He can be better than all those guys and still be the worst opening day starter to play significant snaps this year. You’re not looking at his level of play with any objectivity, you’ve just made a choice to tie yourself to him. 

1 minute ago, BroncoBruin said:

Take a look at the guys you’ve compared him to in this thread. Jake Luton, rookie Josh Allen (shouldn’t forget what a weapon he was as a runner even then; Drew will never be that), Trevor Siemian, Paxton Lynch and Brock Osweiler. He can be better than all those guys and still be the worst opening day starter to play significant snaps this year. You’re not looking at his level of play with any objectivity, you’ve just made a choice to tie yourself to him. 

No I am looking at his play objectively he hasn't made the grade period. But also hasn't had a good ground game, and the put all the pressure on the Qb to get to 30 points so we have a chance to win is a recipe for disaster.

Idc about allen's running Lock has been as good or better his final 12 games it's still their first 12 starts as professionals.

And I thought Drew was okay today. Shurmur made things really easy for him, it’s clear now that Drew needs the training wheels on. He does deserve credit for playing a clean game after the pick. But this is a pretty weak victory lap to take, particularly after the horrible run of play he was having. 

8 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

No I am looking at his play objectively he hasn't made the grade period. But also hasn't had a good ground game, and the put all the pressure on the Qb to get to 30 points so we have a chance to win is a recipe for disaster.

Idc about allen's running Lock has been as good or better his final 12 games it's still their first 12 starts as professionals.

...why would you not care about Allen’s rushing? That’s a huge amount of offensive production. You can’t make the comparison and then pick and choose the things you want to matter. That dynamic makes him a better player. But yes, Lock has had a better start to his career purely as a passer than rookie Josh Allen who couldn’t even crack 53% completion and threw more picks than TDs. Most people thought Allen wouldn’t make it as a QB based on what he did early and his trajectory is pretty rare. This isn’t nearly as impressive as you seem to believe. 

Edited by BroncoBruin
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

why would you not care about Allen’s rushing? That’s a huge amount of offensive production. You can’t make the comparison and then pick and choose the things you want to matter.

That's what you're doing lol I'm not moving on from a guy just cause he's not an elite runner at qb.

Josh Allen first 12 games: 52.8% passing 10 TDs 12 INTs 2074 yards 5 -6 as a starter. Drew Lock first 12 games: 58.6% passing 14 TDs 13 TDs 2517 yards 6-6 as a starter.

1 minute ago, thebestever6 said:

That's what you're doing lol I'm not moving on from a guy just cause he's not an elite runner at qb.

Josh Allen first 12 games: 52.8% passing 10 TDs 12 INTs 2074 yards 5 -6 as a starter. Drew Lock first 12 games: 58.6% passing 14 TDs 13 TDs 2517 yards 6-6 as a starter.

The hell are you talking about? If we’re going to compare them, compare their total offensive production. The rushing production matters, even if it doesn’t suit your argument. Allen was the worst passer in the league that year. He absolutely stunk. I’m supposed to believe Lock is going to be good because he’s been marginally better than a guy who was the worst passer in the league as a rookie?