Week 11: Jets vs Chargers

Bobby816

18 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

I don't see anyway Miami will play Tua he was so bad Sunday he was bench. Miami is still in the playoff hunt they will go all out for a win. I think we have a much better chance of losing if Darnold starts Sunday.  Flacco. throws a great deep ball he always has. The NfL conference playoff spot are almost set. The thing that is not close to being set is the NFL east which three win team will win the conference. No matter what happens the rest of the year, we have to square away the RB situation either thru the draft or thru FA. in the off season. And don't be surprised  if Joe Douglas pick a RB in the early third round, only if it is a player he really likes is still on the board.

Flores already said Tua is playing. I do agree that Flacco is better than Darnold at this point. Darnolds mechanics and ability to read defenses are so piss poor there’s no chance he’s beating Miami. He also typically plays terrible against them too. Flacco will start and I predict a 23-16 Loss. Darnolds starts have not even been watchable this year. 

2 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Flores already said Tua is playing. I do agree that Flacco is better than Darnold at this point. Darnolds mechanics and ability to read defenses are so piss poor there’s no chance he’s beating Miami. He also typically plays terrible against them too. Flacco will start and I predict a 23-16 Loss. Darnolds starts have not even been watchable this year. 

The difference being Flacco is what he is at this point, even at his best we likely lose out. Would it really shock you to see Sam explode one week, only to collapse the next? We've seen the peaks and valleys before.

1 minute ago, NJC33 said:

The difference being Flacco is what he is at this point, even at his best we likely lose out. Would it really shock you to see Sam explode one week, only to collapse the next? We've seen the peaks and valleys before.

I expect if Sam comes back at some point for him to have a couple good games with our starting weapons at WR. I just think it will be too late at this point. I can’t see us getting 3 wins. So we are pretty much locked into the 1st 2 picks. I’m more or less hoping we utilize Mims a ton to see if he can breakout to look like a reliable option for us next year. Skill set wise I know he can. But the play and production has to be there to feel good about that. I know it’s an awful comparison bc of where they were drafted... but I see lamb producing even with Dalton at QB bc he’s being used and has confidence. I think Mims can be a lite version of Lamb if we get him The ball more the rest of the way. Guy should be getting 6 catches weekly at least.

• Like 1

People here are actually suggesting the Flacco has been better than Darnold? Yikes. Flacco has had a better cast of receivers around him, played a weaker schedule and is still has a lower completion percentage, lower yards per game average and has made some of the worst decision I've ever seen.  Some of you guys are just looking to try and blindly hate on Darnold.

Look, if you don't think he can be a franchise QB, that's perfectly fine. Bash away, but man, at least be honest about it. There are plenty of obvious and fair critiques of Darnolds poor play out there that you don't have to just create false misrepresentations to try and build your cases. Flacco has been out right worse than Sam in all but two categories, TD passes and Interceptions, both a direct result of Flacco actually having a full complement of real NFL receivers to work with and Gase finally giving up play calling duties.

1 hour ago, drew39k said:

People here are actually suggesting the Flacco has been better than Darnold? Yikes. Flacco has had a better cast of receivers around him, played a weaker schedule and is still has a lower completion percentage, lower yards per game average and has made some of the worst decision I've ever seen.  Some of you guys are just looking to try and blindly hate on Darnold.

Look, if you don't think he can be a franchise QB, that's perfectly fine. Bash away, but man, at least be honest about it. There are plenty of obvious and fair critiques of Darnolds poor play out there that you don't have to just create false misrepresentations to try and build your cases. Flacco has been out right worse than Sam in all but two categories, TD passes and Interceptions, both a direct result of Flacco actually having a full complement of real NFL receivers to work with and Gase finally giving up play calling duties.

Flacco has been better than Darnold this season. That’s indisputable. Period.

That’s an interesting debate since both haven’t been good. Flacco does allow us to attack down field better. Darnold just doesn’t go deep too well even going back to the Robby days. I do remember some good deep throws his rookie season though. Makes you wonder who’s a bigger issue Gase or Darnold.

23 hours ago, drew39k said:

While I do completely disagree with you, we shall see how Sam plays with a better cast or characters. I’d happy admit being wrong. 

30 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

While I do completely disagree with you, we shall see how Sam plays with a better cast or characters. I’d happy admit being wrong. 

Flacco, throw a much better  deep pass than Darnold.

36 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Darnold on his best day can't throw a deep pass like Flacco. The talk down here in Florida, is the decision to start Tua, came from the front office not the head coach. This was reported on FM 96 the game in Orlando. Darnold's big strength was supposed to be how accurate he is on pass while he is on the run, we all know how bad he is when he roll out how many time did he miss wide open receivers while on the move.

• Like 1

The thing is now I actually don’t want Sam to play because I feel with a healthy receiving core he will have a few good games. Make us not draft T-Law and then roll into next year with him our starting qb: 

for the record I still believe he has a shot at becoming a quality starting qb somewhere but definitely not here. That ship has unfortunately sailed. Not really his fault either which is more frustrating. 

Just now, xrade said:

Here is a good video session on Hall’s play against the Chargers

Best steal draft pick we’ve had in awhile. Every year I mock a guy like this to us. That’s a 1st round talent that slips bc of injury (this year I love Justyn Ross if he declares). 

• Like 1

I think Hall may be a decent CB but I will not yet anoint him as a good starter just yet. Need to see more but so far so good. It would be awesome if Hall develops and we can draft that next promising CB to play opposite of Hall.

As you state it has become a passing league therefore we need CB’s to counter that especially in our division with two young QB’s. Three if the Pats draft a first rd QB.