Week 11: Jets vs Chargers

2 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Miami game might be winnable depending on how Tua looks.

lol Nah, Miami beat us 24-0 and had a bad game against another we almost gave up 40 to. We may do better, but they're still clearly better. 

Edited by rickyt31
6 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

lol Nah, Miami beat us 24-0 and had a bad game against another we almost gave up 40 to. We may do better, but they're still clearly better. 

We’re not the same team that they clipped 24-0, I think we lose but I think it’s close. 

Just now, KingOfNewYork said:

We’re not the same team that they clipped 24-0, I think we lose but I think it’s close. 

They aren't either. It Fitz who dragged us so bad, Tua was able to get in the game.

Our secondary is terrible against the pass, we're not going to beat anyone with Frank Gore, we don't know what version of Sam we're getting, and Dowell can't manage to call good plays for a whole game. Sam would have to go off for us to get a win against a team still in the playoff hunt. 

We have no chance against teams with really good offenses especially if it’s a pass heavy offense. Even if they have a bad defense. Gase does not know how to take advantage of opponents weaknesses. So our offense has no chance to keep up.

Seattle and LAR are definitely losses. I think the Raiders are a loss as well but it’ll be close if the Raiders lay an egg flying east.

We can possibly beat the Browns,  Miami or NE. But those teams are better coached and have more talent. 

12 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

We have no chance against teams with really good offenses especially if it’s a pass heavy offense. Even if they have a bad defense. Gase does not know how to take advantage of opponents weaknesses. So our offense has no chance to keep up.

Seattle and LAR are definitely losses. I think the Raiders are a loss as well but it’ll be close if the Raiders lay an egg flying east.

We can possibly beat the Browns,  Miami or NE. But those teams are better coached and have more talent. 

I'd put the Rams in the winnable column. Maybe I'm underrating them, but they seem to me like a team that lacks consistency and plays down to opponents. Goff leaves a lot to be desired at the QB spot.

Just now, drew39k said:

I'd put the Rams in the winnable column. Maybe I'm underrating them, but they seem to me like a team that lacks consistency and plays down to opponents. Goff leaves a lot to be desired at the QB spot.

Dude...we have no chance in that game. Aaron Donald is going to toss McGovern around like a rag doll. You are completely underrating them. We lose that game by a minimum of two possessions lol. While youre right about Goff he is still significantly better than any QB on our roster.

3 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Dude...we have no chance in that game. Aaron Donald is going to toss McGovern around like a rag doll. You are completely underrating them. We lose that game by a minimum of two possessions lol. While you're right about Goff he is still significantly better than any QB on our roster.

Its the same Rams team that barely beat the Giants. They play down to the level of their opponents. If Darnold makes a play or two, Periman breaks one and Goff plays like bad Goff its a winnable game. I'm not calling the Jets the friggen favorite, I'm simply pointing out that the Rams are inconsistent in their own right.

59 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

They aren't either. It Fitz who dragged us so bad, Tua was able to get in the game.

Our secondary is terrible against the pass, we're not going to beat anyone with Frank Gore, we don't know what version of Sam we're getting, and Dowell can't manage to call good plays for a whole game. Sam would have to go off for us to get a win against a team still in the playoff hunt. 

I’m saying we’ll score more, defensively we’ll struggle either way no more different than normal. 24-17 is certainly possible. 

I was a bit worried for a second there, but Flacco's early pick six was clearly a sign that he was taking his tank commander role seriously. His final four hurls of the football up with little regard for placement or anything was just perfect. And Ficken with the assist.

Mims is going to be great if we can just not screw things up and get ourselves Lawrence and some decent coaches. I just cannot believe how many pointless runs we were calling in the first half. Mims, Perriman, and Crowder are a good trio and I'd like to have all three on the roster next year.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, drew39k said:

Its the same Rams team that barely beat the Giants. They play down to the level of their opponents. If Darnold makes a play or two, Periman breaks one and Goff plays like bad Goff its a winnable game. I'm not calling the Jets the friggen favorite, I'm simply pointing out that the Rams are inconsistent in their own right.

No way we have a chances with the Rams. The main reason is the Jets suck going west. They NEVER do well no matter what team they bring west. 

I know the Charges CB's are pathetic, but you can't take away the great speed Perriman & Mims show yesterday. How long has it been since the Jets had two speedy receivers on the field at the same time. And I sure don't want to see any of these silly mock drafts either cutting or even letting Perriman walk. I don't care how much money it costs us but we must resign him.

3 hours ago, doumeyer said:

I know the Charges CB's are pathetic, but you can't take away the great speed Perriman & Mims show yesterday. How long has it been since the Jets had two speedy receivers on the field at the same time. And I sure don't want to see any of these silly mock drafts either cutting or even letting Perriman walk. I don't care how much money it costs us but we must resign him.

Even if its just for depth purposes. Mims and Perriman were putting pressure on the Chargers Corners and if Fant doesn't get hurt then we dont have Bosa going crazy on Edoga's bum a**.

16 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Jets are 6.5 point dogs. If you think we get smoked you should put the house on Miami.

18 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Jets are 6.5 point dogs. If you think we get smoked you should put the house on Miami.

At home where you get +3 automatically. I do agree it’ll be a closer game, especially since Tua isn’t throwing for big yards but their D will likely shut us down. Im with you on the fact that I wouldn’t touch this game as a gambler...we’ve looked better on offense recently, albeit vs some awful defenses but this will be too close for comfort. Our only saving grace is Miami is going to really need this game if they have a shot at the playoffs 

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

At home where you get +3 automatically. I do agree it’ll be a closer game, especially since Tua isn’t throwing for big yards but their D will likely shut us down. Im with you on the fact that I wouldn’t touch this game as a gambler...we’ve looked better on offense recently, albeit vs some awful defenses but this will be too close for comfort. Our only saving grace is Miami is going to really need this game if they have a shot at the playoffs 

I don't see anyway Miami will play Tua he was so bad Sunday he was bench. Miami is still in the playoff hunt they will go all out for a win. I think we have a much better chance of losing if Darnold starts Sunday.  Flacco. throws a great deep ball he always has. The NfL conference playoff spot are almost set. The thing that is not close to being set is the NFL east which three win team will win the conference. No matter what happens the rest of the year, we have to square away the RB situation either thru the draft or thru FA. in the off season. And don't be surprised  if Joe Douglas pick a RB in the early third round, only if it is a player he really likes is still on the board.