BDL 2020 Week 11 - Gotham Gashslayers @ Williamsport Soul Reavers

Ragnarok

Who wins?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Gotha Gashslayers
    • Williamsport Soul Reavers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/26/2020 at 05:00 AM

I'm just not sure I like WSR's offensive gameplan here to pass more as Gotham has one of the best secondaries in the league. Granted, Gotham's defense kinda forces you into a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. I just think WSR can have more success running the ball than passing as their WR options aren't the best. The best way for this WSR team to work is to run and set up the play action, regardless of Gotham's defensive front. The running game was barely mentioned in the writeup and just seemed to be an afterthought when that's really the heart of the WSR offense.

I get that the scheming against Henry requires innovation but it shouldn’t come at the cost of not starting Simmons. 

This is a pretty even game I found hard to choose a winner. I think this will be a moderately high scoring game for two strong defenses. In the end, I think the extra attention Williamsport did not pay to Tyreek Hill and Gotham coming out in a 4-3 offsetting the intent of Williamsport to run the ball in shotgun sets is the biggest difference maker. No special teams in BDL but Gotham’s kicker nails one at the end to close an eventual playoff matchup.

I think almost all of you misinterpreted what I actually said because I did not say that I was passing the ball more than I was running the Baul I said I was running out of certain sets more I said i was just going to use certain sets to run the Ball to spread out the defence I never said I waz Passing the ball  more

Edited by wwhickok

Close matchup. I think it's hard to ignore that Derek Carr has turned the corner this season, and it's time to start respecting what he can do. Both gameplans are good, but Gotham I think gets the edge in the passing game, and while Henry gets his, I'm not sure he gets to really pound the defense into submission. Gotham by a score.

7 hours ago, Jlash said:

You're the #1 seed playing the #2 seed playing the respect card. Stop. Your team is great. Pheltz's team is great. It's a great matchup.

The respect card is legit. You say ppl like my team, respect my team... yeah so much that I got 1 vote not including my own. So what you guys really said was I can't compete with Gotham.

So with that, in the playoffs, I shouldn't beat a healthy NOLA, Berlin, or Gotham. If I end up facing any of those teams, I'm not even gonna waste the time writing a gameplan  

I think this matchup suits Gotham a bit more than WSR just by the way the strengths of each team align. I think to succeed against Gotham you need an offense that has a mobile QB to escape the interior pass-rush and a QB that excels in the intermediate game as the secondary is very good while the linebackers can be taken advantage of. WSR are a kind of awkward fit offensively as they're very much a run the ball, play action and throw it deep. 

So with that said I take Gotham here but I do think it's a close game. Obviously with the offensive group Gotham rolls out they'll have success, but it's not to say WSR is completely impotent either. Henry still gets his and the deep shots work out for WSR occasionally too. I just think it's difficult to look past Hill or Jeudy breaking out a huge play to turn the game on its head and give Gotham the momentum to carry it out.