Week 11 - GDT - Falcons (3-6) @ Saints (7-2)

He’s no Steve Young (nobody thought he was) but you can see why Payton has said Hill could be a starter in this league.

His first career start was pretty impressive other than the fumble and a couple bad sacks, but those are the type of mistakes you expect a guy to make in his first start in all honesty.

• Like 1

I'm more than ok with Hill driving this car in Brees' absence. The dual threat ability is big but the fumbles are a huge issue, and Hill uncorked a couple deep passes that we haven't seen from this offense under Brees in forever. They weren't the prettiest deep throws but he gave Manny and co. a chance to make plays. Tremendous 'zip' on his throws too. The ceiling is there any given game, but it'll be a more volatile experience than Teddy when he stepped in last year.

• Like 1

Not a whole lot to complain about today. Defense has really stepped up, in the last 3 weeks we've given up 25 points total. Not per game, total. That includes QB scrubs such as Tom Brady and Matt Ryan. Nick Mullins was the best QB performance of that trio thus far. Dennis Allen take a bloody bow. The way he's turned around the D has been really amazing. We're getting more pressure, but more importantly our secondary is covering much much better. DPI and penalties in general have trended downward. Kwon Alexander really compliments Demario Davis in a way that Anzalone never has. I'm not sure if it's his play recognition or his mastery in coverage, but goodness those two looked phenomenal together. Kansas City is going to be a massive test.

Offense looked ok. Incoming minor rant. Taysom Hill isn't some make-a-wish kid we're throwing in at QB. Sean Payton isn't some dumbass headcoach like Adam Gase. This franchise under Payton knows what it takes to have a top offense year after year, even when trends have changed. I don't understand some of the memeing or critisicm. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't all that confident with Hill at QB, but he's not some random off the street. The offense wasn't great but it improved as the game wore on. There are some growing pains, but we had the same experience with Teddy B. I think it'll take a few weeks for Hill to get comfortable in this offense, but I think he can be solid. It's going to be a lot more RPO and deep balls but with MT and Sanders, I think we'll handle it. Having Kamara take off the pressure is going to be huge.

Overall I think we can buoy this season in Brees' absence. Big key is not to rush Brees back. Let him take 4-5-6 weeks to come back fully healed.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Dome said:

He’s no Steve Young (nobody thought he was) but you can see why Payton has said Hill could be a starter in this league.

He's not Steve Young, and Brees isn't Montana, but maybe we can get some high level play from him, if not elite, and not skip a beat in the same way.

9 hours ago, Fray32 said:

With Green Bay losing to Indy we're back in it for #1 seed fellas!

I’ll just go ahead and say it, we got Broncos, Falcons and Eagles next.  If we lose to one of those teams even without Brees, we don’t deserve the 1 seed.

• Like 1