Coaches, should they be replaced?

resilient part 2

I think it is a fair question at this point. We have good talent, but do we overate them? Do we have mediocre  talent Overall? Are the coaches getting the most of our talent??? Should Dallas be getting better results with this team?

At some point when the disgust of the latest loss wears off, I think we should at least attempt to discuss it.

I don't want to knee jerk reply.

But something is off. For the life of me...and everybody else. Why pass twice inside the 20 when we were ramming the ball down there throats.

Then we have the Defense. It's just not working this year. Kinda like Phillips. Maranelli's defense has been figured out. Not the best talent in the world. But they have given up points on the last 14 of 18 drives.

The problem is, and has been for years, that our coaching staff does not make adjustments, and gets torched in situational playcalling. Garrett yet again proved his incompetence by not working to kill more of the clock. Hell, 12 year olds playing Madden know that! And Marinelli simply can't coach. The guys play hard for him, but our defense has sucked for years against legitimate teams. That's on him. I find it very hard to believe that it's solely on the players. It's on the coaches, too.

34 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

Good. I want another high 1st round draft pick.

If we hit 5 losses by game 10, I would just prefer us to lose out the rest of the season. That sounds harsh. But at least there will be a Top 10 pick out of it. And not deal with another 8-8 season.

For far to long we have had well established coordinators. I want some fresh blood, some up and comers who ain’t afraid to stray away from what they know. Guys who can adjust to their shortcomings and are CREATIVE IN PLAY DESIGN! 

5 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

For far to long we have had well established coordinators. I want some fresh blood, some up and comers who ain’t afraid to stray away from what they know. Guys who can adjust to their shortcomings and are CREATIVE IN PLAY DESIGN! 

You know he got so much trash talk when he was head coach. But I do we wish we had a DC like Dave Campo again. Dude was so legit.

Ladies and gentleman. I present to you, the law of averages. 2 years ago, you guys were horrible, last year you were legit contenders, this year who knows where you'll go? Sometimes things just go your way sometimes they don't.

I like Garrett a single head coach and what he has done to change the culture of the locker room as well. I want him to stay. 

I also really don't mind Linehan st much. I don't think he's amazing, but don't think he's done anything to lose his job.

Marinelli on the other hand is simply unfit to be a defensive coordinator. He's great as a D-Line coach and that's it. He brings absolutely zero added value as a coordinator and is a complete liability. It's a rehash of the clown show this organization dealt with when Monte Kiffin was leading the defense a handful of years ago.

Archived