Coaches, should they be replaced?

resilient part 2

2 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

And yeah a lot of talk today about Moore retiring and becoming our next QB coach. I just don’t get the love affair from our staff with Kellen Moore. Sure he has a great relationship with Linehan. He was a very good college QB, but never developed as a NFL level QB (104 career attempts, 4TD’s and 6 Int’s).If he couldn’t develop here, what makes them think he can help develop Dak? 

Some of the best coaches in the game weren't very good players. In fact that's how most people get into coaching. You have to ask your self, did Kellen Moore make it all the way to the NFL because he was carried by his raw physical attributes? Or did he over achieve based on his obvious limitations. I think Kellen Moore was able to squeeze the most out of Kellen Moore. He may make a good coach.

9 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

And yeah a lot of talk today about Moore retiring and becoming our next QB coach. I just don’t get the love affair from our staff with Kellen Moore. Sure he has a great relationship with Linehan. He was a very good college QB, but never developed as a NFL level QB (104 career attempts, 4TD’s and 6 Int’s).If he couldn’t develop here, what makes them think he can help develop Dak? 

To be fair, there have been numerous successful QB coaches, well...coaches in general, who either never played or were not the greatest when they did play. 

Most of us have been clamoring for change, especially at that position, and have wanted some "new blood" on the staff. Moore certainly fits the bill.

40 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

Very valid points. But I do remember Moore refusing to be scout team QB some time ago. That shows me he wasnt fully into the program of helping his team. 

Never heard about that

Linehan - I can see both sides of this issue, one thing that normally limits a young QB is the constant change of OC and head coaches, so while I don't personally like the over all play calling I do see them keeping LInehan just to help Dak move forward. 

Marinelli - I have not understood why he is under the hot seat...  I personally feel the D has always over achieved with him as DC, sure I would like to see him figure it out better when Lee is hurt but that is just a minor part.. NOW I just hope he has some input so next season when Lee is hurt we have the personal in place to account for his absence. 

I watched almost every college game Moore played in being a Boise State fan, his main weakness was the physical tools. He had the heart, and the mental ability it is just he didn't have the arm strength needed to make the throws in the pro game you need to. I feel he will help Dak with understanding what he is seeing

9 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Hey gents. What's the scoop on Rich Bisaccia? If/when Gruden comes to the Raiders, he may target this guy apparently. I know absolutely nothing about him. Is he any good?

His tenure can be defined as hot & cold.

We have had two really impressive players in Bailey (K) and Jones (P) and a significant argument can be made he made Jones what he is today. Most if not all Cowboy fans wanted Jones cut two years back. His development has been monumental.

But the return game has left a lot to be desired. And at time it seems we lack the right personnel on coverage units. He also carries a huge stick in both the draft & in final roster cuts with Jason to see who makes the time.

I, for one, won't be sad to see him go. But one could do a lot worse.

Archived