Bengals QB Joe Burrow tears ACL, MCL and has other structural issues

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Per Rapoport :

#Bengals QB Joe Burrow suffered a torn ACL based on the initial diagnosis, source said. There may be additional damage. Burrow signaled it with his tweet, but the MRI confirming the injury would end his stellar rookie season.

Sucks regardless, but if its just the ACL not a hige deal all things considered. He should be ready before net years regular season, maybe even full go in the preseason.

7 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Enough is enough. This oline is absolutely trash. It needs fixed. They have 1 Offensive linemen that should even be playing and thats their LT. The rest should be on someone's PS.

it could be Luck.2 if they don't adjust their scheme for quick passes until the OL is much improved.  A shame since he was having such a good season and is a leader.  Also, this is where a running game helps. I never kept track, but how many RD1 type QB's have suffered because of bad OL's?  This probably will continue, no end in sight. 

2 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

If it's just an ACL tear, I think there's reason to be optimistic he will be able to return to 100%, and probably by the 2021 season.

This could be risky for the timetable.  Maybe  a real training camp and preseason would be worse for the recovery, but lets hope he doesn't end up like many others that are brought back too early and re-injure.   Would a knee brace have been of any help with the play that caused the injury? I never watched the play, I have seen enough of serious injuries.

31 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

This could be risky for the timetable.  Maybe  a real training camp and preseason would be worse for the recovery, but lets hope he doesn't end up like many others that are brought back too early and re-injure.   Would a knee brace have been of any help with the play that caused the injury? I never watched the play, I have seen enough of serious injuries.

Nope, defenders bent him back sort of awkwardly underneath himself. Was a low hit. Michael Jordan tried holding him and then they both lost balance and went into Burrow’s knee, who didn’t seem to feel that particular pressure from behind him. Not sure if it were a penalty, but if not, it definitely looked like one. Whether it was intentional or not, the defender ultimately went low and that led to the injury. Flacco was similarly injured some years back.

It definitely sucks. The Bengals OL were turning the corner too. They’re not the same putrid unit they had been to start the season. They’ve seemingly been far closer to mediocre than terrible as of late. Sucks for that unit to give up this kind of play on their QB and draw attention to themselves. The pressure ultimately was surrendered by the LG, Michael Jordan.

LG, Jordan and RG, Redmond are the two spots on the Bengals OL where they’ve still been below average. Trey Hopkins has been a massive upgrade over terrible Billy Price. At RT Bobby Hart has also been above average to good. And of course Jonah Williams looks like a future PB caliber player. But none of that matters because Jordan was bullied into a play that ultimately got his QB knocked out for the season.

EDIT: I only post it because for an injury, this one isn’t as bad (to look at) as some of the more recent ones like the Alex Smith play or the Dak Prescott play. The big bodies seem to block just enough of the view to keep it from really getting to the stomach.

Edited by diamondbull424

6 hours ago, 3rivers said:

it could be Luck.2 if they don't adjust their scheme for quick passes until the OL is much improved.  A shame since he was having such a good season and is a leader.  Also, this is where a running game helps. I never kept track, but how many RD1 type QB's have suffered because of bad OL's?  This probably will continue, no end in sight. 

Wwell, Penei Sewell has to be set in their sights now.  Sitting in the third draft slot, and the Jets and Jags have to be looking QB

3 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

Wwell, Penei Sewell has to be set in their sights now.  Sitting in the third draft slot, and the Jets and Jags have to be looking QB

they will be picking there

they aren't winning **** with Finley at the helm, hell they might be picking 2nd

This just makes me so sad.. get better Joe, see ya next year

4 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

they will be picking there

they aren't winning **** with Finley at the helm, hell they might be picking 2nd

This just makes me so sad.. get better Joe, see ya next year

Jaguars winning 2 games with 6 left? Good luck.

But as far as Sewell, should be a lock for CIN tbh. Team is definitely picking top 3-5.