Bengals QB Joe Burrow tears ACL, MCL and has other structural issues

RaidersAreOne

9 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

Well boys, we are now at #3 for the draft, with zero hope of winning with Finley.  Welcome to Cincy, Penei Sewell.

Yep, should get a stud player now. Finley is not going to win them a single game. 

Silver lining #2: this should end the Ryan Finley backup experiment as he throws for under 5 ypa and probably less than 4 tds. 

• Like 1

On to draft prep!  As much as I want to win every week, and hate tanking, losing Burrow means we can try some things. Really give a full evaluation to the lineman and give them time to learn, since the franchise isn't back there anymore.  This does basically mean AJ Green is gone,  as the only way we kept him was if the chemistry with Burrow was undeniable. 

Yeah, with our defense and QB, we're going to finish 2-13-1 in Taylor's second season. Mike Brown will give him a mulligan though so he'll be back for 2021. The Fighting Finleys have no chance, even vs the Giants and Cowboys. Welcome to Cincinnati Penei. We should still go for Thuney in free agency too. Then we can look for pass rushers. Reader, Tupou, and Wren will be back next season. Maybe we'll re-sign Daniels too so I'm not as worried about the run defense as the pass defense. Lawson is earning himself a good contract somewhere. WJ3, not as much.

Well, if we get ahead of the Jags in the draft, I would think we could trade back with them. They have a lot of assets this year and would not want to risk losing “their guy” with whoever else we considered trading back with. I expect the first 3 picks to be QBs this year. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Carson4MVP said:

Well, if we get ahead of the Jags in the draft, I would think we could trade back with them. They have a lot of assets this year and would not want to risk losing “their guy” with whoever else we considered trading back with. I expect the first 3 picks to be QBs this year. 

In a perfect world, yes.  But they also know that we would be taking Sewell, and wouldn't give up much to move up when we clearly aren't taking a QB.  We could only threaten to trade with another team who coveted Fields, but then we'd be risking getting Sewell