Mid Game Mock

KimuraGod

Was going to post this later but probably won’t stay up to watch much more now as I have a few things on tomorrow.....and @doumeyer keeps asking for mocks so who am I to let him down 😉

Okay so this year is a disaster. Not a lot to build off and with new coaches coming in there’s going to be a lot of turnover from a roster standpoint. This is my opinion on what I’d do as GM rather than what I think JD will do. 

Head Coach- We lure Jim Harbaugh in from Michigan. Big money but we have to pay up for a REAL head coach not some hotshot co-ordinator. Wanted him both times we were looking for a new HC after Rex. Half Sicilian too so you know he’s got swag. 

Resignings:

Marcus Maye- No brainier really. Good solid player and we have so much cash so would be silly not to bring him back. 

Brian Poole- Should of got a longer deal last offseason in truth. Good player and won’t command a lot of money. Again no brainier. 

Jeff Smith- I like the bits Iv seen from him. With a coach who can design plays for specific players I can see him being a big gain player we may see a few times a game. 

Neville Hewitt- One year deal and cheap. Will fight it out for a starting job with Peanut (see below) and Blake Cashman. 

Patrick Onwuasor- Same as above. However he does have history with CJ Mosley so he could start next to him from day one. 

Let walk: 

Jordan Jenkins

Breshaud Perriman

Bradley McDougald

Sam Ficken

Joe Flacco

Cuts:

Henry Anderson (saves $8.2m)

Alex Lewis (saves $5.4m)

Trades:

Chicago Bears trade their 2021 2nd round pick, 2022 conditional pick and running back Tarik Cohen for Sam Darnold. The Bears really need to sort out their qb problem. Their team is too good to draft high enough to get a top prospect so are able to trade for a 23 year old potential franchise qb. For us we get a okay pick this year but potentially a 1st-3rd next year dependant on Sam’s year with Chicago. We also get a dynamic playmaker in Cohen (who’s coming back from an ACL injury after missing all this year)

NY Jets send a 2021 third round pick and conditional 2022 (provided he resigns) for Marshon Lattimore. Guy is young and a shut down corner. NO is in cap hell and this is a move we have to be all over. A high third round pick this year and a conditional pick in 2022 should get the deal done. Much more lucrative than a potential 3rd round compensatory pick. Lattimore will be paid as one of top cbs so theres the draft outlay and also the money to consider. 

NY Jets send a conditional 2022 pick for Dante Fowler Jr. Again we use a teams cap hell against them. Fowler was a big priced free agent but hasn’t worked out great for whatever reason. We take a chance on him.  Deal will be a conditional sixth/seventh dependent on appearances etc. 

Free Agency- 

So we are going to be active but strategic and selective. Looking at that young core of free agents that we may need to pay a few million a year more to secure but much less chance of busting (see Desir, Trumaine, etc). First three signings will be for big money but all worth it in my opinion, the other signings will be very cheap deals. 

JuJu Smith-Schuster; We know we will be drafting a qb with the 1st overall pick therefore the need for a go to receiver like JuJu is so important. He can line up inside and out. Move him all over the field and give our qb a top target. 

Joe Thurney; Many believe he was our #1 target last year and would of been a Jet if not tagged last minute by NE. I see no reason why we won’t go for him again. With the cutting of Lewis he can fill that LG spot next to Becton and give us a monster left side on the line. 

Kevin King; Huge outside cornerback who has battled some injuries so far this year. Green Bay have some really good corners and won’t pay big money after splashing so much cash on their pass rushers a year or two ago. Can start opposite Lattimore to give us a great young cornerback duo for the next five years. 

Ndamukong Suh; Always loved him as a player. Clearly not the game changer that he was in his prime but can still rush the QB and give us some nastiness on the line. Great talent, tough personality and just what we need on a defense lacking some balls. 

John Ross; One year deal for a player with so much untapped potential. Hoping we strike lightning in a bottle but I’d rather have one to many receiver than the utter ****e we’ve had when our starters go down.  

Ryan Fitzmagic; You bet your *** I’m going there. Couldn’t think of a better mentor and great personality/character than Fitz. Knows NY and can help our new future franchise saviour.   

Matt Prater; Still got the big leg and always been a kicker that Iv liked. Really not a fan of Ficken just don’t trust him whatsoever so I’d rather a quality veteran like Prater. 

2021 NFL Draft:

Going into the draft we own; 

1st, 1st (via Seattle)

2nd, 2nd (via Chicago)

3rd (via Seattle)

4th

5th, 5th (via New York)

7th (via Seattle) 

1. Trevor Lawerence, Qb, Clemson. Best qb prospect since Andrew Luck. 6’6 220lbs, looks like a pure pocket passer with his size but then has great athletic ability also. Just a perfect opportunity to turn this franchise into a team that is challenging for the playoffs within a year or two. He’s that good. Partner him with Jim Harbaugh and I’m very excited at what results we’d get. 

1.(via Seattle) DeVonta Smith, Wr, Alabama. Has all the hallmarks as a quality receiver that 

may not be as flashy as others but a constant target who gets open (most importantly on 3rd down/big plays). Hands, route running and speed he really has it all. The knock on him is his slight build but having JuJu, Mims and Crowder he doesn’t need to be the focus of the offense and instead can build his way into the league slowly. 

2. Pat Friermuth, Te, Penn State. Another target for our new rookie qb. We need to get some bigger targets especially in the red zone and we bring in an all round tight end who will be an every down tight end for us. Can mix him in with Herndon (in the hopes he improves) and at 6’5 255lbs has been labled the next Gronk

2.(via Chicago) Patrick Jones II, Edge, Pittsburgh. First defensive player selected but a player with tremendous upside. Currently ranked outside the top five Edge defenders but I suspect that will change. This dude gets sacks. Period. 8.5 last year and already 8 in 8 this year. Good motor from what Iv seen too hustling to the ball which I like. Maybe can replicate another certain Pitt defender we selecting quite a few years ago!

Trade; 3rd(via Seattle), 5th (via New York Giants) for 3rd Cincinnati. 

3.(via Cincy) Chuba Hubbard, Rb, Oklahoma State. Maybe my favourite player in the draft. Love the height/weight/speed the guy has but he also has the numbers to back it up. Over 2k rushing yards last year with 21 touchdowns. Gives us more playmakers and guys who can hit the jackpot with one play. Not these lame *** 25 play drives that results in a missed field goal 🙄

4. Cade Mays, Og, Tennessee.  Last offensive player taken this year. Gives us a huge inside presence who’s played RT but transfers over as a guard at the next level. Has serious upside but could maybe do with a year getting to grips with the league so he can serve as an understudy for now. Between Mays and Clarke we keep drafting guards and hope with coaching and some experience we can hit gold. 

5. Dayo Odeyingbo, De, Vanderbilt. With the trade of McLendon and release of Anderson we need some big bodies up front. Days will be added to a decent young core headlined by Q-Will. Massive size at 6’6 280lbs. 

7.(via Seattle) Patrice Rene, Cb, North Carolina. I always like taking chances on cornerbacks with height and show signs of solid man coverage. In Renes case he’s been injured but worth a shot this late in the draft. 

Final Depth Chart;

Qb: Lawrence, Fitzpatrick, Morgan

Rb: Hubbard, Perine, Cohen (3rd down back)

Wr: JuJu, Mims, Smith, Ross, Smith,

Slot: Crowder

Te: Friermuth, Herndon, Griffin

Lt: Becton, Edoga

Lg: Thurney, Clark

😄 McGovern, Elfien

Rg: Van Roten, Mays

Rt: Fant, McDermott.

De: Williams, Franklin-Meyers

Nt: Fatukasi, Shephard

De: Suh, Odeyingbo

Olb: Fowler, Zuniga

Mlb: Mosley, Cashman, Peanut, Hewitt

Olb: Jones II, Basham, Huff

Cb: Lattimore, Hall, Rene

Slot: Poole

Cb:  King, Austin, Jackson

Fs: Davis, Farley

Ss: Maye, Jackson

K: Prater

P: Mann

Kr: Ross, Cohen

Pr: Cohen

Still several holes going into the season. Would love Elfien to make the centre job his own so we can **** McGovern off next year. Right Guard position also up for grabs. 

Defensively I’d still love a top edge rusher but maybe that can be saved for 2022. 

Obviously it’s just abit of fun but it’s the direction I’d like us to go in. Yes Iv looked at quality and player strengths but a big thing Iv looked for is character and personality. I think NY is a city which needs that fire as weaker personality types don’t tend to do well for us. Our new HC & QB have that swag about them as do other signings like Suh, Lattimore, Fitz and JuJu. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Smith isn’t lasting until the SEA pick. And the FA window and trades seem about as optimistic as it gets. While I love it. Just seems incredible unrealistic

You NEVER now. Ruggs, Jeudy, Lamb all fell last year. Heck Justin Jefferson went 22 so I think there is a great chance that a great WR will be there by the Seattle pick. 

7 hours ago, ekill08x said:

I would be happy with this except we should keep Periman and not Jeff Smith otherwise I would be very very pleased. Still think the OL could use a little more work but its hard to believe that this team wouldnt at least be very competitive. 

To be honest I think it comes down to dollars. For the price of Perriman we can probably get John Ross and Jeff Smith. Pure Trent wise I’d keep Perriman too. 

Yeah O-line would be a focus the following offseason as would another top pass rusher. 

That’s what we need...competitiveness. No characters in the team currently imo

7 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

I don't like that Darnold trade at all gross. Also I think we do sign Jim H. We have wanted him for years and now he knows this is his last chance to be a HC in the NFL because of his poor college record and his attitude towards upper office guys. 

Don’t you think we get back enough? I get it...it’s a hard pill to swallow but that’s why I’d love (in real life) a pick in 2021 but a conditional pick in 2022 as Darnold will flourish in a better system. 

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Smith isn’t lasting until the SEA pick. And the FA window and trades seem about as optimistic as it gets. While I love it. Just seems incredible unrealistic

Meh I don’t see how you can say that 6 months out to the draft. You were one of the big voices to get DK #3 overall a few years back and he went late 2nd round. Many good receivers this year and I went off most mock drafts. 

As for the trades I don’t think we would ask both of the accusation trades. But that’s what I’d do. I’d leave no stone unturned to create a wining product. We’ve been garbage for so long that we need to make moves. Like the trade for Cro/Holmes all those years ago. 

3 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

You NEVER now. Ruggs, Jeudy, Lamb all fell last year. Heck Justin Jefferson went 22 so I think there is a great chance that a great WR will be there by the Seattle pick. 

Me too. If not Smith another top wideout. Just look at this year when they all fell!! 
Also Seattle’s defense is their weak link and I’m hopeful come playoff time and games get tighter that they will bounce out and we get a pick early/mid 20’s not a late late pick 🤞🏻

48 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Meh I don’t see how you can say that 6 months out to the draft. You were one of the big voices to get DK #3 overall a few years back and he went late 2nd round. Many good receivers this year and I went off most mock drafts. 

As for the trades I don’t think we would ask both of the accusation trades. But that’s what I’d do. I’d leave no stone unturned to create a wining product. We’ve been garbage for so long that we need to make moves. Like the trade for Cro/Holmes all those years ago. 

Chase is the only WR better than Smith in this draft. I don’t see the 2nd best WR lasting until 33rd or 34th pick.

On 11/23/2020 at 4:14 AM, xenajets said:

I have us drafting Smith with our other 1st round pick not our 2nd round pick. And Chase, Waddle/Bateman are all rated higher according to some of the mock sites I look at. 

It doesn't matter what others think.   Anything can happen to certain prospects. If Smith fell onto our Seahawks pick then we were lucky enough to have him like Cowboys with Lamb.   That is an excitement.