Mennenga sucks. Fire Mennenga

MuFF

• 2 weeks later...

This JK Scott hate has gotten a bit out of hand.  Today's punt returned for a TD didn't seem particularly bad.  The one a few weeks ago was a bomb but not enough hang time for sure.  The game that he had a much-maligned game, he was still netting a not terrible 40+ yards.   We are going for it on fourth around midfield, so he hasn't had too many opportunities, but when he has, his inside-the-ten punts have looked great this year.  He is a + holder.  He's a decent punter.

You guys act likes he's shanking 20 yarders every other punt.

He can't tackle, that's for sure, but I'd rather have my punter not tackling, generally speaking.

• Like 2

On 11/26/2020 at 9:52 AM, jleisher said:

What proof is there that LeFleur didn't hire is own staff?  I agree he should go, but I haven't heard or read anything that backs your claim.

We had Rizzi in the building and let him walk out without a contract right on down to New Orleans.  They’ve been ranked highly since then. 

Supposedly had a good interview with LaFleur and the speculation is front office didn’t want to pay a premium for a ST coach. This is not proof one way or another but we did have the guy considers to be the top candidate in and we let him go.

The FG unit has been clutch, but that is a veteran  kicker there. All other phases, we have not gotten the young guys up to task and playoff teams are eying that as an Achilles heel.   That falls on coaching and we need it corrected this season at least to not be a liability. 

8 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I wonder if Reagor muffing that punt screwed up our coverage on that TD return yesterday?

I'll have to see it again but I dont think is should of in so much as it didnt skip any distance away to the sides. I seem to recall it pretty much bouncing forward - so, the GBP players shouldnt/wouldnt have gotten out of their lane assignments. I'll have to see it again but it seemed he got past a couple folks in the front of the pack and it was Katy-bar-the-door. He was on JK in a matter of seconds. 

9 hours ago, Refugee said:

We had Rizzi in the building and let him walk out without a contract right on down to New Orleans.  They’ve been ranked highly since then. 

Supposedly had a good interview with LaFleur and the speculation is front office didn’t want to pay a premium for a ST coach. This is not proof one way or another but we did have the guy considers to be the top candidate in and we let him go.

The FG unit has been clutch, but that is a veteran  kicker there. All other phases, we have not gotten the young guys up to task and playoff teams are eying that as an Achilles heel.   That falls on coaching and we need it corrected this season at least to not be a liability. 

That whole thing with Rizzi seemed to be a bit of a fiasco.  Hopefully LaFleur has enough juice now to go pound the table for a top special teams coach if there is someone he really wants.  The Packers have been bad on special teams for far too long.   

54 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

This is good right? 

It’s definitely being noted as one way to beat a very good Packers team and all playoff teams are taking notes. Ind basically beat us on ST, seeing we had a weakness and kicking short every time. Other teams have been following suit.

Besides the turnovers we’ve had terrible starting field position over the past 3 games in particular.  12 is amazing but he’s having to go 90yds (99! yesterday) to do his job.  Unacceptable and if we can’t become good, we have to at least not be a liability this season.

Offseason we need an overhaul. 

I've said this before and I'm sure it's just me being naive but I too often wonder why it seems like it's so hard to be a ST coach?

It has to be a lot of the bodies you have and then the attitude you can get them to play with right? Is there that damn much nuance to it that I just don't understand?