Mennenga sucks. Fire Mennenga

Fire the ST coach now.  Only the kick team is performing.  The returns are getting worse.  Guess I feel a lot of it is effort.  Watching ESB stand there and not do a thing as the returner screams by him was damning to me.  The coach has to at least get effort out of those guys.

Hoping MLF starts taking over more specials coaching coming up.

And I'd like to see MLF's foot up Pettine's keister for the rest of the season.

• Like 1

According to PFF we are:

1st in offense

1st in passing

2nd in pass block

18th in recieving

4th in running

3rd in run block

15th in defense

17th in run defense

24th in tackling

18th in pass rush

11th in coverage

30TH IN SPECIAL TEAMS

I want Pettine gone as much as anyone, but the biggest problem is the other baldie. Get rid of that ****.

4 hours ago, VonKarman said:

According to PFF we are:

1st in offense

1st in passing

2nd in pass block

18th in recieving

4th in running

3rd in run block

15th in defense

17th in run defense

24th in tackling

18th in pass rush

11th in coverage

30TH IN SPECIAL TEAMS

I want Pettine gone as much as anyone, but the biggest problem is the other baldie. Get rid of that ****.

I'm indifferent about Pettine.  I personally think he's better than Capers at the end.  But I wholeheartedly concur that the first coordinator to go should be the ST guy.  Still better than some we've had in the last 20 years, but still terrible.

On 12/21/2020 at 10:09 AM, Arthur Penske said:

GB was rumored to be interested in Brayden Combs previously. Det fired him today 

This sure doesn't sound great.  Would obviously want a little better picture of what was going on in DET.

Detroit Lions interim head coach Darrell Bevell said the decision to fire Brayden Coombs on Monday was an "agonizing" one, but after the first-year special teams coordinator went rogue with a fake punt call in the fourth quarter against the Tennessee Titans, it was something he felt needed to be done for the sake of the team.
Team and league officials who spoke on condition of anonymity said Coombs' dismissal was mostly about his lack of culture fit within the organization. Some considered him a self-promoter, he was late for meetings on more than one occasion in recent weeks, and Sunday's insubordination was the proverbial final straw.

Detroit Lions fire Brayden Coombs after rogue fake punt

3 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Yall see how jacked Scott was when he got the tackle on the blocked FG? He was letting that thang swaang.

He's really come on as of recent. IIRC, he showed up late in the game in some sub packaged.

On 12/26/2020 at 6:11 PM, VonKarman said:

How about a 2-for-1?

4 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

Im legitimately concerned this unit is going to lose us another playoff game ala Seattle 2014. There’s no circumstance where they come on the field at this point where I’m not thinking worst case scenario. 

I don't think they're that bad but they're certainly in the right area code. The fact that we have a revolving door on punt coverage should be alarming, but the good news is that nobody has tried a fake FG on us....yet. Still, I don't see where we would be inept in that phase of the game. Our issue is effort and tackling. We've got guys who probably don't want to be on ST *cough ESB cough*, but we seem to be plugging in guys who barely make it to the active roster just so they have a role - or so it looks.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

LOL I meant JK, our teenager became a man.

That is true, even if he just threw his Jonah Ryan-esque body towards another player.

It reminded me of this one kid who was 6-2, skinny as a rail, but was taller than all the other kids in the mosh pit at a local band concert back in '98. He was pushing downwards on everyone else like he was trying to keep middle schoolers underwater in the shallow end of a pool. Kinda had to be there, but boy was that funny as hell - everyone made fun of him for it....just like people should make fun of JK Scott's attempt at tackling someone last night...