Week 11 Post game: IT'S ALL BECAUSE WE DON'T HAVE TYLER ERVIN I SWEAR

Norm

21 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

It's a 3 step and throw. You want that ball going to Adams, it's the last play of the game. Had we not been on a time crunch Rodgers still probably has time to scan back and hit Tonyan. I still think Adams wins a 50/50 ball for the walk-off if Rodgers gives him a chance.

Maybe? But is that what you want to run there? Locking yourself into one low percentage throw is highly questionable playcalling

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

It's a 3 step and throw. You want that ball going to Adams, it's the last play of the game. Had we not been on a time crunch Rodgers still probably has time to scan back and hit Tonyan. I still think Adams wins a 50/50 ball for the walk-off if Rodgers gives him a chance.

If I remember the time at the end there, I think they would have given themselves more time had they snapped it faster coming out of the Tonyan pass on 2nd down. I also think it's odd that they didn't give themselves some more time in the event they false started. 

They still had about 7 seconds left on fourth down when all was said and done. 

Edited by Striker

I'm gonna vent.  Apologies in advance.

I despise Pettine, and whomever our Specials coach is.  Shepherd doesn't belong in the NFL at all, let alone getting snaps on offense and return man duties.

We give next to zero effort blocking on kick off returns.  I watch the guys, not the ball.  Our effort out there is pathetic.  And that's on the coaching.

Coverage teams?  At least we sprint.  We don't have a lot of lane integrity, but at least we run fast and try to swarm the ball.

Pettine?  He's laughable.  He gave Rivers the easiest throws on the planet.  8-10 yard in breaking routes.  Rarely had a linebacker under those.  Safeties were usually over the top.  It was just sad to watch.   Over and over and over again.

Our offense?  Running game is more or less done.  We don't hand it off enough for the line to get into a rhythm.  We use Jones like he's expected to break after 10 rushing attempts.  Third and short is a shotgun dive, or a bootleg.  It's sad how unphysical we are.

MLF has gotten off to a fine record/start.  We don't play well on long road trips, our effort after our bye this year was pathetic.  After our mini bye wasn't much better and halftime of the Colts game might as well been another bye.

In my eyes, we are Aaron Rodgers away from having a top 10 draft pick.  Dude is literally that important.

And that is it.  Again, apologies for the rant.  But I feel better now.

17 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Genuine question, but at what point is it acceptable for a player to say something about their coach?  Not publicly or anything, but...

Damarious Randall spoke up and y’all persecuted him for it even though we fired our coordinator like the next year and our head coach the year after.

There’s a point where someone’s gonna have to speak up.

Some of you are blaming the offense.  I’m not.  Literally at all.  They scored 31 points against a defense giving up 19 points a game.  Anyone blaming the offense needs to stow it quite frankly.

You score 31 points and you win probably 98% of games in the league’s history.

17 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Instead you got Christian Kirksey out here spewing verbal diarrhea about how he "loves this defense" and "we bend, we don't break" lol. His Pettine's little pet, I guess.

I'm sitting there on the couch, seething in the second half.  Every big third down play, or fourth down play I'm praying that Alexander says "Enough of this bs., here is what we are gonna run."  Someone needs to stand up on defense.

16 hours ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Run Williams up the gut play might work too 🥴 or when Dillon gets back. Ugh I just wish we could dominate those third and shorts like that. Get a great push up the middle.. It would feel oh so nice.

It would help if we actually handed the ball off enough for that o-line to wear down a defense.  It's sad how little we run now.

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

It's sad how little we run now.

If only every down was second and ten, we would lead the league.

How come college coaches have seemingly figured out how stupid it is to run a lot after a first down incomplete pass, I know college isn't the NFL but still. 

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Maybe? But is that what you want to run there? Locking yourself into one low percentage throw is highly questionable playcalling

Well you need to guarantee an end zone play or you lose. Is a jump ball to Adams (recall in your head him jumping 50" last week on a bum ankle) really a low percentage play? Rodgers just missed.

2 hours ago, Striker said:

If I remember the time at the end there, I think they would have given themselves more time had they snapped it faster coming out of the Tonyan pass on 2nd down. I also think it's odd that they didn't give themselves some more time in the event they false started. 

They still had about 7 seconds left on fourth down when all was said and done. 

That's what happens when your HC and QB don't trust their defense. That action was worth 1000 words. Aaron and MLF wanted 1 shot to win it where the D couldn't screw it up. 

5 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Man I know you have to watch what you say as a coach, but this answer is about as lame as it gets, lol. 

Welcome to press conferences, this answer could have been from Mac, LaFleur or the next HC. 

Continuity in that locker room is more important than him sharing his honest thoughts with you, the fan.

• Like 1