Week 11 Post game: IT'S ALL BECAUSE WE DON'T HAVE TYLER ERVIN I SWEAR

Norm

10 minutes ago, Leader said:

This team better not **** the bed against the Bears.

No more bad bounces, passes clanging off WRs hands, inopportune fumbles/INTs (or worst case scenario....) inability to get the Bears offense off the field.

They'd better bring it. Time's past for this team to start hitting on all its cylinders. ENOUGH with these uneven and/or unexplainable efforts - ESPECIALLY against inferior teams.  Just say'in.

Agree wholeheartedly Leader.  I just don’t have faith that change will happen until there’s a philosophy and/or scheme change in certain areas.  Some of the problems are discipline and fundamentals, which, with the right coaching, can be cleaned up.  I just don’t see our current coaching staff being able to adapt in the face of adversity like I once thought.

I’ll concede this - our guys had great energy early in today’s game, and if sustained, would’ve been enough to leave Indy with a W.  That energy was short lived today, and our coaches failed to reverse the drop in energy and discipline.

Until we see better coaching and schemes in certain areas, I have waning faith in a “light-switch” going off and everything being suddenly great again.  Just my humble opinion.

12 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

If he was hurt today (not that today was a stand-alone performance for him alone regardless) he shouldn’t have been playing. It’s been far too much of this stretching back beyond this season. 

I guess not traveling with the team was not injury related but this kid needs to grow up fast.  5/6 next games in the elements and he has not shown to get stronger as the season wears on. The guy Sea took just before us is crushing it. 

22 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

Shepherd can’t have a job tomorrow

He will. 
1. Because Ervin's hurt to some degree now - and
2. Ervins taking on a greater role in the offense. 

Somebody needs to balance out his Ervins workload and be around / available when he's hurt.
Drop Sheppard....who we got backing up to do the return work?

1 minute ago, Leader said:

He will. 

Somebody needs to balance out his Ervins workload and be around / available when he's hurt.

literally anybody off the street could replace Shepherd on returns

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leader said:

He will. 

A cardboard box would be a good start.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

literally anybody off the street could replace Shepherd on returns

Well listen....I dont like being down on a player or ragging on them. I like to think that with coaching and work players can get better over time. I'm just being honest that he scares the **** out of me. Is there somebody on the street that could do his job (and reduce my anxiety levels?) - I dont know. All I know is who's currently on the roster.

I’ll take absolutely any no namer off the street who can field a kick and get our offense out there at the 25 or (asking for a lot here) better. I’m tired of these try hard types with no physical skill set getting opportunities to screw us in crucial situations. 

Edited by Rodjahs12

Indy was purposely kicking short of the end zone because they know Shepherd isn’t any real threat, he gets tackled inside the 15 with alarming frequency and those splash plays where he coughs the ball up are always on the table. That isn’t a returner you hold onto if there’s anyone else capable of doing his job. 

• Like 4

Zach Kruse -   MVS was a lead blocker on one TD, set up another TD with a 51-yard pass interference penalty and sparked the game-tying drive with a 47-yard catch on third down. The fumble was an unfortunate play at an awful time.

There is a wide receiver that fans should be upset with, and it isn't MVS.

////

You think he's referring to #82?

6 hours ago, Leader said:

Zach Kruse -   MVS was a lead blocker on one TD, set up another TD with a 51-yard pass interference penalty and sparked the game-tying drive with a 47-yard catch on third down. The fumble was an unfortunate play at an awful time.

There is a wide receiver that fans should be upset with, and it isn't MVS.

////

You think he's referring to #82?

Think so. Maybe Lazard for his poor blocking on the MVS fumble. 

7 hours ago, Leader said:

No more bad bounces, passes clanging off WRs hands, inopportune fumbles/INTs (or worst case scenario....) inability to get the Bears offense off the field.

They'd better bring it. Time's past for this team to start hitting on all its cylinders. ENOUGH with these uneven and/or unexplainable efforts - ESPECIALLY against inferior teams.  Just say'in.

Nothing is going to change because the problems on this team aren't fixable by cutting a Shepherd, which we won't do anyways. It starts with a below-average GM who did nothing to help his team this past off-season and has once again failed in-season to do his job. Then you have the issue of sticking with a DC who everyone knew had to go but that's not the Packer way to fire a guy so early in his tenure so we're stuck with Pettine, and we decided to close our eyes and pretend something different will happen. Finally, you have a ST coordinator who isnt qualified to be in the NFL, but he's our guy because he was a dollar store pickup. MLF wanted Rizzi, one of the best, and Murphy shot it down because it cost too much. Again, very much the Packer way of doing things. 

Imagine where this team might be right now if they simply would have made the off-season change at DC and gotten a few competent moves from their GM...

I have a feeling a high school team could get the Bears' offense off the field.   Yes, our D wasn't great but they did a decent job of stopping the run yesterday and getting a turnover.  Unfortunately we also turned it over.  Turnovers are what was the difference yesterday.  We don't do that and we win against the top defense in the league in their house.

He will. 

Good lord, there has to be someone other than Sheppard on this roster who can perform better than this clown.

7 hours ago, Rodjahs12 said:

I’ll take absolutely any no namer off the street who can field a kick and get our offense out there at the 25 or (asking for a lot here) better. I’m tired of these try hard types with no physical skill set getting opportunities to screw us in crucial situations. 

Indy was smart to not having their kickers kick it into the end zone.  By forcing us to field it we almost every time started inside our own 20.