The possibility exists, prepare for it

Here's the truth of the matter T Law may very well return to play another year, which would leave the Jets with the only other choice which would be Fields.

But if its not  T Law, there are other QB's which will go in the top 10. This leaves the Jets in a quandary, especially if they believe in Darnold.

Presume for a second that the Jets lose out on T Law, and they believe Darnold is the man.

They are positioned to pick up some major draft capital in 2020 and beyond, because Fields is next up,  and the Jets if they feel otherwise could still pick up a QB who is ascending in the draft.

Consider if you will what could be, if your really hyped about seeing the Jets make the playoffs and stop being a laughing stock, this is a great scenario.

The Jets still need to solidify the OL including the C position, a solid RB, 2 game changing WR's, not to mention CB's and perhaps a S.

I know, I know we could fill many of those holes in FA, but FA never works unless it is a key guy, a singular key guy, who can be a difference maker.

FA has shown, that otherwise, you build though the draft.

The possibility exists, and you should prepare for it.

But what say you, take Fields? Pass on Fields? Trade the pick, get some more draft capitol?

Heck the Jets if they don't draft well this year, make the right player personal moves, could be vying for the number one pick next year as well.

Just now, Big T said:

Here's the truth of the matter T Law may very well return to play another year, which would leave the Jets with the only other choice which would be Fields.

But if its not  T Law, there are other QB's which will go in the top 10. This leaves the Jets in a quandary, especially if they believe in Darnold.

Presume for a second that the Jets lose out on T Law, and they believe Darnold is the man.

They are positioned to pick up some major draft capital in 2020 and beyond, because Fields is next up,  and the Jets if they feel otherwise could still pick up a QB who is ascending in the draft.

Consider if you will what could be, if your really hyped about seeing the Jets make the playoffs and stop being a laughing stock, this is a great scenario.

The Jets still need to solidify the OL including the C position, a solid RB, 2 game changing WR's, not to mention CB's and perhaps a S.

I know, I know we could fill many of those holes in FA, but FA never works unless it is a key guy, a singular key guy, who can be a difference maker.

But what say you, take Fields? Pass on Fields? Trade the pick, get some more draft capitol?

Heck the Jets if they don't draft well this year, make the right player personal moves, could be vying for the number one pick next year as well.

Trevor Lawerance, will graduated next month with a degree in marking in 3/12 years. Why would he want to go back to Clemson????

I've always said the best thing that could happen is us lose out, but Sam proves he's not the problem. Then we could trade the picks and be set for years. 

I'm not worried about Lawrence going back to school, I'm worried about him pulling a Eli. Since we've started to look a bit more competitive and showing signs of life, I'm not as worried about it as I once was. 

Sam would really have to light it up to save his job. He literally has to be the reason we're not in position to draft Fields or Lawrence. If he can do that against this remaining schedule with Loggains calling plays, I wouldn't be mad at all. The risk is if he earn his spot and flops during his contract year next season. I like Fields just as much as I like Lawrence, so it would suck if we missed out on a great QB for someone we're not going to resign. 

If we win a game, I'm still picking Fields. Darnold would have to lose shootouts in order for me to be fine with passing up Fields. 

• Like 1

I will play the game even though I think there is about as much of a chance the Jets finishing the season 6-0 as it is for Lawerence to go back to Clemson.

The answer is easy.  If Lawerence does not come out and we feel Sam is better thans Fields et al - we trade back back but stay high enouhg to take Sewell. Dream scenerio would be with the Jags as we would still be top 5 at worst.  Not going to speculate on that trade but I would imagine it would include a 2nd in 2020 learing us with 4 picks in the top 35 or so .... grabbing Sewell (we will have book end OT for 12 years) then prioritize WR, EDGE, CB and OG/C if we don't sign Thuney and/or Sheriff.  

Edited by JetsFan15
  • Like 1

My dream scenario is using th e#1 pick to trade out for a haul, so while it would bum me out that we wouldn't be able to trade the rights to Lawrence, since that would net more in a trade,  trading the rights to Fields would be awesome. Landing Sewell or Jamar Chase plus getting additional draft capital this year and next would be huge for building a sustainable competitive team. 

1 minute ago, drew39k said:

My dream scenario is using th e#1 pick to trade out for a haul, so while it would bum me out that we wouldn't be able to trade the rights to Lawrence, since that would net more in a trade,  trading the rights to Fields would be awesome. Landing Sewell or Jamar Chase plus getting additional draft capital this year and next would be huge for building a sustainable competitive team. 

Whose playing QB?

3 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Whose playing QB?

Whoever wins in a camp competition between Darnold and a Vet like Andy Dalton, Jameis Winston, Tyrod Taylor, Jacoby Brissett or Phillip Rivers. Sign one of them to compete with Darnold, best man wins. Either way, it lets our new HC come in and build an offense. Lets him get all the WRs TEs RBs and OL on the same page before trying to make a rookie run the show. By doing this, if Darnold does lose the job, in the next draft we can pick a high ceiling QB that can come in and sit behind the vet for a year(which actually gives the offense 2 seasons to fully gel before the rookie plays). This lets the rookie learn off the field and then when he comes in, the offensive pieces will be able to help him, because they will know the right routes and blocking designs. They will be able to understand what the offense is trying to do and be able to help the QB learn to read the defenses by keying on plays and making adjustments instead of hoping a rookie qb is going to be able to do all that on the fly with no help from the core around him.

3 hours ago, Big T said:

100% false and click bait!!!!!!

The sport talk shows are off the T Law staying in school. Now they are talking about T Law not even playing another down for Clemson and going right to the draft. They are saying way take the risk of getting hurt. 

100% chance T Law will be the #1 pick

100% chance it will be the Jags or Jets

80% chance it will be the Jets 

20% chance it will be the Jets.

If the Jags win 1 more game it will be 95% chance Jets get T Law. 

Please stop with the T Law going back to Clemson that is old news. 

Fields is a better prospect than Darnold. Fields throws a great deep ball. Darnold struggles throwing deep. The rest of their games is probably comparable. Fields probably takes care of the ball better. If theirs a gap between Fields and Lawrence, it’s not much of a gap. 

4 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Fields is a better prospect than Darnold. Fields throws a great deep ball. Darnold struggles throwing deep. The rest of their games is probably comparable. Fields probably takes care of the ball better. If theirs a gap between Fields and Lawrence, it’s not much of a gap. 

I strongly disagree. I think the gap is pretty wide. T Law wins big games and has done it for YEARS. Fields has better WR, OL and does not shine in big games. T Law throws a lot better deep ball and has a lot faster release on it. Then you add the size to it where T Law will have very few to 0 passes batted down where Fields will have some batted down. I honesty don't see 1 area where Fields is better than T Law or even equal to him. Having this in mind it is not even close. The media wants it to be close to get some drama like the Leaf and Manning thing. The really football people knew Manning was the easy choice just like the really football people know T Law is the choice and it is not close at all. T Law is probably a better prospect than Luck and is pushing for Elway as the best QB prospect EVER to come out of the draft. 

I'm tired of hearing this garbage of "Oh the Jets suck so he may stay in colllege". EVERY EVERY TEAM THAT GETS THE 1ST PICK SUCKS!!!  THat is why they get the 1st pick because they are the worst team!! No good team gets the 1st pick.

Now if you actually look at things deeper than the Jets suck, which is true. There is a possibility to actually build quickly here. We have massive cap space, looks like a good crop of rookies, and multiple draft picks. If we land the 1st overall pick, that would position us to add pretty good talent in the draft. 

If we hire the right HC, this team can head in the right direction quickly. Plus we added a top tier LT to protect our QBs blind side. Lawrence could come here on a team that could possibly be on the rise, it depends on who our HC hire is. But the potential is there. 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Some if you need to stop watching and listening to the media for click bait. TLaw and Fields will both be eneterung in the draft and will play for the team that drafts them

I have been trying to tell the people on this board the same thing for a month. These clowns on ESPN are no more than talking  heads their job is to stir up controversy. Same thing goes for all the newspaper clowns.