The possibility exists, prepare for it

Big T

What would it take for you guys to trade #1?  Would a "Herschelesque" type of deal from the Vikings do it?  How about the following:

Jets get:

2021 - 1st Round Pick

2022 - 1st Round Pick
DE - Danielle Hunter (assuming his health checks out) one of the best edge rushers in the league
QB - Kirk Cousins
LB - Anthony Barr
TE - Kyle Rudolph

Edited by Uncle Buck

7 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

What would it take for you guys to trade #1?  Would a "Herschelesque" type of deal from the Vikings do it?  How about the following:

Jets get:

2021 - 1st Round Pick

2022 - 1st Round Pick
DE - Danielle Hunter (assuming his health checks out) one of the best edge rushers in the league
QB - Kirk Cousins
LB - Anthony Barr

TE - Kyle Rudolph

They had their chance. You're stuck with them now.

29 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Jets get:

2021 - 1st Round Pick

2022 - 1st Round Pick
QB - Kirk Cousins
LB - Anthony Barr
TE - Kyle Rudolph

Nah. Don’t want/need Kirk. Rudolph is older now. Barr had his chance and already made the decision to stay in Minny. Hunter would be great but like you mentioned he’s not healthy. 
So in reality we would trade #1 for a mid round pick this year and maybe even later in 2022. A top edge rusher no doubt. And then a few other expensive players that don’t really want to be here. Hard pass from me.

In my opinion I don’t think we will get the 1st overall pick but if we do then it’s Lawrence and that’s it.

1 minute ago, xenajets said:

Nah. Don’t want/need Kirk. Rudolph is older now. Barr had his chance and already made the decision to stay in Minny. Hunter would be great but like you mentioned he’s not healthy. 
So in reality we would trade #1 for a mid round pick this year and maybe even later in 2022. A top edge rusher no doubt. And then a few other expensive players that don’t really want to be here. Hard pass from me.

In my opinion I don’t think we will get the 1st overall pick but if we do then it’s Lawrence and that’s it.

Fair enough.  I just thought I'd see where some of the Jets fans were on the whole thing since you already have Darnold too.  Good luck in whatever happens.

41 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Jets get:

2021 - 1st Round Pick

2022 - 1st Round Pick
QB - Kirk Cousins
LB - Anthony Barr
TE - Kyle Rudolph

I think we just can’t take quantity over quality. We lack quality big time. And TLaw can change that. Now we could listen perhaps to the 2nd pick for Fields. JD might not see him as a can’t miss guy

6 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I think we just can’t take quantity over quality. We lack quality big time. And TLaw can change that. Now we could listen perhaps to the 2nd pick for Fields. JD might not see him as a can’t miss guy

I wouldn't be interested in Fields.  He might end up being great in the NFL, but if the Vikings are going to give up a big haul, it should be for the most "can't miss" prospect out there.  I'm not the GM anyway, so what do I know though?

2 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Jets get:

2021 - 1st Round Pick

2022 - 1st Round Pick
QB - Kirk Cousins
LB - Anthony Barr
TE - Kyle Rudolph

Sub Jefferson, Cleveland, Dantzler in for the guys you mentioned and you gave a deal perhaps 😉 

14 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Fair enough.  I just thought I'd see where some of the Jets fans were on the whole thing since you already have Darnold too.  Good luck in whatever happens.

I think it’s one of the rare occasions where the Jets would actually have a good chance of coming out on top on a deal that’s why I know we won’t get the #1 pick lol. 

My cousin is a massive Vikings fan so they are my NFC team I always want to do well so best of luck too bro 👊🏼

• Like 1