Always got the impression that Francesa Suspected that refs help Rodgers a little

HOF19

2 hours ago, RabidPanther89 said:

When the NFL wants a certain outcome they don’t fix the games, they nudge them and try to let the players do the rest. That’s how they get away with it.

I don't think the league nudge them, but after watching this game for 30 years, I am convinced that refs are betting on games and protecting the spreads in their favor.  Refs are the only ones not making millions themselves.  There arew other subtle ways networks can play along, like losing certain angles for replay until after the next play.  Happened to us a few times that I recall.

On 11/22/2020 at 9:25 PM, WheatieMan said:

They want Rogers vs Mahomes. Fits right in with the sponsorship and the visibility. Packers going to NO in January will not be a lock. You can also set up a 2010 SB rematch. Regardless, Rogers/GB will do the biggest rating (aside from Kyler Murray versus Moholmes potentially).

State Farm definitely wants that

• Like 1

1 hour ago, INbengalfan said:

I don't think the league nudge them, but after watching this game for 30 years, I am convinced that refs are betting on games and protecting the spreads in their favor.  Refs are the only ones not making millions themselves.  There arew other subtle ways networks can play along, like losing certain angles for replay until after the next play.  Happened to us a few times that I recall.

I think they do nudge them when the NFL wants to keep a narrative or promote/protect certain teams and players. Its more subtle than people think but its just as bad as out right bias in officiating. The fact that refs will often call "make up" penalties for an egregious call on the previous play is all the evidence you need to see that the officials are perfectly capable of influencing the game.

Some of those holding calls probably should have been let go, but if the refs wanted the Packers to win they went about it in a pretty stupid way.  On the drive before with Green Bay down 3 they didn't call this a facemask which would have tacked on 15 yards. 

Then they call a hold on Lewis that derailed the drive.  I can't find an image for it, and I may be biased, but I recall it being much softer than any of the calls on the Colts the following drive.  

Edit:  I will mention that Patrick has a nice hold going on Doyle (I think that's who it is) in this play.....which was not called.  

Edited by KFP7

37 minutes ago, RabidPanther89 said:

I think they do nudge them when the NFL wants to keep a narrative or promote/protect certain teams and players. Its more subtle than people think but its just as bad as out right bias in officiating. The fact that refs will often call "make up" penalties for an egregious call on the previous play is all the evidence you need to see that the officials are perfectly capable of influencing the game.

I agree.  Especially being a Bengals fan and on the wrong side of most narratives.  But most people tell me I'm crazy, so..........

25 minutes ago, KFP7 said:

Some of those holding calls probably should have been let go, but if the refs wanted the Packers to win they went about it in a pretty stupid way.  On the drive before with Green Bay down 3 they didn't call this a facemask which would have tacked on 15 yards. 

Then they call a hold on Lewis that derailed the drive.  I can't find an image for it, and I may be biased, but I recall it being much softer than any of the calls on the Colts the following drive.  

Edit:  I will mention that Patrick has a nice hold going on Doyle (I think that's who it is) in this play.....which was not called.  

Can we agree that was a horrible called game from the refs.

Edited by Blackstar12
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

Some refs probably do this certainly.  I highly doubt it's a widespread problem, and there's certainly no organized conspiracy going on.  

17 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

Word class officiating crew lol.

Posted in another thread.

Teams get called for false starts for breathing too hard.

Getting away with early positioning to block before the ball is hiked.

Remember the multiple phantom hands to the face penalties Packers got vs Lions last year?  with a player that has never once been called for it in his entire career? Looking at replay he absolutely did not do it and it was actually the Packers that did hands to the face?  Lol.  Classic Pack.

There is a penalty of every play, they choose which ones to call.

In before "But Packers get penalties too."  But, also classic Pack to blow this game when handed it.  That's the reason they arn't handed SB, they still have to finish the job.

Edited by Zalixar