Post game: GB 35 DAL 31

Rodjahs12

10 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Many will crap on the defense but they netted a true 20 points against Dallas on their home field with Dallas' backs against the wall while down a couple guys. Very, very solid effort from the defense. Still, would have obviously preferred a stop on their last real drive.

But, as others have stated, #1 takeaway from this game is Aaron flippin Jones.@NormSizedMidget

Also, 99% whistle blew before Perry picked it up. Refs blow those last plays dead after an illegal forward pass.

Na they were pretty bad, no need to sugar coat this one.  They had 7 full possessions and gave up 5 TDs, 1 FG and had 2 real stops.  Every TD was over 10 play drive, that's nowhere near good enough.  Then add in the collapse on the final most important drive.

Just now, Stevein2012 said:

Na they were pretty bad, no need to sugar coat this one.  They had 7 full possessions and gave up 5 TDs, 1 FG and had 2 real stops.  Every TD was over 10 play drive, that's nowhere near good enough.  Then add in the collapse on the final most important drive.

I think you need to check your math ;)

HA @CWood21 20 pages short on your GDT!

Attempted trolling now over. Good game. I wasn't honestly not expecting us to win. For some reason I think the Packers game plan for a come from behind win with less then a minute everytime they play us. Cause it's almost a guaranteed win.

Other game news. I don't think I have ever seen a person want a contract payday more badly then Darmarcus Lawrence. 

6 minutes ago, Quark3 said:

Rules question: when Dallas had 4th and 1 on their last drive, Elliot dove through the line and extended the ball forward so that the ball reached the 19 yard line, the first down marker, then pulled it back in to his chest. On that basis, replay ruled that he gained the first down. But, why? If this was a goal line situation a ruling of TD would make sense, because once you the ball breaks the plane, that's it, TD, play over.

But in this case, the ball breaking the first down plane of the 19 yard line doesn't stop the play, so when Zeke pulled the ball back to his body around the 20 and was tackled, making it now short of the 19, seems like the ball should have been spotted there, not where he had extended it to, making it Packers ball.

What am i missing about the rule here?

I'd like to know this too.  Earlier in that drive when a Dallas WR (I can't remember who is was right now) grabbed a pass on 3rd down it looked like when he caught it it was at the 1st down marker but when he was finally tackled the ball was at least a yard short (we got screwed on that spot).  Was Elliot able to stretch it out because he technically wasn't "down"?

20 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Many will crap on the defense but they netted a true 20 points against Dallas on their home field with Dallas' backs against the wall while down a couple guys. Very, very solid effort from the defense. Still, would have obviously preferred a stop on their last real drive.

But, as others have stated, #1 takeaway from this game is Aaron flippin Jones.@NormSizedMidget

Also, 99% whistle blew before Perry picked it up. Refs blow those last plays dead after an illegal forward pass.

@CWood21

and this is what I was talking about before about making excuses for the D

3 minutes ago, Stevein2012 said:

4TDs doesn't change the point at all

Well, your point ignores context too. One of those TDs was absolutely 100% bogus. So they *really* held them to 3 TDs, 2 FGs on 8 drives with 3 real stops: end of half fumble, pick-6 and 1 punt. They also scored a TD themselves. Dallas had been averaging 23.5ppg heading into today, defense *legally* held them to 27 and netted 20 on the road.

That's not bad. That's about exactly average. The defense played about league average today.

12 minutes ago, Stevein2012 said:

10+ play drives to score a TD are a lot better than 3 or 4 play drives. This D doesn't give up big plays, it's one thing they do well.

2 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

If you think we're going to win anything significant only stopping offenses twice , you're sadly sadly mistaken.

relying on AR to be superman will not get us to where we wanna go.

If you ignore the actual facts what's the point in engaging you?

It's pathetic that some fans are so into their little witchhunt that they ignore reality and call crediting a defense with a TD making up "excuses".

Gimme a break.

15 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Well, your point ignores context too. One of those TDs was absolutely 100% bogus. So they *really* held them to 3 TDs, 2 FGs on 8 drives with 3 real stops: end of half fumble, pick-6 and 1 punt. They also scored a TD themselves. Dallas had been averaging 23.5ppg heading into today, defense *legally* held them to 27 and netted 20 on the road.

That's not bad. That's about exactly average. The defense played about league average today.

End of half fumble wasn't a stop, the time ran out on 2nd down, same with the end of the game play.  Also a pick 6 is cool and all but all that really happened there was an open WR dropped the ball to our DB.  Getting a pick 6 then allowing a TD immediately afterwards doesn't really help with much either, our team started the drive before the pick 6 down by 2 and when they got the ball back we were down by 3 (only with way less time to work with) wooohooo.  That wasn't a winning series for our defense.

Na man the defense was objectively very bad.  All they can hang their hat on really is forcing 1 punt and getting an interception that was a dropped pass and otherwise getting murdered the rest of the game.

Archived