Post game: GB 35 DAL 31

Rodjahs12

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

If you ignore the actual facts what's the point in engaging you?

It's pathetic that some fans are so into their little witchhunt that they ignore reality and call crediting a defense with a TD making up "excuses".

Gimme a break.

I'm ignoring facts to promote my agenda...? 

If you're okay with letting up 400 yards and 31 points, more power to you. Idk what to tell ya. 

3 minutes ago, Stevein2012 said:

End of half fumble wasn't a stop, the time ran out on 2nd down, same with the end of the game play.  Also a pick 6 is cool and all but all that really happened there was an open WR dropped the ball to our DB.  Getting a pick 6 then allowing a TD immediately afterwards doesn't really help with much either, our team started the drive before the pick 6 down by 2 and when they got the ball back we were down by 3 (only with way less time to work with) wooohooo.  That wasn't a winning series for our defense.

Na man the defense was objectively very bad.  All they can hang their hat on really is forcing 1 punt and getting an interception that was a dropped pass and otherwise getting murdered the rest of the game.

They weren't objectively bad. They were bad in your opinion. I just showed they were objectively average.

And yes, the end of half absolutely counts as a stop. If we get that 50/50 ball there's a decent chance we put 3 on the board. You ignoring it doesn't make it not a stop.

22 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

@CWood21

and this is what I was talking about before about making excuses for the D

Looking at the positives is considered being an apologist?  I think that's where the confusion is coming from, because when says something about being an apologist I look at it more in the angle that you're making excuses for their failures.  Like if Mike Daniels misses the game, going and making the excuses that "well Mike Daniels wasn't playing, so Dom couldn't do what he wanted to do".

7 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

They weren't objectively bad. They were bad in your opinion. I just showed they were objectively average.

And yes, the end of half absolutely counts as a stop. If we get that 50/50 ball there's a decent chance we put 3 on the board. You ignoring it doesn't make it not a stop.

We didn't get the ball Dallas did and then it was 2nd down, the only thing that stopped them was the clock.  You ignoring that doesn't make it a stop.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Looking at the positives is considered being an apologist?  I think that's where the confusion is coming from, because when says something about being an apologist I look at it more in the angle that you're making excuses for their failures.  Like if Mike Daniels misses the game, going and making the excuses that "well Mike Daniels wasn't playing, so Dom couldn't do what he wanted to do".

Apologist aren't even the worst of the bunch. At least they can see that there's an issue . 

The problem is the delusionalists who believe that the defense played a good game today! We stopped them twice... is there any doubt that if our offense wasn't unstoppable that they wouldn't have scored more??

I actually thought Randall played pretty well.  He didn't play the ball well on his TD but he was in position at least and I can't remember him giving up anything really after that.  His INT was pure luck but he did a good job returning it (then made the stupid penalty).  I don't know what his snap counts were or anything (maybe they were hiding him) but I think it was a promising game after a rough deal last week.

26 minutes ago, Stevein2012 said:

Also a pick 6 is cool and all but all that really happened there was an open WR dropped the ball to our DB

I feel like a huge part of football is just the accumulation of weird bounces, things that were in the right/wrong place by half an inch, what the refs miss/see etc.  So I don't think "I can explain this one fortuitous event away as unlikely" is necessarily relevant.

2 minutes ago, MathMan said:

If we would have allowed them to score, would it count then?

Of course it's a stop.

It's situational football. I don't get how this isn't obvious. You call your defensive scheme based on situation... It's a stop.

16 minutes ago, Stevein2012 said:

We didn't get the ball Dallas did and then it was 2nd down, the only thing that stopped them was the clock.  You ignoring that doesn't make it a stop.

This is why there is a clock in football games. Offenses don't have an infinite amount of time to score. 

It counts as a stop. 

14 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

Apologist aren't even the worst of the bunch. At least they can see that there's an issue . 

The problem is the delusionalists who believe that the defense played a good game today! We stopped them twice... is there any doubt that if our offense wasn't unstoppable that they wouldn't have scored more??

Who is delusional? You can't even accept reality because it doesn't fit your agenda.

You, literally, are delusional.

I feel like it's worth noting that Dallas had an unusual number of fourth down conversions relative to the rest of the league in an average game.  This is because "4th and short" is fairly common, and Dallas is a strong power running team.  There were a lot of 3rd down stops today that probably would have caused kicks by most opponents.

Archived