Baltimore Ravens (6-4)
tenor.gif?itemid=15922434

VS
Pittsburgh Steelers (10-0)

giphy.gif

When: Thursday 11/26 8:20 PM EST
Where: Heinz Field
TV: NBC

Going with the theme of Thanksgiving, as horrible as it has been to watch this team in recent weeks, lets all try to give thanks for at least ONE thing that we are grateful for this season. I'll start, I'm grateful for having a team that as frustrating as they are, are still in the playoff hunt and have a chance to control their destiny down the stretch.

• Like 1

I’m grateful for the fact that as mediocre as this offense is, it actually is somewhat fun to look at. Lamar’s elite skill set brings an element of fun to it, even then.

But yeah, Roman is trash and needs to go. Nothing he does from this point forth will really change my opinion. He showed me full and well what he considers a “new” identity.

I’m also thankful that this game is on the road and on Thursday. I’d rather know what kind of team we’re working with and this game comes so quickly in turn around that I don’t have to wait to find out. Whether its a monsoon, the refs, or a lack of execution we haven’t been able to complete a game winning drive. We’ve fallen short in every instance. Some teams just don’t have the clutch gene and this one doesn’t seem to have it.

BUT this is a clutch game, winning this game will show me they have the mentality to fight back from adversity and get it done. What’s more I’m glad it’s on the road. The Ravens have been abysmal at M&T Bank this season with a 2-3 record compared to 4-1 on the road. A win here would make it 5-1 and considering our playoff path, if we make it there, would have us on the road... it’ll be a definite boon for this team.

2 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

Praying for B-Will and Calais for this one. 

I’d definitely be thankful for their return as well. Particularly Calais. The team has missed his ability to run defend, but more importantly his length to swap passes. We’ve played a couple QBs now that his ability to swat would have likely led to a drive stopped here and there, just in and of itself, if not a few drives also ended in sacks by him.

That said, if the team can win without those guys and can save their health an additional week or two for the stretch run, that would be all the better.

17 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

I’d definitely be thankful for their return as well. Particularly Calais. The team has missed his ability to run defend, but more importantly his length to swap passes. We’ve played a couple QBs now that his ability to swat would have likely led to a drive stopped here and there, just in and of itself, if not a few drives also ended in sacks by him.

That said, if the team can win without those guys and can save their health an additional week or two for the stretch run, that would be all the better.

True but the stretch run is pretty easy. Cowboys, Browns, Jags, Giants, Bengals (w/o Burrow). The Browns are the best team and if B-Will and Calais are back, we match up very well with them. So I see your point, don't rush them back because we need them vs Cleveland. But the rest of those teams are bad. 

Another thing I’m grateful for. A mobile QB that also feels pressure in the pocket well enough. It’s led to some happy feet situations this season, but it’s still far better than Flacco who couldn’t feel pressure to save his life. Joe Burrow also hasn’t shown me a consistent ability to feel pressure and I think that works to his benefit sometimes as he stay in the pocket like a warrior to make some great last minute completions, but it also worked to his detriment this past game against the WFT.

Our OL is about as bad as the Bengals OL has been over the last 3 weeks (they’ve gotten better, while ours has gotten worse) yet Lamar has been able to keep himself safe back there and avoid many would be sacks, while also making a few something plays out of nothing.

23 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

I’m also thankful that this game is on the road and on Thursday. I’d rather know what kind of team we’re working with and this game comes so quickly in turn around that I don’t have to wait to find out. Whether its a monsoon, the refs, or a lack of execution we haven’t been able to complete a game winning drive. We’ve fallen short in every instance. Some teams just don’t have the clutch gene and this one doesn’t seem to have it.

BUT this is a clutch game, winning this game will show me they have the mentality to fight back from adversity and get it done. What’s more I’m glad it’s on the road. The Ravens have been abysmal at M&T Bank this season with a 2-3 record compared to 4-1 on the road. A win here would make it 5-1 and considering our playoff path, if we make it there, would have us on the road... it’ll be a definite boon for this team.

Statistically speaking, there has been no observable home field advantage this season. 

Which actually isn't bad if we make the playoffs as a wild card, because then there is really no advantage being the higher seed.