Week 12 GDT: Ravens (6-4) vs Steelers (10-0) Pt. Dos - Prove We Don't Suck

RavensTillIDie

3 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

This team has been seriously unlucky this season. Every time we have a chance to build momentum, it seems like the universe presents covid part 1 or a monsoon or a significant player injury or covid part two. I wanted this team to face adversity, but sheesh... this is a little too much at this point. Feels like at this point the camels back 🐪 should be about to break... if it hasn’t already.

This is typically where Harbaugh is supposed to earn his keep as a "CEO" coach. Stave off the rot and get us through the rough patch.

Not a lot of old guard middle men types left on this roster. It's a pretty young squad. Let's see how Harbaugh handles things to close out the year. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DreamKid said:

This is typically where Harbaugh is supposed to earn his keep as a "CEO" coach. Stave off the rot and get us through the rough patch.

Not a lot of old guard middle men types left on this roster. It's a pretty young squad. Let's see how Harbaugh handles things to close out the year. 

I'm typically a very big Harbaugh guy, but this is a great point.

Let's see how he responds - no reason we shouldn't win our last 5 after this PIT game...I get CLE is 7-3 but we waxed them earlier this year. He certainly has the opportunity to right the ship.

• Like 1

So just saying, but if Lamar ends up testing positive the day after this matchup and we have to shutdown the facility again, count me as someone that won’t be surprised. NFL keeping such a positive test quiet (not even making it known to the team)... something like that wouldn’t surprise me when their Thanksgiving Primetime game is being threatened not to be played. Then just fine the Ravens later for a “continued spread”... would be the most NFL thing they could do in this instance.

What are the chances that Lamar also doesn’t have it. Like the center that hands him the ball AND the RBs that he hands the ball off to or does a run fake to on like 70% of plays have it... yet not him? The chances of that being the case just sound like it would be very low.

I at least respect the league for pushing the game back... even if from a competitive advantage standpoint, playing the game would’ve probably been the best option for us. The Steelers now have more time to prepare, while our players are going to not have the time to prepare anyway. The positive test for Campbell and Williams also mean that both will be unavailable to play the next two weeks... at least they should be very fresh for the Browns game.

The team will just have to roll with Bozeman at center... unless Bredeson has been taking snaps there and looks like a viable option. At least we’ll get to see how our OL depth looks, since we’ll be playing with our entire 2nd and 3rd string options. LOL. Hopefully Phillips is back and can be a better RT option than what Fluker has shown over the past couple weeks also.

I wonder if NFL fans will complain about the OL Lamar has to play behind the same as the complained about the OL the Bengals had blocking for Burrow. Probably not, since NFL fans seem to cringingly hope for a Lamar injury to validate their points about him. Regardless of if the blow comes while in the pocket or not.

7 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

What are the chances that Lamar also doesn’t have it. Like the center that hands him the ball AND the RBs that he hands the ball off to or does a run fake to on like 70% of plays have it... yet not him? The chances of that being the case just sound like it would be very low.

I at least respect the league for pushing the game back... even if from a competitive advantage standpoint, playing the game would’ve probably been the best option for us. The Steelers now have more time to prepare, while our players are going to not have the time to prepare anyway. The positive test for Campbell and Williams also mean that both will be unavailable to play the next two weeks... at least they should be very fresh for the Browns game.

The team will just have to roll with Bozeman at center... unless Bredeson has been taking snaps there and looks like a viable option. At least we’ll get to see how our OL depth looks, since we’ll be playing with our entire 2nd and 3rd string options. LOL. Hopefully Phillips is back and can be a better RT option than what Fluker has shown over the past couple weeks also.

I wonder if NFL fans will complain about the OL Lamar has to play behind the same as the complained about the OL the Bengals had blocking for Burrow. Probably not, since NFL fans seem to cringingly hope for a Lamar injury to validate their points about him. Regardless of if the blow comes while in the pocket or not.

Williams never tested positive so he should be able to come back on Sunday if his ankle is ok. 

As for the offensive line, I hope it looks like:

Brown/Powers/Bozeman/Phillips/Fluker

How much of a Madden curse would it be for Lamar to not get Covid at all, but his entire starting OL that he bought rolexes for last season to get hit in some regard? Big Drip/Zeus and Bozeman better watch their backs. The Madden curse will be coming for them like its final destination. I mean, both starting centers. The LT knocked out for the season. The RG knocked out for multiple weeks. Skura was playing wounded before covid. I think Yanda knew what he was doing by opting out early. Must’ve had a heads up of what was to come.

• Like 1