Week 12 GDT: Ravens (6-4) vs Steelers (10-0) Pt. Dos - Prove We Don't Suck

RavensTillIDie

Absolutely. Ended his career on that 14-2 rushing record squad. The narrative wouldn’t have likely been much better this season, considering. Though maybe the butterfly effect of him being on the line wouldve led us to a perfect record and no covid outbreaks or something. Maybe Yanda was the only SOB on the team tough enough to keep the Madden curse at bay. 😆

• Like 1

4 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Though maybe the butterfly effect of him being on the line wouldve led us to a perfect record and no covid outbreaks or something.

This gave me a memory burst of this awful(if not for the sheer spectacle of it's plot) movie, and this scene in particular-

Though I've never seen the movie actually titled 'The Butterfly Effect', starring the legendary Ashton Kutcher. 

18 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

This gave me a memory burst of this awful(if not for the sheer spectacle of it's plot) movie, and this scene in particular-

Though I've never seen the movie actually titled 'The Butterfly Effect', starring the legendary Ashton Kutcher. 

So we’re exact opposites then, as I’ve seen ‘The Butterfly Effect’, yet not The Oxford Murders... I will say, that speech/debate in this clip, seemed quite interesting and intriguing.

So I hadn’t actually seen the clip of this information reveal, only the tweets. It’s interesting that they believe they found the source of the outbreak to be a coach/staff member that tested positive for covid.

With guys having tested positive on the offense AND defense, it was always quite curious how this developed. I wonder if perhaps, it’s a strength and conditioning coach. If there is a “patient zero” that could expose both the offense and defense, it would stand to reason that a strength coach could be that person. Outside of that, it’d likely have to be a water boy or something, I guess.

I’ve got to say, with all the Steelers complaining with how screwed they’ve been with this incident, how sweet would it be to upset the Steelers now to really piss in their Cheerios. Between players AND fans complaining about how they’ve been inconvenienced. I don’t remember them complaining about how our 2008 squad with rookie Harbaugh and rookie Flacco lost to them in the AFCCG after not having had a bye the entire season due to Hurricane Ike.

Me thinks Karma would be sweet if the Ravens beat them in this upcoming game and open the door to the “we only lost because we never had a bye” crap... and then because they lose, they lose the #1 seed to the Chiefs, whereby the Steelers are forced to play in the wildcard round... where they become the first playoff team impacted by COVID-19... where key guys are forced to sit... and that results in them losing in the wildcard round... to the 7th seed Ravens, that go on to win the Super Bowl. 

Let them complain the entire offseason about how “their team of destiny” only lost to the “ratbirds” because, well, destiny wasn’t in their favor. Would love the taste of such delicious tears.😂

200.gif

3 hours ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Add Lamar to the Covid bonanza the team is currently having.. 

Oh yeah, I knew that one was a done deal. Like his starting center who snaps it AND his two RBs that he fakes the ball to? There was no way around that.

Hopefully everyone and their families will be fine. I wonder if firing the employee would leave a termination record, while discipline is more difficult to trace. Because I could see the Ravens keeping this hush for now because some crazy fan being mad enough to go after this dude. I mean if Skura thought his blunder against the Pats was bad... try costing the Ravens the playoffs, getting multiple people sick, and some of them or their family will develop a permanent issue because of this. Like you don’t even have to be too too far off the deep end to want to hurt such an employee.

I’m just speculating as to why the guy hasn’t been fired but if any part of the above is true, he’d better thank the Ravens for being the organization he’s a part of because if it were me, all the money and competition dollars he cost is more than he could earn back in a lifetime. He’d straight up be tossed to the wolves. I’d be a savage.

• Like 1

On 11/25/2020 at 11:56 PM, diamondbull424 said:

I’ve got to say, with all the Steelers complaining with how screwed they’ve been with this incident, how sweet would it be to upset the Steelers now to really piss in their Cheerios.

We would expect nothing less. Bring it. If you win hats off to you as I have always done and said. I have a tremendous amount of respect for the Ravens organization. In fact, without sounding sacreligious, if there were no Steelers, I myself would be Ravens fan. Your team is tough, your organization is first class, and despite the rivalry, you have to respect the success. Your HC is my second favorite HC in the NFL. The ramifications go deeper than just inconvenience, but I am ole' school football and Steelers. You have adversity, you use it as motivation to go forward.  You want to get back at us being mad that a game was again moved and our players missed out on an opportunity to get some family time and recoup.....Piss away. We won't be holding the bowl in front of your piss stream. 😀🤪

Between players AND fans complaining about how they’ve been inconvenienced. I don’t remember them complaining about how our 2008 squad with rookie Harbaugh and rookie Flacco lost to them in the AFCCG after not having had a bye the entire season due to Hurricane Ike.

I said this to the Titans fans earlier in the year. The complaint is not directed at your organization as much as it is frustration with the situation. You hit somebody's car, you didn't mean to, but you caused damage and inconvenience to them. Many players and fans feel like they are suffering because of mistakes made by our opponents. If it is self-inflicted, you can blame no one. If it is self-inflicted and it causes problems to others as well, then yes there will be some back-lash. We will get over it. No one wanted to do this intentionally. We get that, but yes it has caused problems, not once, but twice and potentially a third time if the game is moved to week 18 and there is no first round bye. You want to be world champs, you go out and win it. Period. No one is going to listen to excuses anyway. In the 2001, 2005 and 2008 play-offs, we beat you guys. In 2015, you guys beat us. No excuses. Period!

Last year we didn't have our QB for most of the year and no one made excuses or gave us a pass based on the fact we had a third and fourth string QB starting and winning for the most part. When you guys beat us twice and the second time (with essentially with your JV squad), no excuses or complaints for either game's losses.

Me thinks Karma would be sweet if the Ravens beat them in this upcoming game and open the door to the “we only lost because we never had a bye” crap...

You won't hear that kind of whining and if you do, I would be the first to say and support  "No excuses!" Champions overcome adversity and create history and their own destiny. But you have me scratching my head on the karma thing! What did the Steelers do wrong to deserve "bad karma?" They are complaining that they wanted to play a huge holiday prime time game when scheduled. For the record, as much as everyone is complaining and complained against the Titans and Ravens, The league made the right decision.  This could have blown up and jeopardized both teams entire seasons. The golden rule is to do unto others as they would do unto you. Making your displeasure at not liking 'how" a situation affects you is not a situation where you are doing someone else wrong. This is squeaky wheel trying to get some oil, rather than doing wrong to someone. 

and then because they lose, they lose the #1 seed to the Chiefs, whereby the Steelers are forced to play in the wildcard round... where they become the first playoff team impacted by COVID-19... where key guys are forced to sit... and that results in them losing in the wildcard round... to the 7th seed Ravens, that go on to win the Super Bowl. 

Let me know how that works out. If it comes to fruition, my hats off to you and your fans, and I rarely wear a hat. 🤪

Let them complain the entire offseason about how “their team of destiny” only lost to the “ratbirds” because, well, destiny wasn’t in their favor.

Champions create destiny and overcome adversity. If the Steelers are all that Steelers Nation thinks that they are, then we will keep fighting and overcoming adversity and creating opportunities. If not, then we don't deserve to be champions. There's a lot of hungry and good teams left out there. No one is going to roll over or play dead for the poor inconvenienced Steelers. 

Would love the taste of such delicious tears.😂

200.gif

hard-and-soft.jpg

Offering up some cheese go go with all of our whining! But be careful, and don't choke! 😂

If the game is in fact played, may the better team win. No excuses!

P.S. Excuse me if I overstepped my boundary as a Steelers fan invading and commenting on your page. Genuinely trying to find out information about the situation and if the game will be played from your perspective/side. Your comments (diamondbull424) sparked some interest and I wanted to offer some dialogue and input from across enemy lines. 💪

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steeler Hitman said:

We would expect nothing less. Bring it. If you win hats off to you as I have always done and said. I have a tremendous amount of respect for the Ravens organization. In fact, without sounding sacreligious, if there were no Steelers, I myself would be Ravens fan. Your team is tough, your organization is first class, and despite the rivalry, you have to respect the success. Your HC is my second favorite HC in the NFL. The ramifications go deeper than just inconvenience, but I am ole' school football and Steelers. You have adversity, you use it as motivation to go forward.  You want to get back at us being mad that a game was again moved and our players missed out on an opportunity to get some family time and recoup.....Piss away. We won't be holding the bowl in front of your piss stream. 😀🤪

I do respect the Steelers organization and especially Tomlin. I just don’t respect guys complaining about these occurrences. This is the second time in a row where I just find multiple players within the Steelers organization to be insensitive here. First it was the Ebron comments with the regard to the Titans. It’s like when the Ravens had the Hurricane Ike incident, guys just took it as it was on the team. It was a natural disaster and a lot of people were dealing with far worse. Same with covid, its a natural disaster and Ebron says what he says full well knowing that his coworkers and their families and others in the world are dealing with or could be dealing with far worse thanks.to covid. Their is a stark difference between frustration and insensitivity.

2 hours ago, Steeler Hitman said:

I said this to the Titans fans earlier in the year. The complaint is not directed at your organization as much as it is frustration with the situation. You hit somebody's car, you didn't mean to, but you caused damage and inconvenience to them. Many players and fans feel like they are suffering because of mistakes made by our opponents. If it is self-inflicted, you can blame no one. If it is self-inflicted and it causes problems to others as well, then yes there will be some back-lash. We will get over it. No one wanted to do this intentionally. We get that, but yes it has caused problems, not once, but twice and potentially a third time if the game is moved to week 18 and there is no first round bye. You want to be world champs, you go out and win it. Period. No one is going to listen to excuses anyway. In the 2001, 2005 and 2008 play-offs, we beat you guys. In 2015, you guys beat us. No excuses. Period!

Last year we didn't have our QB for most of the year and no one made excuses or gave us a pass based on the fact we had a third and fourth string QB starting and winning for the most part. When you guys beat us twice and the second time (with essentially with your JV squad), no excuses or complaints for either game's losses.

See but that’s not exactly it. Perhaps you’re only reading your forum and the general idea of those there. However there’s been a number of comments in NFL Gen that are massively sideways. Like sure, demand punishment to the Ravens organization, I think the NFL went too light on the Titans a few weeks ago and the message they sent set a precedent of... “well following the rules aren’t THAT big a deal” vs “team owners essentially threatening team staff an NFL blackballed scenario for any employee that is intentionally seeking to circumvent the rules. I’m sure they will drop the hammer on the Ravens here though... and they will deserve it for clearly not going far enough in discouraging employee rebelliousness within the building.

However all that being said, every player and every organization knew that their was going to be problems at some point when they opted in. If any team or player expected that some idiot wasn’t going to go full on Lou Williams (NBA player) and hit up a strip club for some wings. Or some rebellious covid conspiracy nut wasn’’t going to exist within someone’s locker room. Or teams would try and cover up a positive covid test for competitive benefits... or players would be exposed to covid during their bye week and bring it into the facility, etc... if the players didn't expect such, than they were just as stupid as the person who would go on to break the rules.

So sure, inconvenienced by not getting a primetime Thursday game sucks, but this game likely won’t be played until probably Tuesday... which gives their body plenty of time to rest. They’ll be playing a depleted opponent that won’t have practiced all week as well, so this game could be in cruise control by the second half whereby they could further rest certain veteran players. It sucks, sure. But guys are developing heart conditions due to covid complications. Calais Campbell, Walter Payton Man of the Year, has asthma and is suffering legitimate effects of the virus. Yet people complaining about how the league are trying to “screw the Steelers over like always” and the game should still be played and “force the Ravens to play with who they have”... aren’t just frustrated. They’re whining while simultaneously being insensitive. I think it sucks that we won’t be able to play the Steelers at something close to full strength to make a playoff push, but this situation is far bigger than the Steelers “getting the short end of the stick.”

You won't hear that kind of whining and if you do, I would be the first to say and support  "No excuses!" Champions overcome adversity and create history and their own destiny. But you have me scratching my head on the karma thing! What did the Steelers do wrong to deserve "bad karma?" They are complaining that they wanted to play a huge holiday prime time game when scheduled. For the record, as much as everyone is complaining and complained against the Titans and Ravens, The league made the right decision.  This could have blown up and jeopardized both teams entire seasons. The golden rule is to do unto others as they would do unto you. Making your displeasure at not liking 'how" a situation affects you is not a situation where you are doing someone else wrong. This is squeaky wheel trying to get some oil, rather than doing wrong to someone. 

Yup. Karma. I think the level of insensitivity certain players (Ebron especially) as well as certain fans and what they’ve said, certainly is very karma induced. I mean, I would have gained a lot of respect for the Steelers had guys made statements like, “Hey this definitely sucks that we have to move the game back, I won’t be able to be at my son’s birthday party, but this is bigger than just my frustration. Guys careers and lives are on the line here. There is no amount of personal frustration that is greater than that.” But instead we get “what does that have to do with us.” Ryqell Armstead was one of my favorite RB prospects of his draft class, I thought he was in line for a breakout season this year... and considering the success that James Robinson had, its possible he would have broken out and earned himself a great payday... yet his career could be in jeopardy at this point because of covid. Yet guys are seriously upset that the “NFL is screwing them?” And that they “have it out against the Steelers”? Highly insensitive if you ask me.

Let me know how that works out. If it comes to fruition, my hats off to you and your fans, and I rarely wear a hat. 🤪

At this point, it will basically take a miracle such as that to restore any semblance of organizational cache. I have to imagine that this incident will really drain the Ravens stature among prospecting FAs as a top destination in the same vein as the other powerhouses of the league. They’ve prided themselves on being considered an almost bulletproof type organization that doesn’t everything the right way... well, now this happens. Their cache will be taking a serious blow after this incident and the punishment that’s handed out, I’m sure.

Champions create destiny and overcome adversity. If the Steelers are all that Steelers Nation thinks that they are, then we will keep fighting and overcoming adversity and creating opportunities. If not, then we don't deserve to be champions. There's a lot of hungry and good teams left out there. No one is going to roll over or play dead for the poor inconvenienced Steelers. 

Agreed.

Offering up some cheese go go with all of our whining! But be careful, and don't choke! 😂

If the game is in fact played, may the better team win. No excuses!

P.S. Excuse me if I overstepped my boundary as a Steelers fan invading and commenting on your page. Genuinely trying to find out information about the situation and if the game will be played from your perspective/side. Your comments (diamondbull424) sparked some interest and I wanted to offer some dialogue and input from across enemy lines. 💪

Latest Ive heard is that the game will likely be pushed back to perhaps Monday/Tuesday. I suppose it’ll all depend on if there are any additional positives today. If we can get 3 consecutive days where guys aren’t testing positive than I’m sure the game will be played on Monday, if not, Tuesday might not be out of the question. I’m hearing Sunday is very unlikely at this point. But who knows at this point. It’ll all depend on exposure. This is unlike any other outbreak outside of the Titans situation. They complicated things by having that practice after the fact, but we had an entire game after exposure. It’s fully within possibility that Gus Edwards and Hollywood Brown could also test for covid considering how close Lamar is to the latter and how Gus shares the workload with the other RBs and they tested positive.

But we’ll see. Today will give us a better picture, for sure.

7 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

I do respect the Steelers organization and especially Tomlin. I just don’t respect guys complaining about these occurrences. This is the second time in a row where I just find multiple players within the Steelers organization to be insensitive here. First it was the Ebron comments with the regard to the Titans. It’s like when the Ravens had the Hurricane Ike incident, guys just took it as it was on the team. It was a natural disaster and a lot of people were dealing with far worse. Same with covid, its a natural disaster and Ebron says what he says full well knowing that his coworkers and their families and others in the world are dealing with or could be dealing with far worse thanks.to covid. Their is a stark difference between frustration and insensitivity

Fair. I respect what you are saying. I just don't see it as insensitivity Ebron or any other player simply being insensitive. It is the way the process has played out that has bothered themWe may agree to disagree, but to many iit feels as if the Steelers are put on hold or limbo because of others actions or non actions. No doubt, the pandemic is real. We should be grateful that there is even football right now.  However, when there is talk about players and staff not following the protocol and it not only affects that organization, but potentially the opponent..... That is what the real issue is. I had the same discussion with the Titans group as well. There are people following the protocol to the letter that still get exposed. No problem with that. The problem or frustration is that it was said in the Titans case, that players went and practiced on their own without following the protocol. Inthe Ravens case, it is said that one of your two Strength and Conditioning Coaches felt bad and did not self isolate to protect the rest of your team. There was no grumbling after Marlon Humphrey got it and played in the first game. 

The NFL took some heat in the case of Marlon for not having a better testing process. Getting game day test results the next day are crazy. I understand that it is an expensive process and tough as heck to get a quick turnaround on the results.  Because the protocols were followed the Ravens organization in that case the exposures were minimal. 

See but that’s not exactly it. Perhaps you’re only reading your forum and the general idea of those there.

Not at all my friend. I have read and been reading your forum and others. I have also encouraged others to provide opinions and insight on our GDT's. I like to get all sides before I form an opinion. Even then, that is not to say that I can't be convinced, shown, or even proven to change my opinion or perception.That is why I inquire and hope to get the perspective from those fans and followers who have insight as well. I don't think the Steelers players are finger pointing at the Ravens (some of our fans might be), but the players are saying the NFL. I have no problem with you or anyone else in your fanbase defending your shield. I know I and Steelers Nation would do the same. 

However there’s been a number of comments in NFL Gen that are massively sideways. Like sure, demand punishment to the Ravens organization, I think the NFL went too light on the Titans a few weeks ago and the message they sent set a precedent of... “well following the rules aren’t THAT big a deal” vs “team owners essentially threatening team staff an NFL blackballed scenario for any employee that is intentionally seeking to circumvent the rules. I’m sure they will drop the hammer on the Ravens here though... and they will deserve it for clearly not going far enough in discouraging employee rebelliousness within the building.

Great point. Right is right and wrong is wrong. I am not here to discuss punishment or retribution. What is done is done and more importantly, did those who made the mistake learn from it? The Steelers got a fine for not wearing masks during part of a game this year as well. As fans the bottom line is we didn't get to see a great rivalry and as players and organizations, they are equally or more so disappointed. 

However all that being said, every player and every organization knew that their was going to be problems at some point when they opted in. If any team or player expected that some idiot wasn’t going to go full on Lou Williams (NBA player) and hit up a strip club for some wings. Or some rebellious covid conspiracy nut wasn't going to exist within someone’s locker room. Or teams would try and cover up a positive covid test for competitive benefits... or players would be exposed to covid during their bye week and bring it into the facility, etc... if the players didn't expect such, than they were just as stupid as the person who would go on to break the rules.

I agree with everything you stated except in bold. The integrity portion has to be here for this to work. Herein is the heart of the issue.  If someone knows they are not feeling well, they have to man or woman up to the organization and self-isolate. Again, no symptoms, negative tests and all other things in place and someone gets it, you live with it. Someone circumvents that process, yes you are going to hear some backlash. Because this happened behind the Ravens and Titans shields, yes the fans are going to stand up for their club. They should. However, I am just asking that they understand (you don't have to agree) where Steelers Nation and some players are coming from. If the shoe was on the other foot, I am sure we would hear about it with the same passion and zest. Maybe even more! 🤬

So sure, inconvenienced by not getting a primetime Thursday game sucks, but this game likely won’t be played until probably Tuesday... which gives their body plenty of time to rest. They’ll be playing a depleted opponent that won’t have practiced all week as well, so this game could be in c💪ruise control by the second half whereby they could further rest certain veteran players.

No one wants this. When we beat you guys and vice versa, no one wants an asterisk next to the win.  Players are creatures of habit and routines. Both of our organizations have two of the better NFL coaches at planning, preparation, and making adjustments. (Although I still criticize Coach T for his preparation when the Steelers played Minnesota in England some years back).  🤢 When you don't know that is the hard part. We didn't know if we were playing or off in both instances. That is the biggest gripe. The NFL is in a tough spot. You call the game too early, you get criticized for not letting it play out. You wait until the last minute you get criticized as well. It's lose/lose for the NFL there. Our routine in both these instances is thrown way off. Not the end of the world, but that is the gripe.

It sucks, sure. But guys are developing heart conditions due to covid complications. Calais Campbell, Walter Payton Man of the Year, has asthma and is suffering legitimate effects of the virus. Yet people complaining about how the league are trying to “screw the Steelers over like always” and the game should still be played and “force the Ravens to play with who they have”... aren’t just frustrated. They’re whining while simultaneously being insensitive. I think it sucks that we won’t be able to play the Steelers at something close to full strength to make a playoff push, but this situation is far bigger than the Steelers “getting the short end of the stick.”

You are correct about the insensitive thing. That could be a topic for an entirely different thread and discussion alone. I am not going to make an excuse about that. I only offer my sincere and heartfelt apologies on behalf of some of our fans. We love football as you do. It is never good to lose the human element, have compassion, understanding, and decency in all of this. While there may be no crying in baseball, football is an emotional game full of whining, crying, attitudes and other feelings. 🙏💪

Yup. Karma. I think the level of insensitivity certain players (Ebron especially) as well as certain fans and what they’ve said, certainly is very karma induced. I mean, I would have gained a lot of respect for the Steelers had guys made statements like, “Hey this definitely sucks that we have to move the game back, I won’t be able to be at my son’s birthday party, but this is bigger than just my frustration. Guys careers and lives are on the line here. There is no amount of personal frustration that is greater than that.” But instead we get “what does that have to do with us.”

We will agree to disagree on karma.  The frustration is not aimed at your players as much as the NFL's decision and way that they have handled the situation.  I don't like phony's. I would prefer someone to say, "Hell yeah, I am pissed!" Than to act like everything is alright and it really isn't. I laugh at this all the time because I see some really good people at church smile and say God bless you, but are really not meaning that. They are saying the right thing, but thinking, "To hell with you!" 😁  I agree at the insensitivity and the "me first" that is perceived. I think it is accurate to a degree. But I don't see any venom or hatred spread in this instance, only frustration at the situation. We are rivals anyway, so I didn't expect them to sincerely say, "That's okay! We understand!" 😁😝

Ryqell Armstead was one of my favorite RB prospects of his draft class, I thought he was in line for a breakout season this year... and considering the success that James Robinson had, it's possible he would have broken out and earned himself a great payday... yet his career could be in jeopardy at this point because of covid. Yet guys are seriously upset that the “NFL is screwing them?” And that they “have it out against the Steelers”? Highly insensitive if you ask me.

I understand. No argument here.

At this point, it will basically take a miracle such as that to restore any semblance of organizational cache. I have to imagine that this incident will really drain the Ravens stature among prospecting FAs as a top destination in the same vein as the other powerhouses of the league. They’ve prided themselves on being considered an almost bulletproof type organization that doesn’t everything the right way... well, now this happens. Their cache will be taking a serious blow after this incident and the punishment that’s handed out, I’m sure.

Agreed.

People have short memories (most of the time). The Steelers have been through their fair share of issues, players, and other things as well. This won't change the reputation that your organization has built because of the circumstance of being in a pandemic and as far as players: Money cures a variety of ills and objections! 💪

Latest Ive heard is that the game will likely be pushed back to perhaps Monday/Tuesday. I suppose it’ll all depend on if there are any additional positives today. If we can get 3 consecutive days where guys aren’t testing positive than I’m sure the game will be played on Monday, if not, Tuesday might not be out of the question. I’m hearing Sunday is very unlikely at this point. But who knows at this point. It’ll all depend on exposure. This is unlike any other outbreak outside of the Titans situation. They complicated things by having that practice after the fact, but we had an entire game after exposure. It’s fully within possibility that Gus Edwards and Hollywood Brown could also test for covid considering how close Lamar is to the latter and how Gus shares the workload with the other RBs and they tested positive.

But we’ll see. Today will give us a better picture, for sure.

We are all hoping that this comes to an end and the business at hand can continue. I thank you for responding and providing some input and clarity from the other side. 

I would say good luck, but I don't mean it. 😝

P.S. I hope we kick the feathers off your @$$eS! 😁

In all seriousness thanks for the conversation on your GDT. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Steeler Hitman said:

I agree with everything you stated except in bold. The integrity portion has to be here for this to work. Herein is the heart of the issue.  If someone knows they are not feeling well, they have to man or woman up to the organization and self-isolate. Again, no symptoms, negative tests and all other things in place and someone gets it, you live with it. Someone circumvents that process, yes you are going to hear some backlash. Because this happened behind the Ravens and Titans shields, yes the fans are going to stand up for their club. They should. However, I am just asking that they understand (you don't have to agree) where Steelers Nation and some players are coming from. If the shoe was on the other foot, I am sure we would hear about it with the same passion and zest. Maybe even more! 🤬

I think you misunderstood where I was going with this. I probably could have been more clear however. What I was saying here is that teams/people cheating has always been a part of competition since its inception. I don’t like it and most don’t either, but it’s there. So while I didn’t outright “expect” their to be some team trying to withhold a star player from the covid list, if it happened, it also wouldn’t surprise me. That’s my point. I think it was in the MLB where they played games knowing guys had tested positive (something like that). I view it as a reality of playing sports, people and/or teams being willing to cheat. As we’ve seen with the Patriots organization, they’ve been willing time and again to push the envelope of what is morally right in sports and their pursuit of pushing that boundary has led them for being busted for cheating on multiple occasions.

So if I was a professional athlete, those would be all the things I would be weighing in making my decision whether or not to opt in or opt out for the season. Long term ramifications of the virus, teams that might not report symptoms knowingly, guys stupidly going to strip clubs or other very public places during a pandemic because they’re rich and entitled F-boys.

Like tbqh, while I didn’t anticipate the Ravens would be the organization that would let this kind of thing happen, if Earl Thomas was on the team, I had every belief that he would’ve been the kind of dude to go to a strip club and test for covid and F it up for the rest of the team. It wouldn’t shock me if Antonio Brown ends up as a covid patient zero case after getting covid because, well there’s a multitude of dumb stuff I can anticipate him doing to put himself in position to impact his team. The covid season was one of the biggest reasons, I didn’t want Antonio Brown on this squad... turns out, it didn’t matter. 😂

57 minutes ago, Steeler Hitman said:

We are all hoping that this comes to an end and the business at hand can continue. I thank you for responding and providing some input and clarity from the other side. 

I would say good luck, but I don't mean it. 😝

P.S. I hope we kick the feathers off your @$$eS! 😁

In all seriousness thanks for the conversation on your GDT. 

Indeed. And right back at you. At this point, I just want a rematch in the playoffs with both teams fully healthy. Personally I’d prefer you guys lose at least one more game though... my family in Pittsburgh would be insufferable if you guys went undefeated. So I’m certainly not for that. But yeah, I will on the other hand wish you guys good health moving forward. You’re right, I’d rather we make it to the postseason and beat you guys fair and square.😈

• Like 1