Good, bad, ugly vs Kansas City

NYRaider

There were goods, but screw them.

The takeaway:

Gruden has no balls. That FG was unacceptable. Our D is pathetic. Guenther is still employed. Arnette can't tackle. Abram is so undisciplined. We have no pass rush. 

I feel bad for our offense. They're playoff, if not championship caliber. The defense is holding them back. Gruden's lack of testicular fortitude to play to win and to can Guenther is holding them back. 

We should be 8-2 and in the driver's seat for the 2-seed right now, not 6-4 and fighting for the Wildcard. And we all know it. 

Edited by ronjon1990

Raiders defensive line on that game winning pass was just embarrassing. They stunted and it basically just put all four of them in a little box and Mahomes just moved to his right. 

To many scores allowed where it took KC less than 2 minutes. 

Carr was great. Like really great. This shows that they can play with the top dogs. 

Edited by agarcia34

Carr had one of his best games imo. Accurate, extended plays, ran when needed. The Agholor and Ingold drops killed drives and left valuable points off the board. If not for those I truly think we win this, even with this sorry *** D.

Another thing is we really missed Cle tonight. He's a good run Defender/Edge sealer and they got the edge at will tonight. Control your damn Covid crew Gruden. It's costing us players, money, wins and freaking draft picks.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Scheme and discipline aren't words our D understand. Even the playmakers we have on D are almost routinely flagged for things they should know not to do. Definitely placing some blame on Abram, but yeah it's Guenther 99%. He's the DC, he should have his guys knowing what not to do along with scheming better. 

It's a broken record at this point.

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 1

Good:

- The first game was not a "fluke" and if we had even a below-average defense we likely win this one. Playoffs are still possible but not going far

Ugly:

- How do you even begin fixing this defense? We make "good" signings only to bust (Kwit being the only major exception). Guys blowing/leaving their assignments. Ascending players have development just stall. Our record may end up being good enough to where keeping Guenther might be a possibility too. 

- Gruden keeps tripping me out on when he decides to trust players. I had no issue with the early FG but why trust a crappy defense to close out the game and not your best unit to score in the end-zone early on? The management of that final drive still infuriates me. You think Belichick lets Mahomes get the ball back with 5 mins left to close a game out?

5 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Carr had one of his best games imo. Accurate, extended plays, ran when needed. The Agholor and Ingold drops killed drives and left valuable points off the board. If not for those I truly think we win this, even with this sorry *** D.

Another thing is we really missed Cle tonight. He's a good run Defender/Edge sealer and they got the edge at will tonight. Control your damn Covid crew Gruden. It's costing us players, money, wins and freaking draft picks.

Yup. Hard to criticize the offense tonight but when playing Mahomes, you have to literally be almost perfect.  

The most important thing when playing Mahomes is time and possession of the football. He's going to score, but you have to limit the time he has. Even though we ended up scoring on that last drive, the Ingold drops were huge because we allowed them to preserve their timeouts. The Algholar drop was even bigger as we were coming off a rare stop of their O. 

Carr was game tonight. He showed he can go toe toe with the best. I can't believe how much he's improved.

• Like 1