Good, bad, ugly vs Kansas City

NYRaider

Good:

-we put up a fight and the SB Champs and one of the best team this year had to give it all to win

-Carr looked really good, really comfortable

-Waller looked good 

-OL held up in pass protection pretty well

Bad:

-the D 

-the drops

Ugly:

-Abram on that last TD play in cover

-Abram with another stupid penalty

I'm excited for our O.

I'm excited for our new D-Coord.

I really hope someone will do something about Abram's stupid penalties.

1 hour ago, Rolni said:

Good:

-we put up a fight and the SB Champs and one of the best team this year had to give it all to win

-Carr looked really good, really comfortable

-Waller looked good 

-OL held up in pass protection pretty well

Bad:

-the D 

-the drops

Ugly:

-Abram on that last TD play in cover

-Abram with another stupid penalty

I'm excited for our O.

I'm excited for our new D-Coord.

I really hope someone will do something about Abram's stupid penalties.

No doubt it was a stupid penalty & questionable on the TD play but if you are going to pick up on every mistake you should mention his open field tackle which forced the final TO for the Chiefs. 

Thought we played great especially on offense. Carr was terrific as was Waller and the Oline was excellent. Game came down to fine margins, critical drops by Agholor and Ingold and the defense inability to get off the field on 3rd and 4th down. 

Defense as per most of the year can’t create  pressure and looks soft against the run. Malik Collins has been a huge disappointment. Thought Arnette played well but obviously struggled when matched up with Kelce.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dessie said:

No doubt it was a stupid penalty & questionable on the TD play but if you are going to pick up on every mistake you should mention his open field tackle which forced the final TO for the Chiefs. 

Overall Abram is a great energy guy and he has 1 or 2 tone setting hit per game, but his coverage is a liability so far and his penalities start to be too much for me...

He needs to study film more and he needs to get better in coverage. He is a hard worker and this is his rookie year basically, so I have faith in this regard.

He needs to mature some and stop hurting his team with these penalities...I hope someone will talk with him about it...a guy like C-Wood would be valueable in a time like this as a veteran leader...

• Like 1

Offensively, we’re a very good football team. We score points, and do so while missing key OL players every week, and not utilizing our 1st round pick (which I have a problem with, but if we still score 30 every week is it justified?)

I’m actually surprised at how well we’ve played against the Chiefs in the two games this season, considering on paper I don’t think we match up well against them. Disappointed to lose, but not disheartened. We competed all game with an elite team.

I think the one real “ugly” is still Guenther, and I worry that the offense being good enough to carry us to a decent record masks his continual deficiencies as a coordinator. If we go 10-6 this season I struggle to believe Gruden will get rid of him, no matter how bad the defense has been. It’s a tough spot to be in in that sense.

Onto the next.

• Like 1

The Dline continues to be a problem. Losing Ferrell this week was huge. He's the best run defender and edge setter. 

I'm lost on how little impact Marinelli has had on the Dline. Including the complete bust of a FA signing Collins has been. What happened here? 

Guenther's defenses have always worked best with a great 3T and he's getting ZERO interior pressure from his team. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dessie said:

Thought we played great especially on offense. Carr was terrific as was Waller and the Oline was excellent. Game came down to fine margins, critical drops by Agholor and Ingold and the defense inability to get off the field on 3rd and 4th down. 

Defense as per most of the year can’t create  pressure and looks soft against the run. Malik Collins has been a huge disappointment. Thought Arnette played well but obviously struggled when matched up with Kelce.  

I think Arnette played fine to. Especially for the amount of games under his belt. Not sure why Johnson wasn't put on kelece more. His a little longer than arnette I think. I mean its kelece he a tough match up for anybody Especially when you can't get pressure. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

The Dline continues to be a problem. Losing Ferrell this week was huge. He's the best run defender and edge setter. 

I'm lost on how little impact Marinelli has had on the Dline. Including the complete bust of a FA signing Collins has been. What happened here? 

Guenther's defenses have always worked best with a great 3T and he's getting ZERO interior pressure from his team. 

Do you see the way he gets washed out of run plays to? Hurst and Irving should pretty much get all his snaps at this point. We 10 games in. It clearly was a bust signing and a bust hire. 

54 minutes ago, Rolni said:

Overall Abram is a great energy guy and he has 1 or 2 tone setting hit per game, but his coverage is a liability so far and his penalities start to be too much for me...

He needs to study film more and he needs to get better in coverage. He is a hard worker and this is his rookie year basically, so I have faith in this regard.

He needs to mature some and stop hurting his team with these penalities...I hope someone will talk with him about it...a guy like C-Wood would be valueable in a time like this as a veteran leader...

To be fair, Guenther shouldn't put him in that deep zone at that point of the game. Play to your players strengths. It's on him to know his responsibility, but Guenther has to go. 

I think the defense played ok I mean it is kc More specific kc after a bye and again defense held kc to 14 at the half making key stops when the offense stalled. Carr was on fire the drops tho killed us and allowed kc to get back in the game. Fg vs td would come back to haunt us. Anyone who thought this wouldn’t be a shootout was fooling themselves. We scored only a fg in the 2nd and 3rd qt that’s not gonna get it done vs kc. No way our defense holds kc under 30. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

Do you see the way he gets washed out of run plays to? Hurst and Irving should pretty much get all his snaps at this point. We 10 games in. It clearly was a bust signing and a bust hire. 

Collins is so garbage so weak in the middle and so useless. Weakest link on the team 

7 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

I'm not going to be this quick to judge. Marinelli is too highly regarded. To me, it's more Guenther's scheme. I have to imagine Marinelli is working within his framework or something. 

I'd actually like to see Marinelli take over for the playoff push. His defense was great in Dallas for 5 seasons. And that Dallas unit has dropped off considerably since he left. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I think the defense played ok I mean it is kc More specific kc after a bye and again defense held kc to 14 at the half making key stops when the offense stalled. Carr was on fire the drops tho killed us and allowed kc to get back in the game. Fg vs td would come back to haunt us. Anyone who thought this wouldn’t be a shootout was fooling themselves. We scored only a fg in the 2nd and 3rd qt that’s not gonna get it done vs kc. No way our defense holds kc under 30. 

Not talked about enough here.... Gruden had the O on the field on the 4th and goal. Until the bench got a penalized and backed them up 15. At that point, you have to take the 3. 

Which, ridiculous they get that penalty. But they were right in that Edwards was absolutely mugged in the endzone.

9 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Not talked about enough here.... Gruden had the O on the field on the 4th and goal. Until the bench got a penalized and backed them up 15. At that point, you have to take the 3. 

Which, ridiculous they get that penalty. But they were right in that Edwards was absolutely mugged in the endzone.

Kc was 2/2 on 4th down they played for td’s and the w. We stop those 4th downs we win. Lack of practice didn’t help. Edwards play was brutal tho. Mullens int before the half was clutch.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Yup. Hard to criticize the offense tonight but when playing Mahomes, you have to literally be almost perfect.  

The most important thing when playing Mahomes is time and possession of the football. He's going to score, but you have to limit the time he has. Even though we ended up scoring on that last drive, the Ingold drops were huge because we allowed them to preserve their timeouts. The Algholar drop was even bigger as we were coming off a rare stop of their O. 

Carr was game tonight. He showed he can go toe toe with the best. I can't believe how much he's improved.

***removed

Anyone that EVER doubted Carr is retarded. He is literally the perfect, prototype QB that has been surrounded with a garbage heap of a supporting cast and a revolving door of coaches and OC's.

I have never and will never waver on my statement that Carr is better than Mahomes. I DEFINITELY swung and missed on my evaluation of Mahomes, he is lightyears better then I expected coming out. But Mahomes just had the perfect scenario, you switch Mahomes and Carr Jersey's the last 3.5 years and Carr has more wins better stats and more rings then Mahomes put up.