MNF: Rams vs Bucs

rocky_rams

I don't usually do hot takes, and generally I'm a very conservative predictor, however I do believe this;

This forum and the sports media as a whole are too low on the LA Rams. The Rams are a dark horse defined. When they took the lead in the West, all the media could talk about was Kyler Murray at the time. They rebound from losses really well, they secretly have the best pass defense, they own Seattle, if Goff isn't under pressure their offense is on easy mode. I think looking at the schedule, they're going to win the West.

I think LAR win tonight, as well. 27-24

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 6

I didn't like the matchup going into the Tampa Bay game last season and it proved to be the case. We couldn't run the ball: Gurley and Brown had like 30 yards between them. Goff nearly had 70 attempted passes and threw for over 500 yards. Jameis played really well too - cooked our CBs in Marcus Peters and Aqib Talib. This was the game that got Peters tossed out of LA - he had a pick 6 but busted coverage so often that it was evident that he was playing for himself. 

This year we have a much improved running game in Henderson, Akers and Brown. The scheme is a lot stronger and the line is a lot better in the run game. The secondary as a whole is probably our strongest unit: we are number one in yards per attempt, number one in yards allowed and allowed the least amount of passing touchdowns. The Bucs have the best receiving core in football, so it's not to say that its not going to be tough but the best play the best tonight in that regard. 

The loss of Whitworth will no doubt plague us. Noteboom has flashed and disappointed in equal measure in the snaps he's had in the NFL to date. He's really got to step up on the big stage tonight. 

All in all, I am not confident about facing this Bucs team but I do like the matchup a lot more this year than last year. It's a big game for both teams, but I feel the Rams need the win more. 

4 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I don't usually do hot takes, and generally I'm a very conservative predictor, however I do believe this;

This forum and the sports media as a whole are too low on the LA Rams. The Rams are a dark horse defined. When they took the lead in the West, all the media could talk about was Kyler Murray at the time. They rebound from losses really well, they secretly have the best pass defense, they own Seattle, if Goff isn't under pressure their offense is on easy mode. I think looking at the schedule, they're going to win the West.

I agree with you. And the McVay Rams have beaten the Cardinals by at least two scores in every game except week 17 last year - it was always odd to me that people were putting them above the Rams at the start of the season.

Except about tonight. I think we're going to get stomped. I trust the d but I don't trust Goff, and the OL is overmatched. 

I think we can beat every team in the NFL except Pitt and Tampa - their pass rush is just going to be too much for our OL

5 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I totally agree with people being down on the Rams but I think it had to do with coming off of last season where at best things was up and down. At worse things were bad highlighted by the three terrible loses to the Niners, Ravens, and Cowboys. Then in the offseason the Rams lose both coordinators, Gurley, and Cooks. It was assumed that it would be a mini-rebuild in a division where Seattle and the Niners where both great and the Cards were going to take that leap especially getting Hopkins which looks to be the best offseason move. Vegas had the Rams with 8.5 wins which was middle of the pack, I saw people on here saying (5-11), (6-10), at best (9-7). 

Now as for tonights game. I hope you are right. This was a game I circled for the Rams to loss. Im not going to come away from this game disappointed unless the Rams stink up the joint. If its a close winnable game in the 4th quarter but the Rams just fall short Ill be ok with it. I think the game against Seattle last week was huge, then I look at the next two weeks against the Niners and Cards as huge. I think them two plus the Pats and Jets so the next 4 games for the Rams I could see (3-1) MAYBE even (4-0) so tonight to me isnt going to change how I feel about the Rams moving forward unless *knock on wood* major injuries happen. I hope everyone stays healthy tonight. But yeah Im saying 28-20 Bucs. I do have hope though because the Bucs dont play well on primetime as they lost to the Saints and Bears and nearly lost to the Giants. They are so bad that they have to practice at night to get ready for this game. I dont think Ive ever heard of that. Not to mention the Bucs will be without Marpet so that means Donald is going to feast tonight. I know that he has never sacked Brady but its funny because he has never sacked Dak UNTIL this season. He has never sacked Foles (if Im not mistaken) UNTIL this season. He did both on national tv primetime so I expect him to sack Brady not just once but twice. Plus the Rams have shown they can run on anyone if McVay just hands the ball off. I think tonight should be all about the run with Akers, Henderson, and Brown. Not just because Whit is out and you want to make life easier for Noteboom, but to keep Brady off the field as much as possible. Then when Goff does playaction it will slow down the pass rush and attack the weakest part of the Bucs defense which is their secondary. Should be interesting tonight for sure but again I hope you are right about the Rams winning tonight. 

Funny thing is I heard Eric Dickerson called Brady an old a$$ man and he said the last time an old QB played against the Rams in a Arians offense was Carson Palmer and he told one of his buddies this is going to be the last time we see Palmer and that was in London because the Rams ended his career that game. Not saying its going to happen to Brady but if he want to survive Arians CANNOT let him sit back there trying to go down the field alot tonight against the Rams defense. Run the ball and throw quick. It worked with the Patriots. Plus Brady has only completed 1 yes 1 pass of 20yds or more in the last 2 games. The Rams are only allowing 16% of completed passing of 20yds or more and thats by far best in the NFL. Its not going to work its only going to get Brady killed. 

Edited by stl4life07
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

. Plus Brady has only completed 1 yes 1 pass of 20yds or more in the last 2 games. The Rams are only allowing 16% of completed passing of 20yds or more and thats by far best in the NFL. Its not going to work its only going to get Brady killed. 

This might be true, but on the season Brady is 11th in Average Completed Air Yards. One above Wilson,  five above Mahomes. 

I trust the Rams pass defense, but don't rule out Brady wanting to sling it downfield just yet. 

• Like 1

This game will come down to which pocket QB will crumble under the pressure the most, and how much will it benefit the other team. I know both teams have exciting offenses, but I think the defenses are more impressive. Both are capable of ruining a great offense, but which one will prevail? 
I am picking the Rams to win, but I’m just not feeling it right now. 

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

I don't see us winning this one. Think every other game is winnable, but this is a bad matchup for us, especially with Whit out.

Yes Whit is a big loss but I think Noteboom will be ready. Same way last season when Edwards and Evans had to step in and they did a nice job especially in that MNF game against the Bears. That’s why the Rams drafted Noteboom and he has been developing and learning for this moment tonight because eventually he will be the guy once Whit retires. 

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

This might be true, but on the season Brady is 11th in Average Completed Air Yards. One above Wilson,  five above Mahomes. 

I trust the Rams pass defense, but don't rule out Brady wanting to sling it downfield just yet. 

Yeah I think Brady will take shots down the field but I think if the game plan is to do that often tonight it’s going to be interesting to see how that’s going to work out considering the Rams have been excellent stopping the deep ball. 

10 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I agree. They've flown under the radar all season amongst the "Let Russ Cook" and "Murray MVP" narratives. If i trusted Goff more they'd be my NFC pick for the Superbowl.

• Like 1