MNF: Rams vs Bucs

rocky_rams

Man I don't even know what to think right now, I'm so disappointed in Tom. Biggest Brady fan out there and I do put a lot of blame on BA and Leftwich but you can't be that inaccurate down the field, I hope he just focusses on his deep ball for the next couple weeks. Also Tom needs to take less deep shots, someone needs to explain that to Bruce Arians, you can't win championships with that Madden System.  

5 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

The thing about McVay's system is that he likes to use ALOT of play-action and that requires a working run game to work consistently. You can't keep running a PA and relying on your pass game when the defense doesn't respect the run game 

I agree. Tonight Goff was in shotgun a lot which was something new. That was because the Rams couldn’t run so no need to be under center. I was baffled why Bowles played zone? Goff would have so much time and they have the receivers in Kupp and Woods to carve them up which both did. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Maybe in a utopia world of football, maybe. But as it stands. 

QB>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>everyone else.

While this is true, AD is having his best season IMO - the last two games he hasn't had a sack. Hasn't stuffed the stat sheet.

But we completely shut down Wilson and Brady.

Last week, Floyd had three sacks. This week, Fuller had two INTs. Morgan Fox should have had a sack/fumble. Bears fans didn't want Floyd. Fuller was a 6th round pick. Fox is a rotational guy. Those are just some examples, but this has been happening all year. We have the number one defense and number two scoring d - and it all stems from the attention he gets, which allows average players to excel.

What's truly filthy is our second half defense. I think we've given up more points off turnovers than traditional drives.

3 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I agree. Tonight Goff was in shotgun a lot which was something new. That was because the Rams couldn’t run so no need to be under center. I was baffled why Bowles played zone? Goff would have so much time and they have the receivers in Kupp and Woods to carve them up which both did. 

It made sense to me to run zone. They wanted to blitz. If they ran man and tried to blitz, McVay could use the bunch sets and pick routes. Frankly, the protection got it done tonight. There's not a lot you can do as a D when the other team is blocking your rushers and giving the QB time.

4 minutes ago, JohnCena said:

Man I don't even know what to think right now, I'm so disappointed in Tom. Biggest Brady fan out there and I do put a lot of blame on BA and Leftwich but you can't be that inaccurate down the field, I hope he just focusses on his deep ball for the next couple weeks. Also Tom needs to take less deep shots, someone needs to explain that to Bruce Arians, you can't win championships with that Madden System.  

I think people will group this in with his other primetime performances, but I wouldn't. We held Seattle to 16 points and their previous low was 27. Our d is just really good.

1 minute ago, JohnCena said:

I think Arians trying to fit his system to Brady and not let Brady do what is comfortable to him. Unless Brady is trying to make it work to show the world he can do it now he has great weapons. Either way I said if the Bucs was going to go down field a lot it was going to be a long day because the Rams are best by a mile defending the deep ball. Bucs 1/9 2 ints on passes 15+yds and 0/6 2 ints on passes 20+yds. Crappy game plan and I don’t know why they kept doing it. It’s not going to work in the playoffs either if they have to see the Saints or Rams again. They have to fix it but sadly I don’t think they will and it’s going to cost them this season.

5 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Yeah tonight it worked out because Mcvay was going against a heavy blitz system (Bowles) so it made sense. But I don't think it's a reliable scheme against most defenses IMO.

2 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

While this is true, AD is having his best season IMO - the last two games he hasn't had a sack. Hasn't stuffed the stat sheet.

But we completely shut down Wilson and Brady.

Last week, Floyd had three sacks. This week, Fuller had two INTs. Morgan Fox should have had a sack/fumble. Bears fans didn't want Floyd. Fuller was a 6th round pick. Fox is a rotational guy. Those are just some examples, but this has been happening all year. We have the number one defense and number two scoring d - and it all stems from the attention he gets, which allows average players to excel.

What's truly filthy is our second half defense. I think we've given up more points off turnovers than traditional drives.

I wasn't talking about AD as a player but rather how the voters judge MVP. FYI, I don't agree with their logic. 

Just now, stl4life07 said:

I think Arians trying to fit his system to Brady and not let Brady do what is comfortable to him. Unless Brady is trying to make it work to show the world he can do it now he has great weapons. Either way I said if the Bucs was going to go down field a lot it was going to be a long day because the Rams are best by a mile defending the deep ball. Bucs 1/9 2 ints on passes 15+yds and 0/6 2 ints on passes 20+yds. Crappy game plan and I don’t know why they kept doing it. It’s not going to work in the playoffs either if they have to see the Saints or Rams again. They have to fix it but sadly I don’t think they will and it’s going to cost them this season.

Yeah they need to cut down on the deep shots, but with that talent you can't eliminate deep passes because with the weapons Tampa has Tom has to connect on some of those deep routes. But honestly to me this just comes down to gameplan and coaching you can't come out every series in the second half down only 1 score and continuously take deep shots for no reason, I keep thinking if Belichik and co were coaching this team it'd be 11-0 easily. 

For all the Belichik vs Brady comparisons people had I think this season just proves they were a DUO and the best duo in the history of sports. I honestly wish Brady stayed in New England because he could honestly be 7-3/4 with this team in New England in my opinion and come playoffs you just now Bill and Brady would find a way to win. For example if Brady was down a field goal with 2 and half minutes to go in New England even with that receiving core I bet you he finds a way to win.

This Bruce Arians System just isn't it, not just for Tom but no QB can consistently win playing like that. 

• Like 1

Man this season is so hard my team the Patriots have a losing record for the first time in forever, and Bruce Arians is making my favorite player of all time look like an idiot. I'm still pulling for Brady to find a way to win #7 somehow! IK he has the grit and determination to overcome these losses and roadblocks along the way, I just don't know if he can overcome the horrible system that Bruce Arians runs. 

• Like 1

Arians is a moron when it comes to offensive playcalling.   He constantly puts his QBs in bad situations and calls long developing routes and deep passes.   His offense is reliant on big plays.    Brady is not a great fit for his system.   If he couldve somehow gotten Tannehill a couple years ago, he would probably have better results.  

Regardless of QB, Arians shouldnt be calling plays.    He is good at developing QBs and other talent, but has never been a good coordinator or offensive playcaller.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I don't usually do hot takes, and generally I'm a very conservative predictor, however I do believe this;

This forum and the sports media as a whole are too low on the LA Rams. The Rams are a dark horse defined. When they took the lead in the West, all the media could talk about was Kyler Murray at the time. They rebound from losses really well, they secretly have the best pass defense, they own Seattle, if Goff isn't under pressure their offense is on easy mode. I think looking at the schedule, they're going to win the West.

I think LAR win tonight, as well. 27-24

cc69a5e7edd30cbcebb172da886d9958.gif

• Like 4