MNF: Rams vs Bucs

2 hours ago, 43M said:

Arians is a moron when it comes to offensive playcalling.   He constantly puts his QBs in bad situations and calls long developing routes and deep passes.   His offense is reliant on big plays.    Brady is not a great fit for his system.   If he couldve somehow gotten Tannehill a couple years ago, he would probably have better results.  

Regardless of QB, Arians shouldnt be calling plays.    He is good at developing QBs and other talent, but has never been a good coordinator or offensive playcaller.

Bruce Arians runs the dumbest system in the NFL. I still have nightmares about his idiot disciple Freddie Kitchens.

3 hours ago, JohnCena said:

Yeah they need to cut down on the deep shots, but with that talent you can't eliminate deep passes because with the weapons Tampa has Tom has to connect on some of those deep routes. But honestly to me this just comes down to gameplan and coaching you can't come out every series in the second half down only 1 score and continuously take deep shots for no reason, I keep thinking if Belichik and co were coaching this team it'd be 11-0 easily. 

For all the Belichik vs Brady comparisons people had I think this season just proves they were a DUO and the best duo in the history of sports. I honestly wish Brady stayed in New England because he could honestly be 7-3/4 with this team in New England in my opinion and come playoffs you just now Bill and Brady would find a way to win. For example if Brady was down a field goal with 2 and half minutes to go in New England even with that receiving core I bet you he finds a way to win.

This Bruce Arians System just isn't it, not just for Tom but no QB can consistently win playing like that. 

The total abandonment of the running game baffles me. It's not like they were down by much at any point last night either. You cannot be one-dimensional, unless you are the 07 Pats or the 13 Broncos - and STILL those teams ran the ball more than this Bucs do when they're not winning. 

Arians is a bit stupid, IMO. He's forgotten more than I know, of course, he's far more inteliigent than any of us when it comes to football - but that doesn't mean we cant point out the obvious flawes. 

But also, whilst we're being honest - I'm sick of Tom's careless throws now. He only started doing that in his final season with us, before that he took care of the ball really well and he was very intelligent with the ball. He's thrown that out the window now.

Edited by Hunter2_1
15 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Bruce Arians runs the dumbest system in the NFL. I still have nightmares about his idiot disciple Freddie Kitchens.

Sorry but Doug Pederson is giving both Arians and Kitchens a run for his money. It's like he's turned into Coach Klien from the Waterboy without his playbook  

Man, I honestly thought early on it was going to be one of those nights. Two really bad DPI calls against Ramsey that saved Brady from walking of the field and resulted in 2 touchdowns was hard to take. The first half was all about the Rams offense, Goff was damn near perfect in the first half. The second half, as we've had in EVERY game this season, was all about the defense. I think this Rams second half defense is one of the greatest we've ever seen in the NFL - I kinda joke, but also not: 46 points allowed in the second half of games this season, 300 minutes. 7 points of that came after a horrible DPI call against Williams in the Bills game. The refs called delay of game with time still on the clock and ruled a fumble in the end zone as an incomplete pass. It was honestly a terribly officiated game and I was always thinking that it just wasn't going to be our day. 

A win is huge, puts us top of the NFC West and McVay has a put right game against Shanahan next week.  I called 10-6 before the season started and up until last night that was still my prediction. I'm now thinking 11-5 or 12-4 may not be totally out of our reach. We may even win the division which I didn't expect. 

On 11/23/2020 at 2:35 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

This forum and the sports media as a whole are too low on the LA Rams. The Rams are a dark horse defined.

I noticed this early on - and I wanted to argue it - but you're right, this Rams team is incredibly balanced and can beat teams in different ways.

The Rams might be in the drivers' seat now - they're not the dark horse, they're the elephant trampling around the NFC.

17 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I noticed this early on - and I wanted to argue it - but you're right, this Rams team is incredibly balanced and can beat teams in different ways.

The Rams might be in the drivers' seat now - they're not the dark horse, they're the elephant trampling around the NFC.

Ya. There is something to watch though, however it probably doesn't matter now that they've proven they can beat TB in TB - it's that a WC team will be playing the winner of the NFC East. Therefore the winner of NFC W will probably play a team like Tampa or Minnesota (tougher game than vs Dallas or Philie or NYG). But LAR have proven they can beat those types of team anyway.

Edited by Hunter2_1

The game wasn't as close as the score indicates. Refs certainly played a part in that. 

With that said, this Bucs offense lives of explosive plays, and the Rams did a good job, both covering downfield, and pressuring Brady. 

On the other side, Tampa was letting them have YAC, by letting them catch short and missing a lot of tackles. It was way more death by a thousand cuts, but that's definitely the Rams' style, and played to their advantage. 

Not sure if Tampa wasn't willing or able to man up on those Rams' receivers, but they needed to tighten it up. 

3 minutes ago, kramxel said:

The game wasn't as close as the score indicates. Refs certainly played a part in that. 

With that said, this Bucs offense lives of explosive plays, and the Rams did a good job, both covering downfield, and pressuring Brady. 

On the other side, Tampa was letting them have YAC, by letting them catch short and missing a lot of tackles. It was way more death by a thousand cuts, but that's definitely the Rams' style, and played to their advantage. 

Not sure if Tampa wasn't willing or able to man up on those Rams' receivers, but they needed to tighten it up. 

Tampa should have done more of what the Rams did. They have plenty of good under options, but they choose to go for huge chunk plays all the time. It's not Hi-Lo reads, it's Hi-Hi-throw Hi anyway

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, kramxel said:

Watching the Bucs trying to cover Kupp was like watching the Rams trying to cover Edelman in the Super Bowl. Just a very impressive WR output from Kupp and Woods, the Bucs' secondary had no answer for LA's passing attack. 

Digging how the Rams huddle til the last second then quickly jump into formation and hike the ball immediately. Does this strategy have a nickname? It's the offensive version of the 0 cover blitz.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Ya. There is something to watch though, however it probably doesn't matter now that they've proven they can beat TB in TB - it's that a WC team will be playing the winner of the NFC East. Therefore the winner of NFC W will probably play a team like Tampa or Minnesota (tougher game than vs Dallas or Philie or NYG). But LAR have proven they can beat those types of team anyway.

My only real concern with them was the loss of Andrew Withworth, but yesterday showed me that OL can still perform at a pretty high level.

This is going to be a tough team to beat.

8 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Outside of the second INT, I thought he played well. 

He did, but you know people only focus on the one or two memorable plays when forming an opinion of a player for the entire game. 

8 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Can't expect a QB to throw the ball 50 times in a game and not have 1 or 2 bad throws. He had no run game to work with. Blocking was great though.

Exactly. There are very few QB in the NFL who can play a perfect game and even less that can do it with pressure in their face (which Goff didn't have much of last night, but is a constant knock on him). Goff is a very good QB. He's not Patrick Mahommes or Russell Wilson, but he's talented enough to win as long as Mcvay sets him up to succeed. 

7 hours ago, NYRamsFan88 said:

I was saying this to other Rams fans here a while back about HCs putting their QBs in a position to succeed... McVay has tendencies to put Goff in not so good situations, but he did a good job tonight, Arians on the other hand didn’t do Brady any favors.. you can have 6 rings or no rings, if you don’t have a coach that puts you in manageable scenarios, you won’t maintain success at all...

I noticed last night that Goff had a lot more power at the LOS than he usually does. It seemed like Mcvay wanted him to actually have the ability to dissect the defense which is something I've been waiting to see for a long time. 

Goff was damn near perfect in the first half. The best he's played for a long time. 21/25 for 212 yards and 2 TDs. 

He didn't play as well in the second half, but I think there was a few factors. It's hard when we can't run the ball - we had the same issue against Tampa last season and lost despite Goff throwing for 500+ yards. The whole series before the second INT was a mess. The Bucs rush defense was something else last night (and have been all season) so we needed Goff to carry us to win. It wasn't the best second half, but he did enough and got us over the line. 

4 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

The total abandonment of the running game baffles me. It's not like they were down by much at any point last night either. You cannot be one-dimensional, unless you are the 07 Pats or the 13 Broncos - and STILL those teams ran the ball more than this Bucs do when they're not winning. 

Arians is a bit stupid, IMO. He's forgotten more than I know, of course, he's far more inteliigent than any of us when it comes to football - but that doesn't mean we cant point out the obvious flawes. 

But also, whilst we're being honest - I'm sick of Tom's careless throws now. He only started doing that in his final season with us, before that he took care of the ball really well and he was very intelligent with the ball. He's thrown that out the window now.

From a casual perspective, It almost looks like Tom stopped taking the game as seriously, and wanted to go have fun and play backyard ball with his bff Gronk and buddy AB down in Tampa, with a coach that’s gonna let them sling it around.

I know that isn’t true of course, but he certainly doesn’t look like the Tom from a few years ago, despite being fine physically for the most part.