Week 12: New York Giants @ Cincinnati Bengals

Acgott

We were 3 point underdogs before Burrow got hurt? 

I can't remember the last time I was excited in the way I currently am for a Giants game. We should rinse the Bengals. We match up super favorably and are trending upward; I felt this way before Burrow got hurt. Patrick Graham schemes up some crazy stuff; I was looking forward to trying to confuse a rookie QB with these looks.

The Bengals defense is a mess, but Jessie Bates is a supremely underrated player. Just stay away from him and we should be fine.

• Like 1

Damn u Acgott you beat me to the thread again. All good though, im high on us to win this one. I think its fair to say without Burrow and even Joe Mixon playing our chances are greatly improved upon. We get both Xmen back in this week for practice. Interested to see if JJ puts McKinney out there for a few plays to let him get his reps in. Were jelling at the right time and i feel if we put the hurt on in this one its gonna establish the Giants are no longer a team to be taken lightly. You might ask well didn't we prove that against the Eagles? Yes to an extent but if u wanna show where u are as a club on the rise, u go out and put the smack down on a team that is banged up like the Bengals. 

Gmen 34 - Bengals 19

Edited by Giants4eva
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Giants4eva said:

Damn u Acgott you beat me to the thread again. All good though, im high on us to win this one. I think its fair to say without Burrow and even Joe Mixon playing our chances are greatly improved upon. We get both Xmen back in this week for practice. Interested to see if JJ puts McKinney out there for a few play to let him get his reps in. Were jelling at the right time and i feel if we put the hurt on in this one its gonna establish the Giants are no longer a team to be taken lightly. You might ask well didnt we prove that against the Eagles? Yes to an extent but u wanna show where u are as a club on the rise, u go out and put the smack down on a team that is banged up like here with the Bengals. 

Gmen 34 - Bengals 19

Guess I haven't been following to close...I thought McKinney was on IR.  If this kid is healthy, I'd love to see him get some playing time.  After all he was our early second rounder.

If they did what would that secondary look like?

Oh and @Acgott is the speed racer of posting.

28 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Guess I haven't been following to close...I thought McKinney was on IR.  If this kid is healthy, I'd love to see him get some playing time.  After all he was our early second rounder.

If they did what would that secondary look like?

Oh and @Acgott is the speed racer of posting.

For this year only, the IR was changed from season long to 3 week minimum.

Im sure they will introduce McKinney in slowly with limited snaps. It will also make sure we keep Nate Ebner off our defense

1 hour ago, Acgott said:

For this year only, the IR was changed from season long to 3 week minimum.

Im sure they will introduce McKinney in slowly with limited snaps. It will also make sure we keep Nate Ebner off our defense

Did not know this....thanks for the valuable info.

Has he been released to play by the docs yet?

I hate to rain on everyone's parade... I feel confident about this game, too. But there's still a good to fair chance DJ can throw a game with a handful of a boneheaded plays. I hope he keeps his head on the way it has been the last two games. But we're still at the point where we just don't know which DJ is going to show up. I hope it's the one of the last two week. If it is, should be a comfortable win.

7 hours ago, w4rrior723 said:

I hate to rain on everyone's parade... I feel confident about this game, too. But there's still a good to fair chance DJ can throw a game with a handful of a boneheaded plays. I hope he keeps his head on the way it has been the last two games. But we're still at the point where we just don't know which DJ is going to show up. I hope it's the one of the last two week. If it is, should be a comfortable win.

The WFT OL looked like a bunch of all-pros against the Bengals DL. They will be easily the worst defensive front we've gone against all year. DJ should have plenty of time, and he's consistently put up very good performances from clean pockets all year. Last week, he was 18/18 from a clean pocket. We aren't good enough for any game to be a trap game and I don't think the players are looking ahead past any opponent; we are still 3-7.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, w4rrior723 said:

But there's still a good to fair chance DJ can throw a game with a handful of a boneheaded plays.

A good to fair chance?! DJ is not where most people with unrealistic expectations want him to be, but to say there is a good to fair chance that he can throw the game away is bit much. Everyone knows what I have said about DJ, he did not have a true offseason, but on top of that he faced good defensive to start the first half of the season. Now,  we are facing some teams that do have great defensive unit like the Bengals. 

When people here were already deciding what DJ is, saying his ceiling is Ryan Tannehill, calling him Jameis Winston 2.0 and wishing  instead we had of all people Carson Wentz and his 4 year 128,000,000 with 107,970,683 of it guaranteed , I was saying give the kid time to grow. Now surprise surprise, time has passed and he has grown. What do teams do during the bye that have a good coaching staff, they get better, DJ should be better. I would be shocked if DJ is the reason we lose against the Bengals. 

This team is too hungry and has let too many wins slip away from them to over look the Bengals.

Giants 27  - Bengals 13

I'm definitely not saying DJ is a bust or even that he will throw the game. I'm just saying that two weeks of clean play after so many turnovers isn't enough for me to have full confidence that he's past those issues. I see a lot of great things in him and hope to continue to see him progress. I just wouldn't be that surprised if it's a "2 steps forward, 1 step back" type of situation. I hope he can keep his progress linear, though. We'll see.

• Like 1

You couldn't ask for a much better matchup coming off a bye week. The Bengals' lack of a pass rush suggests the run game can get going early and Jones can continue to build up some confidence in the pocket. I was also looking forward to seeing our defense against Burrow but we'll have to settle for Ryan Finley. I'm confident that Judge won't let our guys look past this team.

Tae Crowder is practicing again and could be back soon. We might even have a Xavier McKinney sighting. It feels good to be this excited about Giants football again.

• Like 2