Week 12: New York Giants @ Cincinnati Bengals

Acgott

So apparently the Bengals are going to start Brandon Allen against us instead of Ryan Finley. Strange move; what's the point of a backup QB if he isn't the backup? He started 3 games last year for the Broncos, going 1-3 in them with 46% completion, 515 yards passing, 3 touchdowns, and 2 interceptions. He was also sacked 9 times. He's got some movement abilities and has shown more than Ryan Finley, although the 2019 Broncos were better than the 2019 Bengals. He seems relatively fearless in throwing the ball up for his guys. I'm expecting a simplified offense designed for easy completions. Changes a lot of things up for Graham; against Burrow, you want to try to confuse him pre-snap and show a bunch of different stuff. Against Allen, you are going to want to have the defense plaster the receivers off the ball and get to the QB. Allen is not going to be making an pre-snap reads. He's going to have 1 target to throw to on a given pass play and he'll throw it to him whether he is open or not. OLB coach Bielema coached Allen in college, so there is some familiarity there.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, minutemancl said:

So apparently the Bengals are going to start Brandon Allen against us instead of Ryan Finley. Strange move; what's the point of a backup QB if he isn't the backup? He started 3 games last year for the Broncos, going 1-3 in them with 46% completion, 515 yards passing, 3 touchdowns, and 2 interceptions. He was also sacked 9 times. He's got some movement abilities and has shown more than Ryan Finley, although the 2019 Broncos were better than the 2019 Bengals. He seems relatively fearless in throwing the ball up for his guys. I'm expecting a simplified offense designed for easy completions. Changes a lot of things up for Graham; against Burrow, you want to try to confuse him pre-snap and show a bunch of different stuff. Against Allen, you are going to want to have the defense plaster the receivers off the ball and get to the QB. Allen is not going to be making an pre-snap reads. He's going to have 1 target to throw to on a given pass play and he'll throw it to him whether he is open or not. OLB coach Bielema coached Allen in college, so there is some familiarity there.

Glad you're back old friend. Hope all is well

• Like 1

1 hour ago, y*so*blu said:

And Dallas gets blown out by some Football Team! This division continues to make no sense--not that I'm complaining. If it did, we'd have been out of the playoff race long ago.

Washington winning was the best case for us. We hold the tiebreaker over them. We need to take care of business on Sunday, and hope the Seahawks do the same on Monday

2 hours ago, Giants4eva said:

Man Washington didn't just win that game, they annihilated Dallas. I have to tip my hat to Alex Smith. He has played incredible since he's been back on the field for them 

He’s a great story, but he had 150 yards yesterday 

• Like 1