Week 12: VIKINGS (4-6) vs. Panthers (4-7)

swede700

Since we're pretty much out of playoff hopes, I'm back rooting for the better draft pick (currently 12th).

We could get back to the top-10 if Carolina (10th) beats us.

Dallas (4th) and Washington (5th) play each other so one of those teams will go to 4 wins.

Detroit (11th) and Houston (9th) play each other so one of those teams will end up with another win

12 hours ago, Purplexing said:

Pre-emptive, obligatory knee-jerk reaction to projected loss to Carolina:

CUT {insert name of goat after game is complete and Viking player with most mistakes is known}!!! 

FIRE ZIMMER!!! 

FIRE TEN-PICK RICK!!!

FIRE ZYGI!!!

I'll have you know that my desire for the team to move on from Rick Spielman was not near knee-jerk. I like a lot of the things that he has done so was very slow and deliberate in coming to the conclusion that I want Wilf to fire him.

48 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

I'll have you know that my desire for the team to move on from Rick Spielman was not near knee-jerk. I like a lot of the things that he has done so was very slow and deliberate in coming to the conclusion that I want Wilf to fire him.

Like company CEO's, I think GM's and Coaching staff's have a 10 year shelf life these days.  I think Spielman expiration date is due and Zimmer's coming up soon.

It's going to be fun to see Teddy in action again and not playing for the Saints.  It's really something how much love the Minnesota fan base has for him.  I hope he can feel the love - even if it's just from our cardboard cutout fans in the stands!  At this point, I don't really know what to think about winning or losing, so I'll just hope for an entertaining game with no major injuries and let the chips fall where they may.

• Like 3

On 11/25/2020 at 1:59 PM, SteelKing728 said:

There are always exceptions to the rule though!

Look at Belichick, Tomlin and Payton.

I agree.  However, the person following long term leaders are often criticized for not being like their predecessor.  Who remembers the coaches that followed Don Shula, Paul Brown, Joe Gibbs or Bill Walsh?  We might remember their names, but they didn't live up to the legacy of their predecessors.  Of course, there is an exception to this rule...very rare...the Pittsburg Steelers.  Over the last 40 years they have had only three head coaches.  Those coaches have eight Super Bowl appearances between them winning six of them.  To me, this is the better definition of success for a football team, than what the Patriots have done in the Belichick era.

On 11/25/2020 at 10:17 AM, Virginia Viking said:

Like company CEO's, I think GM's and Coaching staff's have a 10 year shelf life these days.  I think Spielman expiration date is due and Zimmer's coming up soon.

Keep Slick Rick and let Zimmer go for me personally. I think Rick has done a pretty good job at being a GM and seems to be getting better at finding OL. 

• Like 1