2020 Week #12 GDT Steelers vs. Ravens

Steeler Hitman

1 hour ago, BlaqOptic said:

This. I have seriously lost respect for just about every Ravens' poser on this forum except for M.10.E this season. Between the constantly whining in the first game, the perpetual victimhood concerning the COVID situation despite their team being in the wrong, and the incessant complaining in this weeks' GDT... Just a pathetic fanbase. Pisses me off that one troll (RayReed) can literally just throw insults, get called out by ET, and still not get in trouble. Bunch of jackasses to be honest.

And the thing is, most Steeler fans arent acting like this team is special, especially on here.   Most of us realize and admit we are a very beatable team, despite the record.   If WE were acting like Ravens fans acted last year, Id get it...but all I see is how supposedly overrated this team is....but how are they overrated when most people dont think they are as good as their record suggests?    That includes media, most Steeler fans and obviously, other teams fans.   Who exactly is overrating them?

Its just funny hearing some of those clowns claim "You guys could barely beat us even with Lamar out", considering...

1)   We already beat them this year with Lamar (who sucked vs us), and...

2) They needed OT last year to beat a Mason Rudolph led Steeler team.

These teams play each other close pretty much every time, regardless of team quality.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 43M said:

And the thing is, most Steeler fans arent acting like this team is special, especially on here.   Most of us realize and admit we are a very beatable team, despite the record.   If WE were acting like Ravens fans acted last year, Id get it...but all I see is how supposedly overrated this team is....but how are they overrated when most people dont think they are as good as their record suggests?    That includes media, most Steeler fans and obviously, other teams fans.   Who exactly is overrating them?

Its just funny hearing some of those clowns claim "You guys could barely beat us even with Lamar out", considering...

1)   We already beat them this year with Lamar (who sucked vs us), and...

2) They needed OT last year to beat a Mason Rudolph led Steeler team.

These teams play each other close pretty much every time, regardless of team quality.

To add onto it. Ravens have beat us with Ryan mallet as QB. An old and regressed chucky batch beat a solid ravens team in his last game of his career as a start.
Harbaugh and Tomlin have been going at for how many years now? Thats the main reason why it’s always tough. Rare to see two coaches in the same division that can battle it for over a decade. 

10 hours ago, warfelg said:

This game SHOULD of been done by mid fourth quarter. The lack of football 101 isn’t just on the coaches. This is the downside of having a young, but talented, WR group. One of the ways to get humbled in this game is embarrassing yourself. I hope they felt that instead of “well... we got the W”. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, August4th said:

"steelers are the worse 11-0 team ever" - AFC North rival fan

2f7.jpg

I’ve been saying this for a while now, I don’t blame any rival for spouting it out. At the end of the day they’re still 11-0. So I guess they’re doing something right. Hopefully they keep finding ways to win clear through the playoffs.

I didn’t watch a whole lot of the game, most listened since I was working. I do feel like the Ravens got shafted at the end of both half’s with the non-call for delay of game and the spot at the end looked mighty generous to me. Overall an ugly game. Glad to see Tomlin fired up in post-game interviews. 

Buds injury is killer, he was putting together a great season. Doubt we see him in a Steelers uniform again. Down to half our starting linebackers, yeeesh. Going to get a good look at Highsmith. He’s been solid in limited time, so here’s to hoping.

4 minutes ago, Neumatic said:

I do feel like the Ravens got shafted at the end of both half’s with the non-call for delay of game and the spot at the end looked mighty generous to me

So on these two parts:

- Every team would have tried what VWill did. For a guy that tries to find loopholes all the time (remember the TE lining up inside the OT and still able to release), Harbaugh whines so much when others do it to him. 

- He’s got to be a better coach there. Remind players since we  are running inside 0:20 to pull anyone and everyone off the pile. If it causes a scuffle walk away. At least that would get the clock to stop. 

- Piss poor clock management doesn’t make me feel bad. Don’t burn your last TO then call a run play inside 0:20. Just a completely stupid decision. 

- The spot was funny. The side judges originally set it about 6 inches short, a Ravens player pushed it back a touch, then the back judge moved it forward again but to the line to gain. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

- Every team would have tried what VWill did. For a guy that tries to find loopholes all the time (remember the TE lining up inside the OT and still able to release), Harbaugh whines so much when others do it to him. 

- He’s got to be a better coach there. Remind players since we  are running inside 0:20 to pull anyone and everyone off the pile. If it causes a scuffle walk away. At least that would get the clock to stop. 

- Piss poor clock management doesn’t make me feel bad. Don’t burn your last TO then call a run play inside 0:20. Just a completely stupid decision. 

IMO, it looked like he planned for that and was trying to buy a 4th TO from the refs. Off first look on the TV copy he was on the refs about the pile as soon as the whistle blew. Obviously, a failed run a coach knows he has to get guys off the pile quickly....but from Harbaugh, just feels like a set up. He thought he could buy one, it didnt work, they went into the locker room without points. 

He planned for 1) Run TD, 2) Buy TO/Fake Spike TD, 3) Kick field goal on expiring. He didn't get the TO and because of 1 didn't leave enough time for both 2 and 3. Sorry, Harbs. 12-10 was a better option considering how, uh...."well"...we were playing. 

8 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

IMO, it looked like he planned for that and was trying to buy a 4th TO from the refs. Off first look on the TV copy he was on the refs about the pile as soon as the whistle blew. Obviously, a failed run a coach knows he has to get guys off the pile quickly....but from Harbaugh, just feels like a set up. He thought he could buy one, it didnt work, they went into the locker room without points. 

He planned for 1) Run TD, 2) Buy TO/Fake Spike TD, 3) Kick field goal on expiring. He didn't get the TO and because of 1 didn't leave enough time for both 2 and 3. Sorry, Harbs. 12-10 was a better option considering how, uh...."well"...we were playing. 

Well that’s kinda my point. You can count on that. The refs will never call delay of game on the D as soon as a pile happens and will never kill the clock there. 

The ref were horrible again. I have got to think this is a order from the front office not to throw many flags.  The amount of shirt tugging on Heyward ( that could be see from the sideline camera, not a close up) was insane.  How PI was not called on the 4th and 2 was nuts.  The CB had 2(!!) arms wrapped around Claypool before the ball gets there and it is a no call?

I will also add that Ben's 3rd down pass to Washington was a thing of beauty.  Collinsworth made it sound like Ben threw the ball up for grabs.  Watch it again.  Touch pass over a LB who was trailing far behind.  Safety out of position and late.  3rd player never had a chance at the ball.  Washington was the only player that could catch that ball.  You get pearl clutching from talking heads who could NEVER MAKE THAT THROW.

Edited by jebrick

1 hour ago, jebrick said:

The ref were horrible again. I have got to think this is a order from the front office not to throw many flags.  The amount of shirt tugging on Heyward ( that could be see from the sideline camera, not a close up) was insane.  How PI was not called on the 4th and 2 was nuts.  The CB had 2(!!) arms wrapped around Claypool before the ball gets there and it is a no call?

I will also add that Ben's 3rd down pass to Washington was a thing of beauty.  Collinsworth made it sound like Ben threw the ball up for grabs.  Watch it again.  Touch pass over a LB who was trailing far behind.  Safety out of position and late.  3rd player never had a chance at the ball.  Washington was the only player that could catch that ball.  You get pearl clutching from talking heads who could NEVER MAKE THAT THROW.

That’s been known for a while that calls are down and it was a decision from higher up. 

Also CC would never make that throw...he was a Cincinnati WR so he doesn’t know what a good throw is. 

2 hours ago, jebrick said:

That was one of the few plays I got a good look at live. Talk about threading the needle. You couldn’t throw a better pass there. Those are the types of plays that you need to make to win games.

12 minutes ago, August4th said:

surprise to find out the steelers are number 1 in point differential and its not that close...we're not the only contender that's playing in close games

I have KC as the number 1 team right now, but its not like they are blowing teams out every week...

KC isn't undefeatable, but we would need to play a solid 60 minutes to have a chance.  Losing Dupree is a major blow, and not having a run game hurts. Getting the run game going and hopes are Tuitt and Heyward as well as Watt can step up their game to help.  The tackling has to improve too, and then there are all the drops.  Play KC like we did last night, expect to lose by 20+

• Like 2