2020 Week #12 GDT Steelers vs. Ravens

Steeler Hitman

Jeff Zrebiec
@jeffzrebiec
·
38m

Ravens players on Reserve/COVID-19 list:
QB Trace McSorley, RB Mark Ingram, RB J.K. Dobbins, OLB Pernell McPhee, NT Brandon Williams (close contact) and CB Iman Marshall (already on IR).
There is also at least one coach and several support staff members who have tested positive.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, August4th said:

I have a feeling the steelers vs Ravens game will be the 1st game to move to week 18, if more Ravens come out with Covid tomorrow. would be the 2nd time we get screwed because of a outbreak on another team

what is the time/deadline to determine if the game needs to be postponed. 

21 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

is this stat sheet accurate for him or does it also reflect what happens when artie burns is gone and then add Nelson and Minkah? He appears to have improved, but lets not forget some reasons why

He had Minkah and Nelson both seasons. Burns had hardly any playing time in 2019.

As of about 10 pm yesterday, according to Steelers Depot the game is still on.

https://steelersdepot.com/2020/11/nfl-says-steelers-ravens-game-still-on-for-thanksgiving-night/

13 hours ago, 3rivers said:

what is the time/deadline to determine if the game needs to be postponed. 

There have been other rumblings that they(NFL decision makers) are awaiting todays' (Wednesday's) test results to make the final determination. Ten Ravens players and staff are sick, have Covid-19, or are in the NFLs Covid-19 protocol.

I also heard that the Ravens were considering waiting until tomorrow to travel to Pittsburgh. I am sure more will come sometime this afternoon or evening confirming which way this plays out.  

1 hour ago, August4th said:

The stats are certainly supporting what Coach Tomlin said at his press conference regarding Edmunds break out game against the Jaguars. My personal take on Edmunds is that he is a phenomenal athlete and physical specimen, but not the most instinctive football player or safety.    Those of us more seasoned fans (euphemism for older) remember former player and DB coach Darin Perry. He had an extremely high football IQ, but sometimes got beat based on the fact, he couldn't run with some of the faster talent in the NFL. He was the opposite of Edmunds. Edmunds always seemed to be around the play, but a split second or half step late. Now he is making some of those plays because he is getting more comfortable out there (The term the game is slowing down to him). 

Two plays come to mind that show some improvement from 2019. Edmunds got beat by DK Metcalf and he actually had very good coverage and position, but couldn't make a play on the ball. He missed a similar leaping int against the Cardinals that was caught for a TD by RB Johnson.  The Edmunds of 2020 makes those plays now. He is a better football player. When his instincts catch up to his talent, look out. The third rounder from his play in college, etc. is now catching up to the first round talent/athlete that he is. 

1 hour ago, 3rivers said:

is this stat sheet accurate for him or does it also reflect what happens when artie burns is gone and then add Nelson and Minkah? He appears to have improved, but let's not forget some reasons why

I think he took the heat for his poor play on his own and he deserves the credit for his improved play as well.  As Neumatic said, they were there last year as well. I think he rightfully deserves some props. 

th?id=OIP.30GWos141HeURTANRyXVQQAAAA&pid  Terrell!

49 minutes ago, Neumatic said:

He had Minkah and Nelson both seasons. Burns had hardly any playing time in 2019.

+1 Absolutely! 

@August4thget in here with your Twitter posting skills. Games postponed till Sunday. 

I think the Steelers have every right to be pissed that they lose another opportunity to rest because of issues on other teams. It’s a crazy world, but these wrenches effect the Steelers more than anyone right now. 

Edited by Dcash4

1 minute ago, Dcash4 said:

Getting a Ravens team traveling on a short week under the lights and reeling from 2 straight losses....yeah, I wanted that and I’m sure the Steelers did too - and then enjoying a 10 day break. 

So much for that! All we can do is just shake it off (AGAIN) and keep moving forward.

13 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

@August4thget in here with your Twitter posting skills. Games postponed till Sunday. 

I think the Steelers have every right to be pissed that they lose another opportunity to rest because of issues on other teams. It’s a crazy world, but these wrenches effect the Steelers more than anyone right now. 

I got ya