2020 Week #12 GDT Steelers vs. Ravens

Steeler Hitman

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

and-the-hits-just-keep-on-coming-1.jpg?r

Some news courtesy of Behind the Steel Curtain. 

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2020/11/26/21721490/ravens-positive-covid-19-test-results-continue-on-thanksgiving-rumors-nfl-news-week-12-steelers

Maybe all is not lost afterall?

15 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

If the players had this information, they have every right to be mad. 

That's pretty serious. They are certainly shedding negative light on the organization by not following protocols, especially after other members have contacted the virus and have been in the protocol. I heard the game will be played at 1:00 pm on Sunday and there will be no fans now. The good news is that they will still wear the color rush uniforms. 

It’s a very stupid thing to be interested in, but if anyone finds out why the game is 1:15 PM, let me know. 

Has to be something to do with contract language for CBS and Fox that the NFL games at 1:05 PM are exclusive to them or something. Just very strange. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

It’s a very stupid thing to be interested in, but if anyone finds out why the game is 1:15 PM, let me know. 

Has to be something to do with contract language for CBS and Fox that the NFL games at 1:05 PM are exclusive to them or something. Just very strange. 

that's probably it

also NBC probably wants to get its pregame show in and a few more ads. A lot of people will think the kickoff is at 1 and turn on NBC at that time(I'm in a steelers fan facebook group and some people still think a game is still being played today lol)

53 minutes ago, August4th said:

that's probably it

also NBC probably wants to get its pregame show in and a few more ads. A lot of people will think the kickoff is at 1 and turn on NBC at that time(I'm in a steelers fan facebook group and some people still think a game is still being played today lol)

Oh boy. They are in for a rough night of talking to family unplanned. 

21 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Hope everyone is prepared to find out how the NFL handles a cancellation. I’d put it at about 15% chance this game gets played this Sunday. Way too many positives coming out, especially with the news about their S&C coach. 

They'll end up doing a week 18  *

* - I think if it doesn't matter they'll leave records as is.

Just now, warfelg said:

They'll end up doing a week 18  *

* - I think if it doesn't matter they'll leave records as is.

They might. I still have a hard time imagining they would risk another week for 1 game. Covid is blowing up all over, I’m sure the want to get to playoffs ASAP. 

I hate the idea of it, but this could be forfeit territory with their coach being in breach, and knowingly doing it. I feel like the NFL won’t delay everything because a team blatantly broke the rules.   

I don’t know where you go from here. I know the popular thing is “screw the NFL”, but honestly; what’s the best choice? 

1 minute ago, Dcash4 said:

They might. I still have a hard time imagining they would risk another week for 1 game. Covid is blowing up all over, I’m sure the want to get to playoffs ASAP. 

I hate the idea of it, but this could be forfeit territory with their coach being in breach, and knowingly doing it. I feel like the NFL won’t delay everything because a team blatantly broke the rules.   

I don’t know where you go from here. I know the popular thing is “screw the NFL”, but honestly; what’s the best choice? 

I'm not getting too into the 'f-word' talk because inevitably we'll end up pissed either way.  More so this is the time and team that needs the hammer dropped for not just the spread, but the gross negligence in it to not wear a mask, not wear the tracker, and being ill.  The Ravens are talking like they know they still expect big numbers the next two days.  

7 minutes ago, August4th said:

no way do I see a forfeit happening. NBC won't let it happen

I think the game will be moved to Tuesday and if the Ravens are sill finding positives, it becomes a week 18 game.

Makes it hard on NBC still because the Ravens can’t play Thursday then. Though, I think the Steelers Ravens moving to Monday/Tuesday and next Thursday bumping is the most logical right now. 

I just don’t believe ween 18 is a real option, unless there are more games to play. Maybe the league postpones the game indefinitely and if more games need played they add week 18 and if not, Ravens forfeit/no contest if not needed by record (like @warfelg mentioned).

There are just no good answers, and there was never going to be. Will be interesting to see what happens. At this point, I’m more upset about losing Diontae in a big fantasy week.