GT: Jaguars vs Browns : We March On

.Buzz

5 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

I’m so glad we can afford to win a game and still remain at 2. 

Yeah, makes me a lot less nervous every week. 

NFC East still plays eachother several times and the Bengals would be a lock for Sewell if we somehow win 2. So feel pretty good Fields or Wilson will be a Jaguar in April.

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Meh, we just lost our SS, top pass rusher, and LG for this game.

If a team vying for a playoff spot can't beat this team than that's on them lol.

I mean Garrett had the inside track to DPOY this year and probably has a higher impact than all those players combined. Their entire defense’s success seems to run through him right now, similarly to how the Texans used to have a bunch of nobodies constantly playing as a top 5 unit because of JJ Watt’s presence. They’re not just losing a DPOY candidate, they’re losing easier matchups for each of their other DL, LBs being able to run free because he’s taking double or triple teams, and a shaved time to throw for the opposing QB that benefits their Entire secondary. 

The Browns should still beat us with a heavy dose of Chubb and Hunt, but them not having a premiere player goes a long way towards making them far more beatable. 

1 minute ago, pwny said:

I mean Garrett had the inside track to DPOY this year and probably has a higher impact than all those players combined. Their entire defense’s success seems to run through him right now, similarly to how the Texans used to have a bunch of nobodies constantly playing as a top 5 unit because of JJ Watt’s presence. They’re not just losing a DPOY candidate, they’re losing easier matchups for each of their other DL, LBs being able to run free because he’s taking double or triple teams, and a shaved time to throw for the opposing QB that benefits their Entire secondary. 

The Browns should still beat us with a heavy dose of Chubb and Hunt, but them not having a premiere player goes a long way towards making them far more beatable. 

Yeah I'm not saying any of our guys are on par with Garrett, but an already awful team that lost 3 players that have been among the best for the team through the past few games/on the season? We shouldn't be close to o beating them with or without Garrett, and losing even more of the few competent starters we have just puts is farther behind the 8 ball.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Hey fellas

Denzel Ward might not play for Cleveland. Our 2 best players on defense are probably out for this game.

Nick Chubb looks 100% recovered though.

I heard Harrison might be out too?

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

He was hurt in the Philly game. Not sure about this week. We’ve been banged up all year, especially on defense.

Our only consistent unit in terms of being healthy has been the offensive line.

Yeah, but even when Chubb is out you still have 1B in Hunt. That duo is just nuts.

How has Baker looked in totality? When I've watched it seems like he's just kind of rolling with the flow while the running game/defense does all the heavy lifting. Any confidence in putting the ball in his hands?

50 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Yeah, but even when Chubb is out you still have 1B in Hunt. That duo is just nuts.

How has Baker looked in totality? When I've watched it seems like he's just kind of rolling with the flow while the running game/defense does all the heavy lifting. Any confidence in putting the ball in his hands?

Baker does fine against bad pass defences. Unless a team disguises their coverages, he will likely light it up if he has to (ie the Bengals games). 

The question is whether the Jags will force Baker to throw, because this coaching staff would much rather run the ball if possible. The few throws dialed up will likely be off of play action or will have easy reads for Baker to process.

Edited by Here'sJim
  • Like 1