Who gets left out in the AFC?

Slingin' Sammy

37 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Deservedly so after that showing. 

Props to the Dolphins for that tremendous season though. 

Yeah, I think all things considered the Dolphins ought to be pretty proud of how they did this season. Assuming Tua can grow, they have a bright future. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, D82 said:

Yeah, I think all things considered the Dolphins ought to be pretty proud of how they did this season. Assuming Tua can grow, they have a bright future. 

Very nasty defense that has a chance to get even better in the offseason. Might be able to add the best OT prospect in 15 years if they are lucky too. Along with a first round WR. 

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Very nasty defense that has a chance to get even better in the offseason. Might be able to add the best OT prospect in 15 years if they are lucky too. Along with a first round WR. 

While I'd be no means upset if we pull it trigger on Penei, I'd rather trade down to the 5-10 range for Parsons or Chase 

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Feel bad for Dolphins' fans.  Need a Colts loss.

Probably better that they lost. Last thing they need is for Tua to get into the playoffs looking as bad as he’s looked recently and the blowback being what it is after a QB has terrible playoff performances. Some young players can’t rebound from that.

Also that didn’t look like a team the last few weeks that was going to make any noise in the postseason, so it was probably better that they get the higher pick to add another weapon for Tua to throw to... their Texans pick should be airmailed towards picking up Penei Sewell. I know their current starters are good and all, but when you’ve got a shot at an AP caliber type of LT... you don’t pass that up outside of trading down for more draft capital.

EDIT: Assuming the Texans don’t beat the Titans, that is.

Edited by diamondbull424

28 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

22 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Better be a good trade like a Mid 1st, because those guys don’t touch Sewell. 

Agreed. I don’t care how good Chase and Parsons are at their respective positions. Nor do I care how solid the Dolphins current OTs have looked, OT is the most bust proof position in the draft and Sewell is a once in a generation caliber OT prospect. He dominates the run and pass game. You move one of those OTs to OG and profit. Then turn the 18th (?) pick into someone like Jaylen Waddle and profit some more.

So unless they’re getting legit draft capital, they have a chance at potentially assembling a top 5-10 OL with just one pick. Would be filthy. I feel dirty just thinking about it. 😂

On 11/29/2020 at 8:18 PM, Starless said:

Right now, if I were a betting man, I'd say:

1. Chiefs

2. Steelers

3. Titans

4. Bills

5. Ravens

6. Colts

7. Browns

BUT

The Browns being what they are, and the Colts having 2 games left against the Texans (who are suddenly hot) and one against Pittsburgh, some combination of MIA/NE/LV could still sneak in the back door. The Raiders and Pats are the two most chaotic teams in the conference, so it wouldn't surprise me if either of them won or lost all their remaining games.

Not too bad (earliest post)