Slingin' Sammy

6 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

iTs THe oNlY ReAl wIN Da BRownS HaVe DeReRrrrrRPP

Record: 7-3
Point Differential: -24
SOS: 0.465
SOV: 0.350 (lol)
Record vs winning teams: 1-3

Browns should feel fortunate to be in the position they are, and fortunate that their remaining schedule gives them 3 more cupcakes to get them to 10 wins

34 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

Record: 7-3
Point Differential: -24
SOS: 0.465
SOV: 0.350 (lol)
Record vs winning teams: 1-3

Browns should feel fortunate to be in the position they are, and fortunate that their remaining schedule gives them 3 more cupcakes to get them to 10 wins

Yeah sure, the Browns are really lucky to be 7-3 for the first time since Al Gore invented the internet.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Yeah sure, the Browns are really lucky to be 7-3 for the first time since Al Gore invented the internet.

I get that it's probably annoying to have people constantly criticizing your success - and I only responded because the quote I posted was super obnoxious. I'm just saying that by all metrics the Browns record far outpaces their actual performance on the season. The Steelers are very much in the same boat. 

It's great that the Browns are in playoff contention. As a team that also has had an extreme lack of success I root for you and think you have a very good chance of punching that playoff ticket.

I'm just calling it like it is. When people criticize your schedule and performance again good teams, it isn't them being a-holes, it's them calling out the truth of the schedule.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tk3 said:

I get that it's probably annoying to have people constantly criticizing your success - and I only responded because the quote I posted was super obnoxious. I'm just saying that by all metrics the Browns record far outpaces their actual performance on the season. The Steelers are very much in the same boat. 

It's great that the Browns are in playoff contention. As a team that also has had an extreme lack of success I root for you and think you have a very good chance of punching that playoff ticket.

I'm just calling it like it is. When people criticize your schedule and performance again good teams, it isn't them being a-holes, it's them calling out the truth of the schedule.

Thaks for acknowledging that lol And yes, more so with national media. Everytime the Browns win a game all that comes with it is "welllllllll they oooonly beat the Eagles or Texans" or whoever else they want to throw in that week.  

Green bay is 1-2 against sub .500 teams and 6-1 against losing teams. Baltimore/Tampa/Seattle all have losing records against winning teams but are either 5-0 or 5-1 against losing teams.

Why do the Browns get singled out?

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

Thaks for acknowledging that lol And yes, more so with national media. Everytime the Browns win a game all that comes with it is "welllllllll they oooonly beat the Eagles or Texans" or whoever else they want to throw in that week.  

Green bay is 1-2 against sub .500 teams and 6-1 against losing teams. Baltimore/Tampa/Seattle all have losing records against winning teams but are either 5-0 or 5-1 against losing teams.

Why do the Browns get singled out?

You aren't wrong about those teams

Ravens I think HAVE been hit just as heavily as the Browns have with the "they beat the bad teams but fail against good teams" narrative. That said, they are 2-3 against those good teams and put up a much better fight in them

As for the NFC teams, I think the NFC is so weak that its hard to complain because there are so few teams to compare them to. I don't think anyone is super overhyping either of those teams - its just that there isn't a whole tier of better teams above them in their conference

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tk3 said:

This is incredibly insulting and I resent you for it

vs Chargers (3-7)
@ 49ers (4-6)
vs Steelers (10-0)
@ Broncos (4-6)
@ Patriots (4-6)
vs Dolphins (6-4)

Like.. I'm not saying its a cakewalk, but to act like this is some super difficult schedule down the stretch is a pretty bold take. It's below average difficulty

49ers and Broncos are dangerous. Cross-country flights to Trap City.  You know the Pats would love to play AFC East spoiler. Even the Chargers are a tough out, they've been in most of their games right til the bitter end. 

Sure hope the Bills-Steelers game is aired in my area, that should be a good one. 

Pretty wild the Bills-Dolphins game is in January...the Dolphins are not accustomed to playing in January. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, buno67 said:

What record do you see browns and colts having? Browns hold the tie breaker with the colts. I could see the colts being 10-6 along with the browns 

Yeah but a tie-breaker win only matters if there's only 2 teams involved. 

I could see some combination where 3 or 4 of the Ravens/Colts/Browns/Raiders/Titans all finish 10-6 and at that point head-to-head wouldn't really matter 

12 hours ago, Tk3 said:

This is incredibly insulting and I resent you for it

vs Chargers (3-7)
@ 49ers (4-6)
vs Steelers (10-0)
@ Broncos (4-6)
@ Patriots (4-6)
vs Dolphins (6-4)

Like.. I'm not saying its a cakewalk, but to act like this is some super difficult schedule down the stretch is a pretty bold take. It's below average difficulty

Right? Buffalo has already played through the toughest stretch of their season, and is 7-3. That's with a boatload of injuries. I'd be interested to see where of SoS ranks among the league. It's not unfathomable to think Buffalo could win only 9 games, but to only win 1 of the remaining 6 is a bit...extreme. I'm thinking Buffalo finishes with 11 or 12 wins. 

Edited by WizeGuy

11 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

As  a Bills fan- I feel your pain. We went through the same thing last season. But, to be honest, there is truth to it (for both the 2019 Bills and 2020 Browns). We both benefitted from a cake walk of schedule, but, at the end of the day, getting a win is all that matters, and if it takes having an easy schedule to change the culture in that locker room- then so be it. The next step is beating legit teams consistently, which I think is possible for y'all if Mayfield can take the next step.

Oh, and just so you don't feel I'm trying to rain on your parade- I'm pretty sure y'all would beat my Bills in a H2H in the playoffs. That's a matchup nightmare for us. 

33 minutes ago, WizeGuy said:

As  a Bills fan- I feel your pain. We went through the same thing last season. But, to be honest, there is truth to it (for both the 2019 Bills and 2020 Browns). We both benefitted from a cake walk of schedule, but, at the end of the day, getting a win is all that matters, and if it takes having an easy schedule to change the culture in that locker room- then so be it. The next step is beating legit teams consistently, which I think is possible for y'all if Mayfield can take the next step.

Oh, and just so you don't feel I'm trying to rain on your parade- I'm pretty sure y'all would beat my Bills in a H2H in the playoffs. That's a matchup nightmare for us. 

Lol possibly. I'm just happy the Browns are beating bad teams because that's something they never did in the past. They got whooped by the Ravens/Steelers but they should beat the Raiders if it wasn't for multiple dropped TD passes by Landry/Hooper that killed drives.

Oh well, we'll find out in the next 6 weeks when they have to play TEN, BAL and PIT

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Lol possibly. I'm just happy the Browns are beating bad teams because that's something they never did in the past. They got whooped by the Ravens/Steelers but they should beat the Raiders if it wasn't for multiple dropped TD passes by Landry/Hooper that killed drives.

Oh well, we'll find out in the next 6 weeks when they have to play TEN, BAL and PIT

Hey, I always say- the telling of a good team is consistently beating the bad teams. It's why I didn't buy into the Jets carrying over their limited success to end the year last year to this year, because they still lost to trash teams even when they were winning.

I think y'all are pretty good. You're just tough to gauge as you haven't beaten many good teams, but you're clearly a fringe top-10 team with potential to be more. I'd personally have you in the 10-15 range, but that's just my uneducated opinion. 

Edited by WizeGuy