Who gets left out in the AFC?

It would be poetic justice if the Colts end up 10-6 but miss out on a playoff spot.

The last time the Browns had a winning record was in 2007 when they went 10-6 but missed the playoffs. We just needed the Colts to beat the Titans the final week, but the Colts benched Manning and started Jim Sorgi, so of course the Titans won and secured the final playoff spot.

But it would also be the Browns' luck to once again miss out on the playoffs with a 10-6 record.

On 11/23/2020 at 3:40 PM, candyman93 said:

Based on what?

The giants have 2 wins against Washington and 1 against Philly. Those were all close too.

So were six of their seven losses. The Giants have a long way to go, but they aren't cupcakes.

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

It would be poetic justice if the Colts end up 10-6 but miss out on a playoff spot.

The last time the Browns had a winning record was in 2007 when they went 10-6 but missed the playoffs. We just needed the Colts to beat the Titans the final week, but the Colts benched Manning and started Jim Sorgi, so of course the Titans won and secured the final playoff spot.

But it would also be the Browns' luck to once again miss out on the playoffs with a 10-6 record.

I see the Browns losing to the Titans, Ravens and Steelers - if that happens, you have to hope that your wildcard competition isn't Baltimore, LV and Tennessee since you would lose the tiebreaker to all three. - so you need to root HARD for the Colts and Steelers this week, and root against those teams for the rest of the season.

If the Browns can beat Baltimore and end up at 11-5, they're in.

Right now, if I were a betting man, I'd say:

1. Chiefs

2. Steelers

3. Titans

4. Bills

5. Ravens

6. Colts

7. Browns

BUT

The Browns being what they are, and the Colts having 2 games left against the Texans (who are suddenly hot) and one against Pittsburgh, some combination of MIA/NE/LV could still sneak in the back door. The Raiders and Pats are the two most chaotic teams in the conference, so it wouldn't surprise me if either of them won or lost all their remaining games.

Since the Bills and the Titans both own the division tiebreakers, I think they have pretty close to punched their tickets

I know the Ravens are MASSIVELY disappointing at 6-4, but don't forget their remaining schedule

@Steelers, vs Cowboys, @Browns, vs Jags, vs Giants, @Bengals

They have what I expect to be 4 no-doubt wins, a 1 no-doubt loss (especially with all of the covid)

The Browns will obviously be a huge game for them.

But even if they lose that game, I think they go 10-6 fairly easily (and would still hold the tiebreaker over the Browns if necessary)

Right now I'll give the 3 wildcard slots to the Ravens, Browns, and the winner of Colts/Raiders week 14

I think the Dolphins are going to miss, and the loser of Colts/Raiders as well. If the Browns lose to the Ravens week 14, then they enter this conversation as well

Week 14 will be HUGE for this conversation

I did a playoff machine run and got Miami and Indianapolis missing out to Baltimore and the Browns. Wasn’t thinking to hard about matchups mainly just picking the better team on paper right now to win each game. 

interestingly enough, I found that the Steelers can get the 1 seed at 15-1 (assuming the chiefs don’t lose again) by losing to either the WFT (conference record) or Bengals (strength of victory) I’m not sure if that sos could change based on other events or not, but interesting to know.

4 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Browns vs Titans will be awesome.

Hope it gets flexed to SNF.

I think they’re gonna put the Ravens-Steelers as the SNF game at this rate. It’s gonna be freaking 2022 and the league will still be trying to fit this game on the schedule.

Just give the Ravens a forfeit and more on. They aren’t beating PIT anyways, even with their full squad in-tact. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Asciimo said:

im being a homer but if the pats can put a string of games together like the did against the ravens, cards, raiders, seahawks, I can see them winning out. 

@ LAC
@ LAR
@ MIA
vs Buffalo
vs NYJ

crazier things have happened.

Most chaotic team in the league, baby! LFG!

• Like 1