Who gets left out in the AFC?

Slingin' Sammy

If they do what MLB did, for one season ever (this season would always be remembered this way), then just about everyone gets in. Sorry #1 seeds, no bye!

I’m not a fan of a 16 team playoff, but if it’s one season, that’s fine. I was totally on board with MLB because they said it’d be one season only. 

You’d have:

1) Pitt 14-2

2) KC 14-2

3) Buff 11-5

4) Tenn 10-6

5) Miami 10-6

6) Baltimore 10-6

7) Cleveland 10-6

8 ) Indy 10-6

And Vegas and New England well alive as well, that’s how deep the AFC is. 

NFC:

1) New Orleans 12-4

2) Green Bay 12-4

3) Seattle 11-5

4) Washington 7-9

5) Tampa Bay 11-5

6) Los Angeles 10-6

7) Minnesota 9-7

8 ) Arizona 8-8

16 Team One Time Ever Tournament would be fun.

Edited by BayRaider

27 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

So, which of the Jets and NYG do you have the Browns losing to in order to finish below 10 wins? Then you have the Steelers at 2 losses...so who are they losing to if not the Browns Week 17?

It’d have to be the Jets considering he has WFT winning that division with 7 wins.

According to someone who did a Madden Simulation of exactly where we are currently at in the season:

AFC:

1) Pittsburgh 15-1

2) Kansas City 14-2

3) Tennessee 11-5

4) Buffalo 11-5

5) Miami 10-6

6) Baltimore 10-6

7) Cleveland 10-6

Wildcard:

(7) Cleveland over (2) Kansas City 51-21

(6) Baltimore over (3) Tennessee 30-23

(4) Buffalo over (5) Miami 41-20

Divisional:

(7) Cleveland over (1) Pittsburgh 34-27

(4) Buffalo over (6) Baltimore 19-16 (OT)

CG:

(4) Buffalo over (7) Cleveland 37-24

NFC:

1) Seattle 12-4 (wins out)

2) New Orleans 12-4

3) Green Bay 12-4

4) Washington 7-9

5) Tampa Bay 11-5

6) Los Angeles 10-6

7) Minnesota 9-7

Wildcard:

(2) New Orleans over (7) Minnesota 41-10

(3) Green Bay over (6) Los Angeles 24-21

(4) Washington over (5) Tampa Bay 35-30

Divisional:

(1) Seattle over (4) Washington 24-6

(3) Green Bay over (2) New Orleans 31-27

CG:

(3) Green Bay over (1) Seattle 38-28

Super Bowl:

Buffalo over Green Bay 45-34

Never change, Madden.

Edited by BayRaider

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

So, which of the Jets and NYG do you have the Browns losing to in order to finish below 10 wins? Then you have the Steelers at 2 losses...so who are they losing to if not the Browns Week 17?

Theoretically the Steelers could lose to the Colts but in order for the Colts to finish 10-6 we’d have to lose 2 games out of Raiders, Texans and Jaguars 

5 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Browns at Giants is no slam dunk

4 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Don’t think this Ravens team has what it takes to win 5 straight tbh and I don’t think 10-6 gets us in with those last minute Colts and Raiders wins yesterday 

If I had to guess Ravens just barely miss out this year 

Steelers loss tonight means things get a bit more interesting because they probably can’t rest starters week 17 vs Cleveland anymore now.

If the Ravens win out, (not terribly likely but possible) winning @Cleveland in the process, and the Browns lose to BAL and @PIT, all of a sudden things get murky. The Ravens will have leapfrogged the Browns in that scenario in favor of a season sweep and both finishing 11-5 but i’m not sure about IND/LV/TEN and where they’d fall in accordance with CLE if multiple of those teams got to 11-5

7 hours ago, Mr Raider said:

I'm sticking with the Raiders get in. We find a way to play to the competition of our opponent and our defense isn't good or even decent. But our offense is very good. We'll be left out if Josh Jacobs doesn't play this weekend. End of the day, if you're the Raiders and want to play in the playoffs, you HAVE to win against the Colts. I like us over the Dolphins as well as I feel we're a year ahead of them in the rebuild and have the better QB right now... Though I am in no way kidding myself and convinced the Dolphins couldn't also run us off our home field. 

If we had anymore 10 AM East cost games left on the schedule I would say that seals us missing the playoffs. 3 out of our last 4 being at home gives us an edge I don't think many are thinking about. Only having to go to Denver and getting Indy and Miami at home could be just enough of an edge for us to sneak in..

The way this Raider team has looked the past 2 weeks, 2-2 may look generous, but I'm not just going to forget the Raider team that has beat the Chiefs, Saints, and Browns... We're good enough to run the table. That definitely gets us in. 3-1 over the last 4 gets us in as well IMO. 2-2 leaves us as one of the last 2 out. 

is that what you call the performance versus Atlanta?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

is that what you call the performance versus Atlanta?

That's obviously the exception, as is the game against Tampa Bay. That is what I would call games against the Chiefs (X2), the Saints, Browns, Panthers, Chargers, Bill and Jets. The Falcons and Buccaneers game being the exception to that in the same way the Broncos blow out win was the exception in the opposite fashion. So by in large, that has been the case for the vast majority of our season. 

It is all so up in the air but I would expect the Chiefs to be #1 in the AFC only real competition left are the saints and if Brees isn't 100% I dont see how Taysom can compete. The defense will slow down the chiefs a bit but they need someone who can still post 28+ points and I just dont see it for him. Steelers have the Bills, Colts, and Browns they can likely lose 1 if not 2 of those games as all 3 have been solid teams. Bills have a schedule that can go boom or bust depending on how they play as they have the Steelers, Patriots, and Dolphins all fighting for a playoff spot. Titans/Colts battling it out for the division, both with what looks like one difficult game remaining Colts vs Steelers, and Titans vs Packers as well as both can be upset by Texans as Watson has been having a great year. 

My prediction for the playoffs is this but I am sure I will be way off 1. Chiefs 15-1( Win out)  2. Bills 13-3 (Win out) 3. Steelers 13-3 (lose to Bills and Colts) 4. Titans 10-6 (lose to Packers and Texans) 5. Browns 11-5 (lose to Ravens and Steelers) 6. Colts 10-6 (lose to Raiders and texans) 7. Ravens 10-6 (lose to Dallas) 8. Raiders 9-7 9. Dolphins 9-7 10. Patriots 8-8

Not sure about NFC that much but I would like to see Washington win the NFC East with the adversity that team has gone through with Rivera and Alex Smith. Nice feel good story. Plus that dline is nasty. 1.Saints, 2. GB, 3. Rams, 4. Washington 5. Seattle 6. TB 7. Vikings

Edited by soflbillsfan

1 minute ago, soflbillsfan said:

It is all so up in the air but I would expect the Chiefs to be #1 in the AFC only real competition left are the saints and if Brees isn't 100% I dont see how Taysom can compete. The defense will slow down the chiefs a bit but they need someone who can still post 28+ points and I just dont see it for him. Steelers have the Bills, Colts, and Browns they can likely lose 1 if not 2 of those games as all 3 have been solid teams. Bills have a schedule that can go boom or bust depending on how they play as they have the Steelers, Patriots, and Dolphins all fighting for a playoff spot. Titans/Colts battling it out for the division, both with what looks like one difficult game remaining Colts vs Steelers, and Titans vs Packers as well as both can be upset by Texans as Watson has been having a great year. 

My prediction for the playoffs is this but I am sure I will be way off 1. Chiefs 15-1( Win out)  2. Bills 13-3 (Win out) 3. Steelers 13-3 (lose to Bills and Colts) 4. Titans 10-6 (lose to Packers and Texans) 5. Browns 11-5 (lose to Ravens and Steelers) 6. Colts 10-6 (lose to Raiders and texans) 7. Ravens 10-6 (lose to Dallas) 8. Raiders 9-7 9. Dolphins 9-7 10. Patriots 8-8

If we lose to Dallas ain't no way we're finishing 10-6...if that's the quality of team we are we're probably losing at Cleveland and maybe even against the Giants with how they're playing rn.