Who gets left out in the AFC?

Slingin' Sammy

Just now, Ray Reed said:

If we lose to Dallas ain't no way we're finishing 10-6...if that's the quality of team we are we're probably losing at Cleveland and maybe even against the Giants with how they're playing rn.

I put in as a loss simply because they are still recovering from everything that has gone on in the last 10 days and they will still be a bit off tonight. 

3 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

I put in as a loss simply because they are still recovering from everything that has gone on in the last 10 days and they will still be a bit off tonight. 

Oh I could see it...I just also think if that's the case, we're probably losing more games down the line haha

2 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Oh I could see it...I just also think if that's the case, we're probably losing more games down the line haha

Thats a possibility I am just guessing. If I was confident on this outcome scenarios I would put some money down but at this point I feel like a sports media pundit just throwing out my guess in hopes it sticks. 

2 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

I think Oakland and Miami are still a year away and stumble down the line 

Dolphins have a tough remaining schedule if they can beat out the Bills, Pats, KC and Raiders then they deserve to win the division and make the playoffs but going to Buffalo in January. Playing KC and the Pats (while beatable) is just going to be rough to overcome. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

It is all so up in the air but I would expect the Chiefs to be #1 in the AFC only real competition left are the saints and if Brees isn't 100% I dont see how Taysom can compete. The defense will slow down the chiefs a bit but they need someone who can still post 28+ points and I just dont see it for him. Steelers have the Bills, Colts, and Browns they can likely lose 1 if not 2 of those games as all 3 have been solid teams. Bills have a schedule that can go boom or bust depending on how they play as they have the Steelers, Patriots, and Dolphins all fighting for a playoff spot. Titans/Colts battling it out for the division, both with what looks like one difficult game remaining Colts vs Steelers, and Titans vs Packers as well as both can be upset by Texans as Watson has been having a great year. 

My prediction for the playoffs is this but I am sure I will be way off 1. Chiefs 15-1( Win out)  2. Bills 13-3 (Win out) 3. Steelers 13-3 (lose to Bills and Colts) 4. Titans 10-6 (lose to Packers and Texans) 5. Browns 11-5 (lose to Ravens and Steelers) 6. Colts 10-6 (lose to Raiders and texans) 7. Ravens 10-6 (lose to Dallas) 8. Raiders 9-7 9. Dolphins 9-7 10. Patriots 8-8

Not sure about NFC that much but I would like to see Washington win the NFC East with the adversity that team has gone through with Rivera and Alex Smith. Nice feel good story. Plus that dline is nasty. 1.Saints, 2. GB, 3. Rams, 4. Washington 5. Seattle 6. TB 7. Vikings

I'm fairly close on this..

I do have the Bills and Steelers flipped

I also have the Colts/Titans flipped

And Ravens only potential loss is the Browns IMO. They will run those bottom feeder games

I agree that Raiders and Dolphins are the odd teams out (and I guess we are including Pats these days)

44 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Dolphins have a tough remaining schedule if they can beat out the Bills, Pats, KC and Raiders then they deserve to win the division and make the playoffs but going to Buffalo in January. Playing KC and the Pats (while beatable) is just going to be rough to overcome. 

Records of remaining opponents

Dolphins 33-15   .688
Bills 29-19   .604
Patriots 25-23   .521
Colts 23-25   .479
Raiders 23-25   .479
Browns 22-25   .468
Titans 19-29   .396
Ravens 20-38-1   .347

Dolphins are so screwed. I can't imagine them holding up despite being 1 up in the loss column. I'll call them a coin flip at home against the Pats and on the road in LV. But big underdogs to KC and Buffalo

The Ravens schedule is why they sneak in. It would be a big letdown if they fail to win those games they need to

2 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

Records of remaining opponents

Dolphins 33-15   .688
Bills 29-19   .604
Patriots 25-23   .521
Colts 23-25   .479
Raiders 23-25   .479
Browns 22-25   .468
Titans 19-29   .396
Ravens 20-38-1   .347

Dolphins are so screwed. I can't imagine them holding up despite being 1 up in the loss column. I'll call them a coin flip at home against the Pats and on the road in LV. But big underdogs to KC and Buffalo

The Ravens schedule is why they sneak in. It would be a big letdown if they fail to win those games they need to

Nervous Laugh GIF by memecandy - Find & Share on GIPHY

7 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

Browns 22-25   .468

IMO that's deceiving considering they still get Baltimore and Pittsburgh. The Jets are left on their schedule, as are the NYG, but the Giants have been on a roll lately and are 1st in their division/playing for a playoff spot, so the last few games could get interesting. Baltimore will give them all they want as a divisional opponent who absolutely MUST WIN in a week as well.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

I'm fairly close on this..

I do have the Bills and Steelers flipped

I also have the Colts/Titans flipped

And Ravens only potential loss is the Browns IMO. They will run those bottom feeder games

I agree that Raiders and Dolphins are the odd teams out (and I guess we are including Pats these days)

Its not a real thread if the Pats are not included. I only put them in cause technically they still have a realistic shot until the fat lady sings I will never discount them from making it. Titans/colts will be interesting as the titans have 1 up in the division as a tiebreaker. With Jags and Texans still have to be played for both that will pretty much lock the titans if they win those 2 unless they have more overall losses. 

Steelers beat the Bills then they pretty much lock the #2 spot up as they will now be up 3 games with 3 games remaining. If bills win then the 2 spot can get interesting.

Ravens definitely have the easiest schedule for wild card opportunity. Where is the steelers and kc records of remaining opponents as I know Steelers have a fairly difficult task as much as the bills. Kc I know has Saints and Dolphins but it doesnt seem like it will be overly difficult.

Edited by soflbillsfan

At this point it could be the Ravens, Raiders or Dolphins. All are pretty good teams that have a chance of being edged out towards the end of the season. In particular I don't envy Vegas for having to play the Colts and Dolphins in the next three weeks.

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

IMO that's deceiving considering they still get Baltimore and Pittsburgh. The Jets are left on their schedule, as are the NYG, but the Giants have been on a roll lately and are 1st in their division/playing for a playoff spot, so the last few games could get interesting. Baltimore will give them all they want as a divisional opponent who absolutely MUST WIN in a week as well.

BAL and PIT are both vulnerable. I could easily see them beating either. Moreso PIT because they may be locked into the #1 or #2 seed entering week 17 and have nothing to play for.

48 minutes ago, Starless said:

BAL and PIT are both vulnerable. I could easily see them beating either. Moreso PIT because they may be locked into the #1 or #2 seed entering week 17 and have nothing to play for.

only way Pitt is locked in to the top 2 seeds is if they beat the bills leaving them a 3 game lead on bills titans/colts. They still need to battle out for the 1 seed to get the bye so unless they beat Bills and lose 2 after that I see no reason why Pitt would not be playing for anything week 17. 

3 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

only way Pitt is locked in to the top 2 seeds is if they beat the bills leaving them a 3 game lead on bills titans/colts. They still need to battle out for the 1 seed to get the bye so unless they beat Bills and lose 2 after that I see no reason why Pitt would not be playing for anything week 17. 

The Steelers still hold the tiebreaker over the Chiefs by virtue of their divisional record. There's a variety of possible outcomes over the next 3 weeks for both teams. Many of them would make week 17 irrelevant for the Steelers. You have to figure in that the Chiefs still have games against Miami and New Orleans as well. It's entirely possible that they drop at least one of those, while the Steelers win their next 3, making week 17 irrelevant for both teams. 

On 12/7/2020 at 4:21 PM, rich homie said:

If the Colts win then that probably does it for the Raiders, but I'd hardly say that game decides everything. If we assume Cleveland has one wild card spot locked up that still leaves two more for Indy/Ten, Miami, LV, and Baltimore, none of whom look likely to run the table.

Baltimore might...judging by their remaining sched