Who gets left out in the AFC?

Slingin' Sammy

20 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Dolphins have a tough remaining schedule if they can beat out the Bills, Pats, KC and Raiders then they deserve to win the division and make the playoffs but going to Buffalo in January. Playing KC and the Pats (while beatable) is just going to be rough to overcome. 

Agreed. The Dolphins remind me a lot of the Bills last year. They don't look great even against mediocre teams, but they find a way to win which is a testament to a well coached team, imo. They may squeak in, but they're definitely the team I'd like to play that's currently in the WC race outside of the Raiders. 

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I'm not one to normally complain, but it's a joke how hard our schedule is compared to say cleveland, indy, miami, and a bunch of other afc teams tbh.

As bipolar and bad as we've been at times, this schedule has made it incredibly tough to scrape in.

Dolphins have a tougher division IMO, having to play the Pats and Bills four times. The divisions played each other, so the Raiders got the Jets once.

The Raiders played the NFC South, so they had the Panthers and Falcons. The Dolphins played the NFC West, which has been a tougher division than the South.

Raiders had the Colts/Browns while the Dolphins had the Jaguars/Bengals - those are really the only differences, which are significant - but because the Dolphins had two tougher division games and two tougher out of conference games, I think Miami has had it tougher

8 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I'm not one to normally complain, but it's a joke how hard our schedule is compared to say cleveland, indy, miami, and a bunch of other afc teams tbh.

As bipolar and bad as we've been at times, this schedule has made it incredibly tough to scrape in.

How hard your schedule going in to the season the Raiders were ranked 21st out of 32 (1 being the hardest schedule). you named the dolphins they were 3rd in the nfl so I am not sure why you threw them in there as having a cake walk. While yes they played the Bengals and the Jaguars they had to play the AFC West and NFC West. Raiders had to play the AFC East and the NFC South. Both NFC divisions are tough compared to AFC North getting the NFC East which should be a cake walk.Raiders have an opportunity to be 2nd in the division and still make it you are facing 2 divisional games with losing records. You mention INdy and Miami yet those are 2 games you have remaining if the Raiders beat them then they should be in the playoffs so it is on the raiders to win in order to make the playoffs rather then blame the schedule. Not many teams get the opportunity to put the playoffs in their hand at this time of year with that record but they do because they face 2 other teams trying to make the playoffs and 2 teams who are landing a top 10 draft pick. 

8 minutes ago, rich homie said:

Given their schedules it looks like the Browns and an AFC South team are almost certain to get two spots, barring some catastrophic injuries or COVID havoc. Looks like last spot will be Miami or Baltimore

You’re right and going by schedules, I pick Baltimore over Miami.

5. Baltimore Ravens 11-5

6. Cleveland Browns 11-5

7. Miami Dolphins 10-6

Left Out:

8. Indianapolis Colts 10-6

9. New England Patriots 8-8

10. Las Vegas Raiders 8-8

Personally I think Miami wins their next two and loses to Buffalo the final week. 

Indy is basically 4th in tie breakers. There is almost no chance Indy gets in unless they go 11-5. Colts next week is huge against Houston. That game will probably decide if the final spot is Indy or Miami. And I think it’s a 50/50 coin flip game. Indy probably loses to Pittsburgh and beats Jacksonville in their final two games. 

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Indy is basically 4th in tie breakers. There is almost no chance Indy gets in unless they go 11-5. Colts next week is huge against Houston. That game will probably decide if the final spot is Indy or Miami. And I think it’s a 50/50 coin flip game. Indy probably loses to Pittsburgh and beats Jacksonville in their final two games. 

Why wouldn't Indy be substantially favored against the Texans in their dome. Not that the home part matters, but they are a much better team than the Texans right now.

Edited by wackywabbit
  • Like 1

Just now, wackywabbit said:

Why wouldn't Indy be substantially favored against the Texans in their dome. Not that the home part matters, but they are a much better team than the Texans right now.

They barely beat Houston in their last game... which was just a couple weeks ago. And outside of the Bears game this week, Houston has been on fire. For me it’s super close like 51% Indy 49% Houston. And I’d say a dome without fans favors Houston more than Indy, they are a classic team built for a dome.

On 12/9/2020 at 8:42 AM, FrantikRam said:

Dolphins have a tougher division IMO, having to play the Pats and Bills four times. The divisions played each other, so the Raiders got the Jets once.

The Raiders played the NFC South, so they had the Panthers and Falcons. The Dolphins played the NFC West, which has been a tougher division than the South.

Raiders had the Colts/Browns while the Dolphins had the Jaguars/Bengals - those are really the only differences, which are significant - but because the Dolphins had two tougher division games and two tougher out of conference games, I think Miami has had it tougher

No, Bengals Jags and Jets are essentially bye weeks. It does wonders stopping the bleeding. The Raiders got caught with too many tough opponents to overcome and almost suffered from a sandwich game in the Meadowlands. Ravens are going to slip in a feel. They will run the table.