Multiple Members of Team test Positive

paraven

On 11/24/2020 at 8:16 PM, drd23 said:

They did.  It was only a fine (which is what I'd expect would happen to the Ravens too, assuming they followed protocols)

https://www.espn.com.au/nfl/story/_/id/30187454/nfl-fines-tennessee-titans-350k-covid-19-violations

The Raiders have been punished since that story above too

And you were correct. The Ravens receipts were found thin.

51 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

How is that strength and conditioning coach not immediately fired? 

Yeah, I just saw that part of the update. He definitely should be fired and not only that he should receive a one year suspension from the NFL for his actions.

In addition, I think the Ravens deserve to be fined $1m as an organization and depending on how much oversight Harbaugh has in all of this, he should be fined 100k. We should also be docked a 4th or 5th round pick. This interrupted a Thanksgiving game and thus heads need to roll.

18 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

I'm still optimistic man. Cowboys are complete junk. Even if we lose to the Steelers. We have a decent shot ending the season 11-5. 

Season turning around after this would be one of the biggest turn arounds in a while

I don't see how the game gets played on Sunday.  Now the only question is whether the Ravens forfeit it, or whether it gets rescheduled to "Week 18".

Either way, its guaranteed some sort of punishment is coming down the line, and a loss of a draft pick is looking likelier by the day

53 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

For as much as that strength and conditioning coach is being "cancelled" out on the web, I REALLY hope everyone was very positive this was all his fault, before they threw his name out there.

I get what you’re saying and I do have my doubts about all this to a degree. Like, how was the employee allowed to exist within the Ravens facility without a mask on. Was security not tracking such things? How could the guy get in the building without wearing a mask? Did security not catch him not wearing a mask on their rounds? Was security not instructed to report the staff member?

How about the players? Was the guy just touching weights and they didn’t see or were they working out with him while his mask was off? Like I have a lot of questions here. And unless the Ravens coaches have a VERY good answer, I have to think there’s more than just one guy culpable in all this. Sounds more like a fall guy to try and avoid a more massive penalization. Like getting caught with your hand in the cookie jar and saying, “I was getting the cookie for you.” A good part of me feels they’re just trying to save face like the Titans did with their incident.

The organizational cache will definitely take a hit after this one. After this, barring a cancellation of the season, the only way for the Ravens to truly turn this around would be to come back and at least make it to an AFCCG or something. Heck they’d probably have to win the SB. That’d turn this into a redemption story vs what will likely be one of the worst punishments in NFL history. Very real possibility that we become the first franchise in NFL history forced to forfeit a football game. Add on a fine that will likely be anywhere between 500k and 1m as well as probably a 4th round draft pick... and this will certainly be every bit as up there with the Saints and the Patriots Spygate and Bountygate punishments.

We’ll see though, how badly the Ravens get hit here.

2 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

For as much as that strength and conditioning coach is being "cancelled" out on the web, I REALLY hope everyone was very positive this was all his fault, before they threw his name out there.

FWIW, I heard his name from Jeff Z and I don't think he would throw Saunders' name out there unless he was sure about it.

That being said, we deserve everything coming our way with this, from fines to draft picks to forfeits. As @diamondbull424 said the other day, this feels like the Madden Curse taking it's toll on us this year.

• Like 1

I've never gotten the impression that Jeff Z is the sort of journalist that would cut corners for a story.  He doesn't even comment on which players test positive for COVID until it's officially announced by the franchise because of company policy.  The fact he tweeted out the name says to me that he's pretty sure it is the head S&C coach that was suspended by the team

• Like 1