Raiders Draft Review

Chwf3rd25

12 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I really think DL/pass rush should be the priority, but I am not opposed to CB or the ND LB if they are BPA. Any impact player will help this team rn.

But adding a DL who can be a force (easier said than done) will instantly improve this team.

I don’t think we need a 1st round LB... I’d rather take my chances playing Littleton at WILL not SAM (horrible move from the beginning.... he’s not a stack and shed guy he needs to flow freely to the ball)....

but I think if there’s a Dylan Moses or someone else who slips into the second id Jump on it.

also.... I think people around here will realize that the DT class isn’t one that’s gonna have an instant impact.  The class at the top has some pretty raw guys.

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

I don’t think we need a 1st round LB... I’d rather take my chances playing Littleton at WILL not SAM (horrible move from the beginning.... he’s not a stack and shed guy he needs to flow freely to the ball)....

but I think if there’s a Dylan Moses or someone else who slips into the second id Jump on it.

also.... I think people around here will realize that the DT class isn’t one that’s gonna have an instant impact.  The class at the top has some pretty raw guys.

Edge however has some ballers at the top IMO

10 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

meh....

Greg Rousseau won’t be there when we pick and Kwity Paye is too much like Ferrell.... we don’t need 2 DEs that can’t bend and beat OTs Outside

We need pass rush however we can get it. Ojulari is my favorite for the pick. He can really bend. Reminds me of a poor mans Von Miller.

3 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

We need pass rush however we can get it. Ojulari is my favorite for the pick. He can really bend. Reminds me of a poor mans Von Miller.

Yes.. but if we don’t how often do DEs who can’t win outside have success as pass rushers in the NFL?  Paye doesn’t excite me at all.  He’s a slightly more athletic but less skilled Ferrell... strictly a base end imo

Ojulari is good but idk can’t see him playing 3 down De in 4-3..... if we went 3-4 then sure .... only 6-3 240ish   Maybe he could play SAM and 3rd down DE.... but he’s more of a late 1st then 17th or so pick.

9 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Yes.. but if we don’t how often do DEs who can’t win outside have success as pass rushers in the NFL?  Paye doesn’t excite me at all.  He’s a slightly more athletic but less skilled Ferrell... strictly a base end imo

Ojulari is good but idk can’t see him playing 3 down De in 4-3..... if we went 3-4 then sure .... only 6-3 240ish   Maybe he could play SAM and 3rd down DE.... but he’s more of a late 1st then 17th or so pick.

I don’t Paye at all. Seems like a guy who can struggle at the next level.... can’t risk it 

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

We might be in a 3-4 next year with wade. He's gonna be a top 20 pick IMO. He was absolutely dominant in the bowl game and in all the games I saw him play.

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

We might be in a 3-4 next year with wade. He's gonna be a top 20 pick IMO. He was absolutely dominant in the bowl game and in all the games I saw him play.

I puke at the idea of a 3-4 defense... Unless your drafting someone like Ojulari and able to pick up Von Miller.  3-4 only works when your olb can get lots of sacks/pressure and it ain’t easy to find those guy.... Wade couldn’t get pressure from olb in LA he just was lucky AD was playing out of this world 

2 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I puke at the idea of a 3-4 defense... Unless your drafting someone like Ojulari and able to pick up Von Miller.  3-4 only works when your olb can get lots of sacks/pressure and it ain’t easy to find those guy.... Wade couldn’t get pressure from olb in LA he just was lucky AD was playing out of this world 

Crosby can't play 3-4 OLB? I think he could. I actually think our personnel is fine for 3-4 for the most part. I just want another pass rusher. IDL is more important, but I don't want to reach at DT because I think the class will be deep on day 2.

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

Crosby can't play 3-4 OLB? I think he could. I actually think our personnel is fine for 3-4 for the most part. I just want another pass rusher. IDL is more important, but I don't want to reach at DT because I think the class will be deep on day 2.

I don’t like Crosby at 3-4 olb.... not twitchy enough IMO.  Yes the class is deep in rounds 2-3.... but even then I don’t see those prospects making a major Impact year 1

20 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Why we keep trying to bring in old coaches.... guys get out schemed when their better days are behind them. 

Thank you! I wrote basically a thesis statement about this yesterday 

plus... I’d take a young coach who can relate and motivate the players and one who is hungry.... will put the work in to make a name for himself.  Do you really think Wade phillips is the first in last out of the office at his age?  He’s in bed by 9pm i bet!