Raiders Draft Review

Chwf3rd25

5 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

It wasn't his talent level that got him traded it was his attitude. The last straw was when he took a phone call from a car dealership in the middle of the team meeting. 

Where you get this from. And his attitude should have been researched. Or maybe try to get to him cause you spent a third on him. 

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Second that. Where is rumor from?

I forgot but I posted it at the beginning of the season, It was a real website.

Here is a post about him not learning the playbook, I can't find the 1 about the phone call but it says he's  more interested in getting cars than  picking up the playbook

Edited by Bitty 2.0

21 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I forgot but I posted it at the beginning of the season, It was a real website.

Here is a post about him not learning the playbook, I can't find the 1 about the phone call but it says he's  more interested in getting cars than  picking up the playbook

The way this year is going watch Bowden light us up.

Offense definitely looks stagnant. Wasting the potential of guys like Ruggs and Edwards, while a guy like Bowden is getting targeted heavily in Miami. The 3rd down playcall in the Chargers game is all the evidence you need to see that Gruden is holding the team back.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Arnette needs to show why we drafted him. I really wanted Jaylon Johnson early and Cameron Dantzler later both have had steller rookie seasons, my only question is would they have been as good with us really starting to question the Raiders ability to develop talent.

Jaylon Johnson was my favorite CB in the draft. 

I think he would've been fine. I think our ability to draft talent has more to do with an inability to identify untapped talent. Arnette was taken because "he was pro ready", as said by a regime that deems Erik Harris and Dallin Leavitt as NFL talent. I think that's pretty telling, as Ferrell was given the same general type of endorsement. Being pro ready isn't a good or savvy answer. Are they starter pro ready? Back end of the roster pro ready? 

To me, we're drafting high(ish) floor, low ceiling guys and some are expecting all-pro performances from them. Even during the draft, it seems like  a never ending "Um....ok? Hope it works out. Seems like we could've gotten him later, but he's a Raider now so full support given." from the fan base. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Arnette needs to show why we drafted him. I really wanted Jaylon Johnson early and Cameron Dantzler later both have had steller rookie seasons, my only question is would they have been as good with us really starting to question the Raiders ability to develop talent.

6 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Watching Jefferson break randy moss rookie record makes me hate hr3 lol

My picks in the Nation vs Mayock are looking pretty good right now.  

#12 Kinlaw

#19 Jefferson

#80 Dantzler

27 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

100%

I remember many saying Dantzler was to slow and nobody wanted to listen when I said it was from trying to add weight before the combine.  Kid was a 1st round talent but instead we drafted a WR/RB/QB that could not make it to the regular season.

29 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I remember many saying Dantzler was to slow and nobody wanted to listen when I said it was from trying to add weight before the combine.  Kid was a 1st round talent but instead we drafted a WR/RB/QB that could not make it to the regular season.

Yup i agreed with you.

28 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I liked Dantzler too. He was the only guy who held his own against Jamarr Chase from what I remember. Check my receipts :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Jefferson would have 40 targets all season in this offense just so we are all clear.

Possibly but he also would not have injured himself in the offseason and been able to create more chemistry with Carr when they were doing non team practices.  He would also be a better option to take over for Williams going out.  Who knows how it would affect the rest of the offense but we can go off of what has taken place in their rookie seasons.

19 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Possibly but he also would not have injured himself in the offseason and been able to create more chemistry with Carr when they were doing non team practices.  He would also be a better option to take over for Williams going out.  Who knows how it would affect the rest of the offense but we can go off of what has taken place in their rookie seasons.

Even if he's a star, he might get benched for his backup like Jacobs did for Booker.