Week 12: Bares at Packers

packfanfb

Home field hasn't been much of an advantage lately (last 2 home games anyways).

This will be a very competitive game I suspect.  Hicks and Montgomery look to be back.  Trubs is the wildcard here, if only because we haven't seen him play in a while.  He can definitely scramble and isn't a statue like Foles.

Need to win the turnover battle, per usual with the Bears.  And of course, protect Rodgers.

9 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

Home field hasn't been much of an advantage lately (last 2 home games anyways).

This will be a very competitive game I suspect.  Hicks and Montgomery look to be back.  Trubs is the wildcard here, if only because we haven't seen him play in a while.  He can definitely scramble and isn't a statue like Foles.

Need to win the turnover battle, per usual with the Bears.  And of course, protect Rodgers.

Montgomery sucks. Every carry they give him over Patterson is a plus IMO. Hicks didn't practice and he'd be probably the biggest loss the Bears could suffer on D absent Mack. Hammys usually take longer than 2 weeks to play especially in any type of cold weather. 

Have to say, easily the biggest concern I have in this game is ST. Patterson is the best KR in the game and our ST sucks all around absent Crosby. That alone could change the game at a key moment (see Colts game).

25 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Not a must-win game by any means, but it'd be nice to have a 3+ game lead in the division with 5 games to play.

Must win IMO unless you want the division to come down to Week 17 at Chi. The Bears aren't very good but they also have a soft schedule the rest of the way (Jax (A), Hou (H), Det (H)) and a toss up game at Minny. If they beat us Sunday, they're probably 9-6 at worst come Week 17. Conversely, say we lose and then just lose to Ten at home, that's 10-5. You want Week 17 to determine maybe not only the division but whether you make the playoffs at all?

This is a must win game. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

This is a must win game. 

I feel the same way.  There are no true must win games until the math says you’ll be eliminated but there are huge implications this Sunday. Top that off with the very slim chance the final games get canceled and this becomes huge. I believe both teams will come to play but we should have the advantage.  

I know there was a lot of dissatisfaction last week but we had stretches on O and D where we looked locked in, the trouble was we couldn’t sustain it and overcome the numerous mistakes. It’s time to start playing like a playoff contender and to get ready for what’s ahead. 

23 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Looks like we are gonna be facing Mitch

bring it on!

I'm getting bad vibes about it.  Dude has absolutely nothing to lose and the Bears really need this game badly.  If the Packers play the ultra soft variety of defense they can do some damage, but if the Packers play aggressively and get after it I think the Bears will struggle to score.

2 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I'm getting bad vibes about it.  Dude has absolutely nothing to lose and the Bears really need this game badly.  If the Packers play the ultra soft variety of defense they can do some damage, but if the Packers play aggressively and get after it I think the Bears will struggle to score.

I personally like Nick Foles, so Im all in on rooting for Mitch to fail.

if he beats us, it makes the bears look dumb in the process 

I just hope MVS has a monster game.  I think this season is going to end in disappointment, so what I want out of the rest of the year:

Jaire, Darnell, Rashan, Z, Kenny, Krys, Kamal and Kevin (if we re-sign him) to pad their stats in spite of their terrible DC.

Dillon to get reps/experience.

MVS to gain confidence.

10 hours ago, Refugee said:
10 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Must win IMO unless you want the division to come down to Week 17 at Chi. The Bears aren't very good but they also have a soft schedule the rest of the way (Jax (A), Hou (H), Det (H)) and a toss up game at Minny. If they beat us Sunday, they're probably 9-6 at worst come Week 17. Conversely, say we lose and then just lose to Ten at home, that's 10-5. You want Week 17 to determine maybe not only the division but whether you make the playoffs at all?

This is a must win game. 

And so does GB...We only have one game left with a team above .500 and that's Tennessee....The Lions and Eagles aren't the teams they were last year, so I don't expect much competition from either one....