BDL 2020 Week 11 - Singapore Sentinels @ Berlin Blitzkrieg

rackcs

Singapore Sentinels @ Berlin Blitzkrieg  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Singapore Sentinels
    • Berlin Blitzkrieg

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/26/2020 at 05:01 AM

BDL 2020 Week 11

Match: Singapore Sentinels @ Berlin Blitzkrieg

Away Owner: @SirA1

Home Owner: @Ragnarok

Vote for who you think would win the game.

Rules:
One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For members, who have been following along, and wish to vote.  Please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Note: Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (Q) are game-time decisions.

Good luck to you both

Singapore Sentinels

QB: Tom Brady
RB1: Clyde Edwards-Helaire (60%)
WR1: Keenan Allen (90%)
WR2: Mecole Hardman (70%)
WR3: Gabriel Davis (30%)
TE1: Darren Waller (85%)
LT: Duane Brown
LG: Bradley Bozeman 
😄 Eric McCoy 
RG: Wyatt Teller
RT: Jack Conklin
--------------------
RB2: Kareem Hunt (40%)
RB3: James Conner (20%)
TE2: Darren Fells (30%)
WR4: Cole Beasley (30%)
WR5:  Darnell Mooney (30%) 
WR5: Rashard Higgins (15%)
OL6: Matt Feiler 
OL7: Patrick Mekari

DE: Hasson Reddick (80%)
DT: Aaron Donald (90%)
DT: Fletcher Cox (80%)
DE: Preston Smith (60%)
MLB: Deion Jones (100%)
WLB: Kevin Pierre-Louis (70%)
CB: Kyle Fuller (100%)
CB: Rashad Fenton (85%)
NCB: Jonathan Jones (70%)
S: John Johnson III (100%)
S: Desmond King II (80%)
--------------------
DL3: Bilal Nichols (30%)
DE3: Markus Golden (35%)
DE4: Robert Quinn (25%)
LB3: Andrew Van Ginkel (25%)
LB4: Justin Hollins (20%)
CB4: Lonnie Johnson (40%)
S3: Shawn Williams (10%)
S4: Ryan Neal (10%)

Berlin Blitzkrieg

QB - Aaron Rodgers
RB - Aaron Jones
WR - Robert Woods
WR - Christian Kirk
WR - Brandon Aiyuk
TE - Hunter Henry
LT - Kolton Miller
LG - Solomon Kindley
C - Corey Linsley
RG - Alex Cappa
RT - Tristan Wirfs

RB - Salvon Ahmed
RB - Anthony McFarland
WR - MVS
WR - Marquise Brown
TE - Irv Smith
TE - Jordan Akins
OL - Taylor Moton
OL - Dan Feeney

DE - Za’Darius Smith
DT - Quinnen Williams
NT - Derrick Brown
DE - DeMarcus Lawrence
LB - Tremaine Edmunds
LB - Rashaan Evans
RCB - Rock Ya-Sin
LCB - Kendall Fuller
NB - Byron Murphy
S - Antoine Winfield Jr
S - Juan Thornhill

DE - Deatrich Wise
DE - Trey Hendrickson
DL - Zach Sieler
DT - Kingsley Keke
LB - Kyzir White
CB - Jeff Gladney
CB - Lamarcus Joyner
S - Tarvarius Moore

Singapore Sentinels

Motivation - The Pacific Division and No 4 Seed are locked up. Should probably save something in case we play Berlin again in the playoffs.

Offensive Strategy
Formations:  3-4 WR (60%)/ 2 TE (20%)/ 2 RB (20%)
Scheme:  Pass (50%) vs Run (50%)

Rushing
CEH will get the start this week. HUnt and Conner will spell him and Conner will handle short yardage/goal line plays. CEH and Hunt are threats both in the run game and passing game out of the backfield or in the slot. We will use outside zone runs to stretch the Berlin DL out and set up the pass for Brady with some play action. The versatility of our offensive weapons allows them to line up in multiple spots and give Brady a quick out to move the ball.  

Our OL is thankfully intact again this week to plow the road for our outstanding RB’s. Waller will occasionally get a Jet Sweep sprinkled in this week to use his ability to break tackles and get tough yards to keep the chains moving. We will be using more 2 TE sets this week to run behind as well.

Passing
We will spread them out so get favorable matchups with LB’s on WR’s. Starting out in a base 11 personnel of 3 WR, Gabriel Davis and Mecole Hardman on the outsides along with slot WR Kennan Allen to be Tom’s main weapons this week. We know this passing game runs through Allen and Waller but Gabriel has earned more playing time. He is a playmaker that can take it to the house on any play.

Tom will assess the defense and use his incredible processing power to get the ball out quickly. Beasley and Mooney are both solid intermediate targets that have the capability to make the most with their catches. In 4 WR sets Darnell Mooney brings speed, speed, speed, to go along with Allen and Hardman’s route running skills. Hardman and Mooney stretch the field for deep shots to keep the Blitz on their toes. In 2 TE sets Darren Fells can be an extra blocker or RedZone target. Higgins rounds out the receiving Corps to give the other guys some rest from running up and down the field on Berlin.

Defensive Strategy
Formation:  4-2-5 Defense / 3-3-5 / 3-2-6
Our main defensive formation will consist of the 4-2-5 (Nickle). In my opinion, this formation is putting our best 11 on the field thus giving our defense the best chance to contain Jackson.

Rush Defense
Aaron Donald and Fletcher Cox clog the middle and get penetration this week to collapse the pocket on Rodgers. Kevin Pierre-Louis will spy on Aaron Jones this week to limit his yards to something manageable. Deion Jones will focus on keeping Hunter Henry corralled. Nichols will rotate in to keep our dynamic interior duo fresh. Van Ginkel will come in versus heavy run sets if they decide to go that way.

Pass Rush
Haason Reddick and Preston Smith will set the edges and we will be dialing up blitz packages this week to force Rodgers to throw quickly and not give his receivers time to develop their routes. So we’ll look to exploit things against Berlin’s right leaning OL by keeping the pressure on for the bulk of the game with a safety blitz or the LB spying on Jones putting pressure on him as well.The depth off the bench in Golden and Quinn will make sure that Rodgers has no time and nowhere to run all day. 

Pass Defense - Scheme:  Cover 1 Man 
After the murderer’s row of WR we faced last month we get a slight reprieve versus Berlin. Woods is the clear WR1 and will draw coverage from Kyle Fuller, who will look to punch the ball out.:) We are confident that our secondary is up to the task of preventing this passing game from developing. Kirk will be covered by Fenton and Jonathan Jones will lock down Aiyuk in the slot. John Johnson will play a robber role this week underneath and be part of the blitz package. Desmond King will have deep coverage this week with relief. If Brown comes in as a WR4 King will cover him with Lonnie Johnson coming in for Dime situations and taking over deep coverage.

Coverage Assignments:
·        Robert Woods / Kyle Fuller - CB 
·        Christian Kirk / Rashad Fenton CB
·        Brandon Aiyuk / Jonathan Jones - CB
·        Marquise Brown / Desmond King - S
·        Hunter Henry / Deion Jones LB

Berlin Blitzkrieg

Offense

Overview - Use jet motion, attack the edges.

OL - We welcome Kolton back this week and move Tristan back to RT.  We are going to trust them to handle the edge rushers alone as we will need our three interior players to focus solely on the toughest interior duo we have faced yet this season.

3 WR - 55% - As per usual, we will rotate Kirk, Woods, and Aiyuk in and out of the slot throughout the game.  One of those three will typically come in a jet sweep motion(either from the slot or an outside WR) and may or may not take a hand off or push pass if we are in shotgun.

Off the jet sweep motion, we will get back to our stretch run play as we think we have an advantage on the edges.  We want to get Jones plenty of touches attacking the edges, but we will bring in Ahmed at times to get some touches and spell Jones.  We believe that our jet sweep motion going one way and stretch run going back the other way will stress their defense horizontally.  In the pass game, we will use some screens and quick flares to the RBs to slow down those interior linemen.

We are going to have our WRs and Henry run lots of rubs, slants, outs, and crossers as those are man coverage beaters and they will allow Rodgers to find gaps in any zone coverage we may see.

Henry is going to be split out only around 1/3rd of the time as we want him in-line more to help seal the edge for our jet sweep or stretch play.  When he splits out, he will 1. get another defender out of the box  2. force a LB or S to cover him in space and 3.  serve as a blocker for WR screens.  We are going to take some shots to Henry further down field and he will have an option route.  If Cover 2, Henry will break to the middle of the field.  If single high safety, Henry will break outside.

We will also incorporate a number of rollouts, typically to the TE side, on plays when Henry lines up in-line so that he can help seal the DE to his side before releasing into a route so Rodgers can get outside the pocket and potentially pick up cheap yards with his legs.

We will also take some deep shots, usually off double moves following playaction, once their CBs start to press up more and more.  We think their CBs can be susceptible to a double move, so that’s how we will get our chunk plays.  We will typically keep Jones in to help block the interior while Henry will release as a check down option.

4 WR - 25% - Hollywood or MVS comes in for Henry to force Singapore to put a 4th CB on the field.  We will continue to incorporate pre-snap motion against a spread out defense and to allow for a free release.  We will be almost exclusively in shotgun here to get a little extra space against those DTs.  We want to attack the secondary with every type of route in a backyard football style but we will have a couple WRs running underneath routes at all times.  We will use Jones on draws, screens, and quick flare routes to keep those interior guys from just sprinting at the QB.

Look for Rodgers to sprint out to either side on occasion to move the pocket away from the DTs, allow more time for routes to develop, and see if he can pick up cheap yards.

We will use trips to one side with Aiyuk, Woods, and Kirk bunched up.  We will use them for screens as well as have them release into standard pass routes.  There will be crossing/rubbing action out of trips to allow for free releases and to hopefully force a DB to go around the rub action.

Hollywood/MVS will be on the other side and if there’s no safety over the top, we will take shots to them down the field.

2 TE - 20% - Irv comes in for Aiyuk.  We are going to move him around the formation to give us a blocking advantage in the run game.  We want to use this a bit more this week as we think we will have a physicality advantage on the edges, but there won’t be any jet sweep motion from this set.  Look for plenty of stretch runs here, but we will also use a naked bootleg off the run action to get Rodgers plenty of space to survey the field.

Defense

Overview - Load up the box, take away quick throws, dare Brady to beat us deep.

DL - We welcome Quinnen back this week and he starts next to Brown.  We are going to keep it simple this week and just have our DL line up and win.

Nickel - Kendall has Keenan, Rock has Gabriel, and Byron has Hardman in man coverage.  Tremaine has Waller and Winfield will play up in the box and has the RB.

Rashaan is going to serve a number of roles in the pass game, but we want him to focus on the run game as Singapore has some very good RBs.  In the pass game(in order of frequency), he will help bracket the TE, sit in a middle zone, blitz up the middle, or help bracket the slot WR.

Thornhill is going to play a little closer than usual this week.  Brady is only 3 of 28 on deep passes since week 5, so we are gonna test his deep game today.  At the snap, Thornhill will either 1.  slide to Hardman to help Byron over the top  2.  come even closer to the line to Keenan’s side to help bracket him or  3.  stay in a middle zone.

We will also use Cover-3 around 1/3rd of the time as it will look about the same presnap.  Our CBs would follow any pre-snap motion, then drop into a zone.

4 WR - Joyner comes in for Rashaan and takes the 4th WR.  Winfield would play up in the box and have the RB in man coverage.

Tremaine basically take over Rashaan’s role in 3 WR sets, focusing on the run game.  In the pass game, he will either sit in a middle zone to take away slants and crossers or come on a delayed blitz.

Thornhill will serve the same role as in 3 WR sets.

We will incorporate more Cover-2 zone here with Winfield dropping back to a deep half after the snap.

TRIPS - If they go with trips to a side, Rock takes the outside WR, Byron takes middle, and Winfield takes the inside WR as they release.  We think those three can blow up any WR screens or pick routes.

Joyner would play in the box and have the RB in man coverage. Tremaine would play the same role.

Kendall would have man coverage on the far side.

Thornhill will sit deep shaded to the trips side.

BASE -

2 TE - Hendrickson comes in for Rock and plays DE while Z stands up.  Z will be rushing Brady, but we will move him around the formation so he can rush from different spots.  Tremaine will have Waller while Rashaan takes the other TE.  Winfield will again play up in the box and have the RB in man coverage.

Byron and Kendall play sides and Thornhill sits semi-deep shaded to Keenan’s side.

2 RB - With all Sing’s RBs, we wouldn’t be surprised to see some looks with two of them at the same time.  Tarvarius comes in for Rock and plays OLB.  Kendall, Byron, and Thornhill do the same thing.  Tremaine would have the TE in man.

Winfield would have the RB that releases to one side while Tarvarius would have the RB that releases to the other side.  That way they don’t have to cross the formation.  Rashaan would be responsible for everything between the tackles and sit in a middle zone in the run game.

As none of their RBs serve as lead blockers, we think the additional speed Tarvarius brings would be more beneficial here.

Man these gameplans From these 2 have been great all season. I feel like QB is a push and as a singular player Jones is better than anyone 1 RB that Singapore has.

Having said that, I look at a couple things. first, both teams have excellent defenses imo, secondly Singapore had a great week at the RB position. Ik Tom Brady hasn't played yet, nor has Donald but I think we can all agree within reasonable of the quality of players they are.

This to me is a dog fight but I like Donald and Cox to do just enough to help slow down Jones and I like Singapore's depth at RB to pay off in the end (I still think Jones has plenty to eat). And I'm not gonna lie, having watched last nights epic battle in prime time, CEH starting here really topped it off for me.

I see this as either a high or very low scoring game.

I'm going to go with a low scoring defensive battle.

17-14 Singapore 

Edited by wwhickok
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Man these gameplans From these 2 have been great all season. I feel like QB is a push and as a singular player Jones is better than anyone 1 RB that Singapore has.

Having said that, I look at a couple things. first, both teams have excellent defenses imo, secondly Singapore had a great week at the RB position. Ik Tom Brady hasn't played yet, nor has Donald but I think we can all agree within reasonable of the quality of players they are.

This to me is a dog fight but I like Donald and Cox to do just enough to help slow down Jones and I like Singapore's depth at RB to pay off in the end (I still think Jones has plenty to eat). And I'm not gonna lie, having watched last nights epic battle in prime time, CEH starting here really topped it off for me.

I see this as either a high or very low scoring game.

I'm going to go with a low scoring defensive battle.

17-14 Singapore 

4 out of 5 weeks with a WSR vote against me.  Someone really wants that #1 seed.  I'm just kidding so don't freak out.

• Like 2