Raiders sign Beasley to PS, claim Takk McKinley

NYRaider

I see PG not making it long and Rod getting the most out of these two with a playoff push. Rod had Dallas D stout with a bunch of no name guys. Need the ability to 'mix it up' which is NOT PG's style.  Takk at DE when Ferrell slides inside and Vic at SAM coming in hard and Crosby dropping into coverage. Mix it UP!!!

From extensive research (a couple of YouTube highlight vids) Takk didn't show anything other than speed to beat you off the edge, Beasley offers some nice shiftiness though so I'm more excited for him.

I've seen mentions about how Kwiat and Littleton have had previous success on the blitz but all I see is them run into a blocker and that's the blitz finished... 

*Going to go on a hunt today to find out more about this reported laziness on Beasley etc. 

Either way 100% worth taking a chance on these!

On 11/24/2020 at 10:11 AM, big_palooka said:

2 guys off a team (Atlanta) that has as poor a pass rush as the Raiders? Call me pesimistic.

Beasley did nothing in Tennessee and was cut.

Takk - https://bloggingdirty.com/2020/11/10/takk-mckinley-biggest-bust/

While both guys did show really big potential earlier in their careers and are both very young 25+28..... I don’t think they’ll contribute much.

i am glad we have at least realize the need and attempted to fill it the best we could this late in the season for 1) a lengthy 3T 2) speed Def. Pass Rusher aka 3rd down DE.  I’ve been ranting about how we lack these things and its Hampering our Defense.

I think Irving can certainly prove to be a solid 3rd DT.  I’m much less optimistic that McKinley+Beasley will contribute anything more than minimally or enough to be retained next year.

The Raiders have worked this way for decades:

1. ignore a need for way too long

2. fill the need with players who in theory should work but don’t (often reclamation projects) work out.

3.  Next year.... finally address the need correctly in the draft or Free Agency.

Thus.... I think there’s a good chance we actually invest the resources necessary to upgrade DT and DPR in the offseason.

Edited by jimkelly02

26 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

While both guys did show really big potential earlier in their careers and are both very young 25+28..... I don’t think they’ll contribute much.

i am glad we have at least realize the need and attempted to fill it the best we could this late in the season for 1) a lengthy 3T 2) speed Def. Pass Rusher aka 3rd down DE.  I’ve been ranting about how we lack these things and its Hampering our Defense.

I think Irving can certainly prove to be a solid 3rd DT.  I’m much less optimistic that McKinley+Beasley will contribute anything more than minimally or enough to be retained next year.

The Raiders have worked this way for decades:

1. ignore a need for way too long

2. fill the need with players who in theory should work but don’t (often reclamation projects) work out.

3.  Next year.... finally address the need correctly in the draft or Free Agency.

Thus.... I think there’s a good chance we actually invest the resources necessary to upgrade DT and DPR in the offseason.

I do not expect much out of them this season either but if they flash abilities that we can use I would like to give either of them short prove it deals for next year.  Same with Irving.  I really want to see this defense without Guenther.