Week 12 GDT: Raiders (6-4) @ Falcons (3-7)

NYRaider

52 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

DC didn’t have his best game. He struggles when he doesn’t get time to sit back on the pocket. Why speak on the obvious. Most QBs struggle when they aren’t comfortable dropping back 

He did play badly, regardless of any protection issues. Now, I'm a believer in Carr so I have the upmost confidence he'll bounce back just fine but if you're going to note what went badly then Carr should be a big part of the list. He's still a very good QB, just had a bad day at the office sadly.

In fact, I think it shows how much we rely on Carr, when he plays well, all is well but if he has an off day the team literally falls to pieces. The D can't make up for any deficiency and must be about the worst scoring/turnover creating D there is. We go as far as Carr takes us. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

He had a bad game. The team had a bad game. Get over it. People blow up the boards after a bad game, but quiet when Dc having a mvp season.  So quiet you can here a mouse urinating in the house 

Carr has been receiving major props around here lately from myself included.... I have no idea what you’re talking about. He had a bad game it is what it is imo he’s earned a pass (Atl game) with how great he’s been playing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

He had a bad game. The team had a bad game. Get over it. People blow up the boards after a bad game, but quiet when Dc having a mvp season.  So quiet you can here a mouse urinating in the house 

So you’ve heard a mouse urinate in the house. Maybe it’s time for mouse traps or just get a cat. As far as Carr goes, he’s been getting plenty of praise here. You have no idea what you’re talking about.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Darbsk said:

He did play badly, regardless of any protection issues. Now, I'm a believer in Carr so I have the upmost confidence he'll bounce back just fine but if you're going to note what went badly then Carr should be a big part of the list. He's still a very good QB, just had a bad day at the office sadly.

In fact, I think it shows how much we rely on Carr, when he plays well, all is well but if he has an off day the team literally falls to pieces. The D can't make up for any deficiency and must be about the worst scoring/turnover creating D there is. We go as far as Carr takes us. 

Its about 5 teams in the league that don't relay  on good qb play.  Honestly that might be to many. 

3 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Yeah the entire offense had a bad day, but the Jets is a must win and Carr better show up.

1 hour ago, dante9876 said:

Its about 5 teams in the league that don't relay  on good qb play.  Honestly that might be to many. 

Yeh, I'm not saying we should be great without good QB play but there are a number of teams that can win even with average or poor QB play (not all season but when the Offence in general or the QB lets them down) such as Chicago, Cleveland, Denver, Tampa Bay, San Francisco, Indianapolis, Los Angeles (Rams), Washington. They all can create on D or STs but we basically are never winning a game if the offense is poor or Carr has an off day IMO, we dont even keep it close.

16 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Yeh, I'm not saying we should be great without good QB play but there are a number of teams that can win even with average or poor QB play (not all season but when the Offence in general or the QB lets them down) such as Chicago, Cleveland, Denver, Tampa Bay, San Francisco, Indianapolis, Los Angeles (Rams), Washington. They all can create on D or STs but we basically are never winning a game if the offense is poor or Carr has an off day IMO, we dont even keep it close.

We are 1 of 7 teams in the league that have not scored at least one fumble recovery for a TD, an Interception for a TD, kickoff return for a TD, and/or a punt return for a TD. The other 6 are:

Seattle

Arizona

Buffalo

Detroit

Minnesota

Denver

When Carr has a bad game we have zero chance.  He has to be solid to spectacular for this team to win games.

• Like 1

On 12/1/2020 at 9:44 AM, Ryno said:

If he keeps this up he might price his way out of LV considering the current investments...

If only the Littleton contract had a potential out in year 2... whether he's used wrongly or not he isn't physical enough imo

I doubt it.  We have so many players that haven't lived up to their contracts (Joyner, T. Brown, T. Williams), that we can easily cut to make room for players that are actually producing (Agholor, Morrow).

3 hours ago, Jerry said:

I doubt it.  We have so many players that haven't lived up to their contracts (Joyner, T. Brown, T. Williams), that we can easily cut to make room for players that are actually producing (Agholor, Morrow).

My worry isn't so much the cap space but more the team not wanting to further increase the spending at the position... 

As you mentioned for cap space there are plenty of players that haven't had an impact this year/can be released to clear space. +M.Mariota, R.Incognito, J.Richard if need be, and then a few expiring contracts in M.Collins and J.Witten etc.

Edit: Although if they have the cap to spare and think longer term then C.Littleton does have the potential out after the second year of his contract... (clears just short of $8mil after the $6mil dead cap)

Edited by Ryno

6 hours ago, Ryno said:

My worry isn't so much the cap space but more the team not wanting to further increase the spending at the position... 

As you mentioned for cap space there are plenty of players that haven't had an impact this year/can be released to clear space. +M.Mariota, R.Incognito, J.Richard if need be, and then a few expiring contracts in M.Collins and J.Witten etc.

Edit: Although if they have the cap to spare and think longer term then C.Littleton does have the potential out after the second year of his contract... (clears just short of $8mil after the $6mil dead cap)

Yeah I think C. Littleton will improve next season.  Some players really do take time to develop in the system and Morrow is a perfect example of that.  ICO the cap, completely agree.  Mayock has set us up with a lot of FAs that have 2 year outs which really works out well.  I believe we will cut (let some players walk) to free up the cap and then reload with more FAs that may end up sticking.  He's doing a good job, just takes time.