5. Jordon Scott

DT Oregon

6. Ben Cleveland

OG Georgia

7. Tarik Black

WR Texas

7. Justin Foster

EDGE Clemson

Wwell, I've had the same two first/second rounders for a few weeks, so obviously we agree.  I have Cleveland in the third, but after that, I only have positions that I'd consider.  To make it work, I'm bringing back Jackson, MacKenzie, Spain, Lawson and Wilson.  

1.  Penei Sewell.  OT Oregon.  Duh

2.  Carlos Basham DE Wake (because a few others have jumped over him, but he's a Dunlap clone with better finishing moves, but needs strength.

3.  Ben Cleveland OG, UGA  huge, strong country boy.  perfect RG

After these, I only list positions because I'm not that deep into names yet

4.  DT

5.  TE

6. WR

7. K

7.  TE/LB

Now if somehow we screw up getting Sewell, I'm trading back for picks and targeting JaMarr Chase or Twitty Paye (DE, Michigan)

1 hour ago, Johnny Nix said:

Or Kyle Pitts

Depends on how far we trade back.  I would never take a tight end top ten because they get hurt so much.  And although Pitts is a nightmare matchup, he's essentially another WR.  If Friermuth drops due to the shoulder injury, I could see taking him in the second.

10 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Depends on how far we trade back.  I would never take a tight end top ten because they get hurt so much.  And although Pitts is a nightmare matchup, he's essentially another WR.  If Friermuth drops due to the shoulder injury, I could see taking him in the second.

Unless the coach changes,  I don't see much point in an early tight end.

This is the time for the Bengals to begin a proper rebuild.

Move on from Zac Taylor and his staff of underachievers.

Fire Duke Tobin for a series of poor drafts and staff a full front office.

But we all know MB won't change and Taylor and Tobin will be back for 2021.

On the player side, we should move on from AJ Green, John Ross, and Geno Atkins. Dunlap is already gone, see if Geno has any trade value. Take anything for him.

Cut Hart, Uzomah, and Gio for cap reasons.  I'd offer Uzomah, Gio, and Shawn Williams cheap contracts if they don't find takers elsewhere.

Re-sign Lawson, Alexander, Thomas, Wilson, Daniels, Huber, and Harris. Look for an upgrade from Bullock. Maybe re-sign WJ3 if he's reasonable about his price, ie less than he's making now on the 5th year option. 

We should have plenty of cap space to add some impact players. I'd go hard for Joe Thuney of NE and make him the highest paid guard in the league. We should also go after one of the Bucs free agent LBs, either Lavonte David or Shaq Barrett.

Sewell and Basham to start the draft would be great. We should be looking for talent more than specific positions as we probably won't be playoff contenders in 2021. But with a fully recovered Burrow and talent added in 2021, then 2022 could be our year. Roethlisberger might be retired by then and the bloom is coming off the rose for Lamar Jackson.

8 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Too depressed to start looking at this. Too Soon.

It’s like getting dumped and told to go on Tinder the next day.

Gotta get back on the horse pal. 

The thought of having the highest paid guard makes me ill. This isn't basketball.  I'm fine with a properly paid Spain at left guard.

If we draft Sewell,  is Williams bumped to left guard, right tackle or does Sewell play right tackle.  I am torn on that. Won't be a bad problem to have. 

Sewell-Spain-Hopkins-x-Williams

Just need a right guard. And a new line coach.

Waating time on draft network.  So after obvious pick if Sewell at 3, there were several offensive line options.  Purely based on their ratings:

27.Liam Eichenberg OT Notre Dame

29. Dillon Radunz OT North Dakota State

32.Creed Humphrey IOL Oklahoma

38. Alex Leatherwood OT Alabama

40.Trey Smith IOL Tennessee 

Just tried to go bpa at position of need:

3. Penei Sewell OT
35. Alex Leatherwood OT
67. Jaylen Twyman IDL
104. Shaka Toney EDGE
143. Jeremy Ruckert TE
181. Malcolm Koonce EDGE
224. Marco Wilson CB
246. Dazz Newsome WR

47 minutes ago, Beck Bristow said:

Waating time on draft network.  So after obvious pick if Sewell at 3, there were several offensive line options.  Purely based on their ratings:

27.Liam Eichenberg OT Notre Dame

29. Dillon Radunz OT North Dakota State

32.Creed Humphrey IOL Oklahoma

38. Alex Leatherwood OT Alabama

40.Trey Smith IOL Tennessee 

Just tried to go bpa at position of need:

3. Penei Sewell OT
35. Alex Leatherwood OT
67. Jaylen Twyman IDL
104. Shaka Toney EDGE
143. Jeremy Ruckert TE
181. Malcolm Koonce EDGE
224. Marco Wilson CB
246. Dazz Newsome WR

Which side is Sewell going to?  And if its LT, where do Williams and Leatherwood line up?

7 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Which side is Sewell going to?  And if its LT, where do Williams and Leatherwood line up?

Sewell-Williams-Hopkins-Spain-Leatherwood

Would honestly prefer Trey Smith, but blood clots scare me. I also would probably prefer to wait and draft a right guard later, but there weren't really any other positions there that had as good of value. 

5 minutes ago, Beck Bristow said:

Sewell-Williams-Hopkins-Spain-Leatherwood

Would honestly prefer Trey Smith, but blood clots scare me. I also would probably prefer to wait and draft a right guard later, but there weren't really any other positions there that had as good of value. 

I've got my sights set for Ben Cleveland in the third (Georgia) so that we can get a falling DE in the second (maybe Basham, Wake Forest)

I also want one FA on the line.  So it depends on where they want Jonah.  If they put him at guard, I'd grab a RT in FA (Orlando Brown?).  If they put him at either OT (with Sewell at the other, then I'd grab an OG or just roll woth Spain and draft a guy in the third.  If Wyatt Davis is there in the second, then so much for the DE in that spot.

1) Penei.  If he's there, we have to take him unless we stumble *** backwards into 1 again, then you trade for the haul, but ideally, you stay top 3, pick up the haul, and still get Penei.

2) Almost has to be an edge rusher.  Don't reach, but unless there is clearly better value elsewhere, then this has to be it.

3) I wouldn't say no to another olineman if that is where the value is, but you can be looking at a speed WR, a CB, a TE (cut Uzomah for cap savings), a DT for playable depth, maybe even moving on from Geno, lots of legit options here.

4) This will be right around pick 100, so go BPA here as you can maybe still get someone you have a 2nd round grade on

5) Around here is where I target a long term back up QB with big tools who is raw.  Let him see how Burrow processes the mental side of the game and hone his game along with him and see if you can hit on a lottery ticket.

6) For God's sake, get a new kicker, and you should have your pick of the litter at the top of round 6

7) Make this a special teams pick, whether it be at WR, LB, TE, maybe a true FB?

50 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

I've got my sights set for Ben Cleveland in the third (Georgia) so that we can get a falling DE in the second (maybe Basham, Wake Forest)

I also want one FA on the line.  So it depends on where they want Jonah.  If they put him at guard, I'd grab a RT in FA (Orlando Brown?).  If they put him at either OT (with Sewell at the other, then I'd grab an OG or just roll woth Spain and draft a guy in the third.  If Wyatt Davis is there in the second, then so much for the DE in that spot.

Basham was rated as a late second in their rankings, so I went with the better value.  I consider Spain as a free agent signing. I wouldn't spend a ton on Brown,  as I think his value is perfect for the system Baltimore plays and he'd be a bit of a disappointment here. I'd rather leave Jonah at tackle and try to pick up a decent guard somewhere.  We could probably sign Spain and a similar guard for what Brown would get.