Jump to content

2021 draft talk


Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, BengalsBite said:

i agree with this. even if you bring in a RT in free agency. you can easily play jonah, FA RT, or sewell at a guard spot for a year or so if you have to 

If we land a FA RT that is a legit starter and not a Bobby Hart clone, then you put Sewell at LT and bump Jonah into LG.  Resign Spain and let him and XSF battle it out for RG.

Not a chance I trade back if Sewell is there.  Assuming he's gone (and unfortunately, I think he will be), then you entertain offers as I don't think anyone else is a can't miss top 5 guy.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

If we land a FA RT that is a legit starter and not a Bobby Hart clone, then you put Sewell at LT and bump Jonah into LG.  Resign Spain and let him and XSF battle it out for RG.

Not a chance I trade back if Sewell is there.  Assuming he's gone (and unfortunately, I think he will be), then you entertain offers as I don't think anyone else is a can't miss top 5 guy.

I've been on this train for months if we get Sewell.  Put him at LT.  Then grab another RT (trade/draft/FA) for RT and move Jonah to LG.  Hopkins and Price can battle it out for C, but even with a new OL coach, I would think Hopkins would win.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, INbengalfan said:

I've been on this train for months if we get Sewell.  Put him at LT.  Then grab another RT (trade/draft/FA) for RT and move Jonah to LG.  Hopkins and Price can battle it out for C, but even with a new OL coach, I would think Hopkins would win.

Price has been bad at guard, but has looked equal to Hopkins at center. Free agents this year look heavier at guard than tackle,  I'm not sure I'd expect us to find a starter at tackle. I  think Jonah can play on the right, but there will also be options later if we trade down. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

Price has been bad at guard, but has looked equal to Hopkins at center. Free agents this year look heavier at guard than tackle,  I'm not sure I'd expect us to find a starter at tackle. I  think Jonah can play on the right, but there will also be options later if we trade down. 

This gets back to why i want to keep Jackson or a similar level CB.  Get the need there off the board.  We could go Sewell and still grab Leatherwood or someone like him in the second and let the pieces fall where they may.  Or do something totally unheard of................. trade a future first or second for another OT on a team needing cap space.  I know he's struggled this year, but I would absolutely call the Giants about Thomas and move him to RT.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

This gets back to why i want to keep Jackson or a similar level CB.  Get the need there off the board.  We could go Sewell and still grab Leatherwood or someone like him in the second and let the pieces fall where they may.  Or do something totally unheard of................. trade a future first or second for another OT on a team needing cap space.  I know he's struggled this year, but I would absolutely call the Giants about Thomas and move him to RT.  

If the Giants are stupid enough to give up on Andrew Thomas already, then yes, we should absolutely cash in on that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Giants aren't going to trade Thomas this offseason. There are likely to be some overpaid vets getting cut at the beginning of free agency so we might go panning for gold there. But let's hire a new O-line coach with a record of success first, preferably in the NFL. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Giants aren't going to trade Thomas this offseason. There are likely to be some overpaid vets getting cut at the beginning of free agency so we might go panning for gold there. But let's hire a new O-line coach with a record of success first, preferably in the NFL. 

Probably not, but that type of player could be targeted with a future 1/2 rounder.  Could be a veteran we try to trade for, and the price from us should go down.  I just picked a name off the top of my head.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Mike Brown doesn't believe in trading future draft picks for players now. If he did, he might have made a deal early in the year when it was obvious the O-line sucked and before Burrow got hurt. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, BengalsBite said:

i agree with this. even if you bring in a RT in free agency. you can easily play jonah, FA RT, or sewell at a guard spot for a year or so if you have to 

I think you move Jonah back to RT where he played in college. Put Sewell at LT and then attack OG and C in FA and in the 3/4 rounds. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Carson4MVP said:

I think you move Jonah back to RT where he played in college. Put Sewell at LT and then attack OG and C in FA and in the 3/4 rounds. 

free agency comes first so they have to make their moves not knowing if they’ll have sewell

Link to post
Share on other sites

todd mcshay has the bengals selecting rashawn slater in his latest mock. he basically says like “he’s the best OL after sewell is gone so they pick him here.” 

i would simply hate it

he also says to watch for the bengals to move up to grab sewell. someone else had us moving up to 3 to grab sewell but idr who

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, BengalsBite said:

he also says to watch for the bengals to move up to grab sewell. someone else had us moving up to 3 to grab sewell but idr who

Haha yeah right.  They would likely literally turn down a trade that was 5 and Hart for 3 (Sewell).  So no, we can't expect them to trade up.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, theJ said:

Haha yeah right.  They would likely literally turn down a trade that was 5 and Hart for 3 (Sewell).  So no, we can't expect them to trade up.

Don't forsee a trade up, but could very easily see us taking Slater because they want a tackle and don't want to risk trading down 5+ spots where the value made sense. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Beck Bristow said:

Don't forsee a trade up, but could very easily see us taking Slater because they want a tackle and don't want to risk trading down 5+ spots where the value made sense. 

Slater ois 6'2" at best.  Seems destined for OG

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...