2021 draft talk

Johnny Nix

Almost guaranteed 3 QB's go in the top 4 now, and I wouldn't rule out someone trading up to 4 for a 4th.  We could conceivably get the first non-QB pick in the draft.  Almost guarantees one of Sewell or Chase is there now, so I doubt we trade back.  We need depth sure, but we also need elite talent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

Almost guaranteed 3 QB's go in the top 4 now, and I wouldn't rule out someone trading up to 4 for a 4th.  We could conceivably get the first non-QB pick in the draft.  Almost guarantees one of Sewell or Chase is there now, so I doubt we trade back.  We need depth sure, but we also need elite talent.

It flat out guarantees that one of them, unless someone believes that the Jets are sticking with Darnold.

Tough spot for the Bengals. Take the less exciting pick that protects Burrows blind side for the next decade or the flash and explosiveness of Chase or Pitts? I would personally go with Sewell or Slater, just a more valuable asset for your future.

As a Ravens fan I'm not loving the compiling of talent I'm seeing in Ohio right now. 

11 hours ago, Johnny Nix said:

Would you trade down to 8 for a 2nd and 3rd, with the possibility of still getting Sewell/Chase/Pitts/ Slater/ Waddle?

Yes, I'd take that deal. Given our poor free agency, we'd probably take Slater in that situation.

12 hours ago, Johnny Nix said:

Would you trade down to 8 for a 2nd and 3rd, with the possibility of still getting Sewell/Chase/Pitts/ Slater/ Waddle?

It worked in your mock, but it all hinged on Miami still taking one of thee Alabama WRs instead of Chase.  If they think they could still get Sewell or Chase, fine.  But 8 is one too many spots away to guarantee it.

1 hour ago, INbengalfan said:

It worked in your mock, but it all hinged on Miami still taking one of thee Alabama WRs instead of Chase.  If they think they could still get Sewell or Chase, fine.  But 8 is one too many spots away to guarantee it.

That’s why you would have to be ok with Slater/Waddle/Pitts too

3 hours ago, Johnny Nix said:

That’s why you would have to be ok with Slater/Waddle/Pitts too

I'd rather trade back again and grab Darrisaw.

OR just take Chase at 5 and see if we can package our second with next year's first to trade back up into the mid to late teens for darrisaw.

Today's PFN simulator fun.  I decided to go with no trades whatsoever this time around.

• CIN
    Ja'Marr Chase
    WR LSU

• CIN
    Alex Leatherwood
    OT Alabama

• CIN
    Rashad Weaver
    EDGE Pittsburgh

• CIN
    Cameron McGrone
    LB Michigan